Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Oh Yeah! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Oh Yeah!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Oh Yeah! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, a couple weeks ago my parent's church was holding a talent show and my little brother signed up. Over the past few years I've really been turning him on to Terry and all of that stuff. We've gone to see the Lost Dogs whenever they're around (he really thinks Mike Roe is the s*@t), but he loves Terry's stuff. I even made him a few MP3 discs of all of DA, TST, SE material. He decided that since his guitar skills are minimal he would sing along with Terry on a couple of songs. So, he chose Capistrano Beach and did a pretty good job. Then Pie Hole came on. Oh My. It was hysterical. At the end of the song, he had everyone sing along. From my mom to our parish priest.

Put a lid on it baby, everyone sang along. It was brilliant. I never thought I would see 65 year old women singing that song. It was a truly bizarre moment, and one that I will not forget any time soon.

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago
Wheaties, the breakfast of champions
02-19-2003 12:11 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr. Sticky
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
It was a truly bizarre moment, and one that I will not forget any time soon.

Which is funny considering I forgot to post this originally.
02-19-2003 12:12 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great story. What an image!
02-19-2003 12:17 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

It's the first Terry song that my wife actually really likes. She watched the BDDVD of Terry and Phil with me last night and was laughing out loud. It was great. She asked if I had the Avocado Faultline CD. An opening?

02-20-2003 13:07 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I like this one.

02-20-2003 17:48 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

A Roxy Music song

02-21-2003 21:20 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Oh Yeah!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH