Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Official" bootlegs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Official" bootlegs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You do a great job.

01-31-2003 00:53 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes you do.

01-31-2003 18:38 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Tongue

02-01-2003 13:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah we've tossed around a few ideas.

The Roe bootlegs idea thing is cool but it's also
one of those things that takes a lot of time to
individually make them, which slows down other things.

We've thought about having sort of small fan club only
type releases CDR/VHS type things, low budget, small printing of live shows and things.

The key generally is to get ahold of a tape that everyone doesn't already have. If you put enough money into it
to print 500 and only sell 10, thats bad mkay.

We have access to a couple really old Jubals Last Band
recordings we've been looking at. Those would be good
collectors items. We've also thought about making a VHS
of the video that I put a clip up of available to the
Avocado Club, once it's all edited.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-01-2003 13:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

I like both those Ideas!

I think the video you did was great!

BD
02-01-2003 17:43 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Good idea!

Shocked

02-01-2003 17:54 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Great idea!

02-01-2003 19:03 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Yes...kudos!

Let's get a DADVD up and out there for purchase! Smile

I liked the video too...

(btw, are DVDs as cheap to produce now as VHS?)

I really dislike VHS! Frown

02-01-2003 20:10 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

nope... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead

(btw, are DVDs as cheap to produce now as VHS?)

I really dislike VHS! Frown

Not really...no. It isn't horrible, and it is getting cheaper, but DVD the whole dvd process is pretty expensive. It's not as simple as VHS because in a way DVD is interactive with all the menus and extras etc. So no...it's not as cheap as VHS.

jeffrey k.

02-02-2003 01:40 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

That's for sure!

If it was as easy I would have all my bootlegs on DVD. But to do it right takes a lot of time.

BD
02-02-2003 11:19 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

What about converting VHS to VCD? Confused

Most DVD players will play these VCDs. Though the format isn't as clean and crisp as DVD, neither is VHS at times.

02-02-2003 13:46 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Mine don'tEvil When I was in line at the residents concert a guy gave me a VCD of a residents pre-release party for Demons Dance Alone because I was first in line. I had a hard time playing it on anything.

02-02-2003 23:46 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Frown

02-03-2003 10:28 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

There are those VCD players that you can download to your PC that will play them...

Here's one I have on my system and it seems to work fine with the VCDs I've played on it anyway:

QuickVCD

Smile

02-03-2003 10:34 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

The 1982 2 disc bootleg that people are talking about, is it
the Edina concert? If so, I've got it.

I want my DA, Lost Dogs and 77's DVD's!
02-03-2003 11:10 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Mine don'tEvil When I was in line at the residents concert a guy gave me a VCD of a residents pre-release party for Demons Dance Alone because I was first in line. I had a hard time playing it on anything.

VCD's play better on the newer DVD players. I have a few VCD's. They won't play on my old DVD player, but play on a newer one.

02-03-2003 16:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
The 1982 2 disc bootleg that people are talking about, is it
the Edina concert? If so, I've got it.

If it's like the Live Bootleg '82 it's St Louis.

02-03-2003 16:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Official" bootlegs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH