Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What's yer favorite book of the Bible? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's yer favorite book of the Bible?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

What's yer favorite book of the Bible? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I gotta go with Ephesians.
03-06-2003 21:19 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

top 2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Romans closely followed by Hebrews. I'm in the process of memorizing Romans 8 right now.

-Jolly
03-06-2003 21:20 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigboycying
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's all good.
03-06-2003 21:22 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

James or Luke or Habbakuk or Jeremiah.

Do you think we'll have many who will pick Leviticus?
03-06-2003 21:32 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
somehypocriticalChrist-ian
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-22-2003

we're gettin' close... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

gotta be the Revelation to St. John on Patmos...
03-06-2003 22:21 somehypocriticalChrist-ian is offline Send an Email to somehypocriticalChrist-ian Search for Posts by somehypocriticalChrist-ian Add somehypocriticalChrist-ian to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Leviticus

03-06-2003 22:29 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Galatians Pleased

03-06-2003 22:34 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Very Hard-
but I'm Partial to the gospel of John-
and Mark

Oh Yeah- And Daniel
and
Amos.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-06-2003 22:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I get the most wonder, awe, comfort, and appreciation from the Psalms.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

03-06-2003 22:53 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Ecclesiastes.

03-07-2003 08:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigboycying

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Ecclesiastes.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
03-07-2003 09:30 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Actually.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bigboycying
quote:
Ecclesiastes.

I just read Joy at the End of the Tether by Douglas Wilson, and my feeling is that if a Calvinist can find reassurance in Ecclesiastes then I'D better nada well be able to.... Smile .... much argument about our modernization of "vanity" into "uselessness" rather than (in his view) "ceaseless repetition".... and that with wisdom comes the ability to find joy even in the "vanity" that much of our life is....

Anyway, gun to head: Psalms, with Job a close second. Ecclesiastes and Romans running respectably behind that.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-07-2003 09:49 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Grand Encephalon

quote:
quote:
Ecclesiastes.

Big Grin It is only when we give up hope in all earthly things that we can truely accept the rest of the Bible. Ecclesiastes is a great place for someome to start learning the truths of God. (Of course when I meet a new Christian and they ask where to start I point them to one of the Gospels).

03-07-2003 11:53 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Very true Mr. Smith.

You are uncommonly wise for your years.
03-07-2003 11:56 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Grand Encephalon

I've always made it a point to learn from other's mistakes (and my own).

03-07-2003 11:58 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

Numbers is unquestiaonably the most beautiful and poetic book in the entire Bible. Psyche.

I love it all; but I've always been fascintated with Hebrews and Revelation. I'm sure deep in our hearts we all love the four gospels the best, as we see Jesus most cleraly in them. Without those, we couldn't glean nearly as much out of the rest of the books, I'm-a-thinkin'.

I'll probably start a Revelation thread soon.
Jim
03-07-2003 11:59
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

You could attain remarkable heights of wisdom by studying my pathetic life then.
03-07-2003 12:00 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Yes, we could.

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-07-2003 12:12 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Ecclesiastes.

Mee tooo! Smile )

03-07-2003 15:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
quote:
Ecclesiastes.

I bet he is! Smile )

03-07-2003 15:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What's yer favorite book of the Bible?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH