Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crying Towel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crying Towel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope it's in a store in town here. I don't want to have to wait over a week for it to arrive by mail.

03-16-2003 18:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree. Matter of fact I'm gonna call my friendly neighborhood Family bookstore tomorrow to see if they have it on order and, if not, to do so post haste.

JB
03-16-2003 21:06 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I think the 25th will stick.. some of our original concerns with that date are vanishing.

good to hear

03-17-2003 08:32 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Nazarene Crying Towel in hand Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am listening to my copy of "Nazarene Crying Towel," which will be releasing next Tuesday March 25th. I'll post a bit more about it later. There are some great liner notes by Terry about each song and the disc as a whole.
-Jolly
03-18-2003 14:45 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

a preview - cool!
03-18-2003 14:53 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
I am listening to my copy of "Nazarene Crying Towel," which will be releasing next Tuesday March 25th. I'll post a bit more about it later. There are some great liner notes by Terry about each song and the disc as a whole.
-Jolly

But... but... but.... HOW??? Crying

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-18-2003 14:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

NCT an explanation by TST Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The liner notes aren't tied to each song but are interspersed throughout the cd booklet between the lyrics. The notes are entitled, "The Nazarene Crying Towel (an explanation).

Following are some of the liner notes explaining The Nazarene Crying Towel printed in the CD booklet:

One of my earliest and most vivid memories concerning our family's churchgoing experiences is by no means a pleasant one. It's early evening at the Downy Nazarene Church midweek service, and I'm a very young child sitting in a church pew staring in wide-eyed disbelief and horror as my mother and grandmother, along with a small group of fellow parishioners, are falling to their knees, sobbing and wailing and vehemently crying out for God's forgiveness. Today I see this surreal scene as a kind of emotional frenzy of despair...a guttural disgorge of pent up guilt, shame, and remorse. I didn't understand then what much of the tumult was about, but I do remember thinking that God had to be a pretty mean and angry person to cause my Mom and my Grandma such misery. I want them to stop. I want desperately to comfort them, to hold them and tell them everything will be all right, but a kind of paralyzing force that is a fear previously unknown to me renders me immobile. This was my initiation into the world of unbridled religious zealotry, and it was like encountering a towering wall of fire whose awesome intensity kept me from attempting to save those it was about to consume. The experience was at once riveting, bewildering, mysterious, and altogether frightening. I could only look on helplessly as two of the people I loved most in the world threw themselves into the roaring blaze of fervent lamentation and were burned beyond recognition....

The liner notes are more extensive. This is simply the first section.
03-18-2003 15:24 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

songs from Nazarene Crying Towel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. Moses in the Desert (By Taylor & Roe)
2. There you Are (By Taylor & Roe)
[Shared vocals on a tune about the relentlessness of
God's love]
3. Deeper in the Heart (Taylor)
[Taylor on vocals (even Taylor harmonzing w/Taylor).
some of the lyric---
quote:
I threw money down a wishing well / met my friends down by the shores of hell / that's all over now as far as I can tell

4. Come Down Here (Roe & Daugherty)
[Slow and quiet song with Roe and Daugherty on vocals]
5. Be My Hiding Place (Taylor)
[Worshipful song with each of the 3 on vocals]
some of the lyric---
quote:
Be my hiding place in times of trouble / compass me about with songs of deliverance

6. Jesus on the Shore (Taylor)
[I love songs about God's sovereignty]
some lyric---
quote:
Is He in the circumstance / not by chance not by chance / in his hand is providence / open doors closed doors / it's the Lord

7. Mercy Again (Taylor)
[This one could almost pass as a Daniel Amos tune]
8. Cry Out Loud (Roe & Daugherty)
[Great bluesy track! / Roe on vocals]
9. The Yearning (Taylor)
[Daugherty's lilting voice. Sounds like something that
could have been on Green Room Serenade. Some guitar
work in the mix that reminds me of some of The
Innocence Mission's guitar work.]
10. Crushing Hand (Taylor)
[I think this one is my favorite after 2 listens
through the disc.] some lyrics---
quote:
You know my name wound me / You know my name heal me / You lay your crushing hand your mighty hand on me gently

11. Home Again (Taylor)
[Terry whistling intro & out-tro? Shared vocals. Good
horse ridin' rhythm to this one.]
12. Darkest Night (Taylor)
[Haunting reflections on the crucifixion of Jesus]
03-18-2003 16:14 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

now you got me Anticipating.... & and I have to wait to get it, thanks Roll Eyes

03-18-2003 16:46 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday
11. Home Again (Taylor)
[Terry whistling intro & out-tro? Shared vocals. Good horse ridin' rhythm to this one .]

Wink

03-18-2003 17:03 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

1. Moses in the Desert ( His Daddy's in the Sky)
2. There you Are ("Here I Am" part II?)
03-18-2003 17:35 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

thanks jollyholiday! Smile
03-18-2003 18:14 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Yes, thank you sir for the fine review. Called my locas CBS and it WILL BE IN STOCK come Tuesday!! 6 days and countin'. New Music - YEE - HAW!
03-19-2003 12:28 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ya got me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jolly-
now you whet my appetite-in a way that those Hardees Slammers didn't suffice.
I know I'll have to ORDER it- but just the same...
I want it I want IT!!!
jiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-19-2003 12:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/3132/3132913.html

Cool
03-22-2003 11:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'm so excited. I called our local Family Christian Bookstores yesterday to see if they would be carrying this. They told me they had two in stock. I was put on hold and when the lady came back, she said, "I guess our computer is wrong. Check back in a couple of days." She told me it would be $16.98. And here I was so excited thinking that maybe a couple had gotten out before the release date.

03-22-2003 13:55 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
afterglow
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2003

So, should we buy it from the local bookstore as a way to keep them buying the Dogs, or should we buy it from the Dogs site so more money goes to the guys, or look for the cheapest place to buy it?
03-22-2003 23:33 afterglow is offline Search for Posts by afterglow Add afterglow to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

so-called Christ-ian bookstores give me the creeps....
usually the amount you pay for shipping added to the price to buy it at the webstores is still less than what those places charge....
and my understanding is that more goes to the band that way......Smile )

Cool
03-23-2003 01:46 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Joey, Joey. There is no better place to support the Chinese military than your local Christian bookstore. Many of those adorable angels and scripture-bearing leprechauns (50% off this week) are made by the Red Chinese. You can make Jesus and the ghost of Mao smile at the same time.

03-23-2003 03:24 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

lol

Shocked

Smile )

there's probably more truth to that than most of us would want to think

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
03-23-2003 09:04 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Crying Towel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH