Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Message » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's Message
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I have visited about 5 churches in the last 3 months. After each terrible experience it takes a couple weeks to build up the courage to try again. It's dry here in the desert....

it's a long hard road, I tell you what Crying

10-16-2002 16:59 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I have visited about 5 churches in the last 3 months. After each terrible experience it takes a couple weeks to build up the courage to try again. It's dry here in the desert....

I've only gone to church about 2x in the past 6 months. Does that surprise anybody??? Crying

10-16-2002 17:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

I've only gone to church about 2x in the past 6 months. Does that surprise anybody??? Crying

no! Pleased

10-17-2002 13:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:

no! Pleased

thanks for the backup Doc! Tongue

10-17-2002 15:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
quote:

I had a time like that about 4 years ago. I couldn't find anywhere for about 3 years - I had been drifting. I had been really burnt by a pentecostal church.

Found a really good Anglican church. Tomorrow I attend a "Ministry Exploration" day in which there are various group exercises and individual introspective exercises and a few people from committed ministries. I am going as I am applyign to be trained to the Ordainded Anglican Clergy - so prayers appreciated - Yes Jim yours too!!

What a way to spend my birthday Pleased
10-17-2002 15:36 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
jc
Luteous Llama

fer me Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DBers
have been without a church "home"
a lil over a year
but frequenting 2 different places- and get fellowship about 3 times in a given month.
Wife is down to maybe 1.
It can be the way of things-but I take Terrys admonition seriously, just cant seem to find a place to call home right now.JM- dont EVEN go there!
The one I like the most is 25 miles away- thats a lot when your not from CA.
Kids go regular-like the youth part of it...but I know where some of you are at.
jiMiNy
10-17-2002 15:46 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

This is my church for now... Big Grin

10-17-2002 15:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

me too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not kidding- I get the most fellowship
yakking with all you kindees
(and learning to forgive a few....)
Love to ya
JiMiny
10-17-2002 16:04 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
This is my church for now... Big Grin

without the DADl or DADL-OT I would have had no christian contact for those 3 years of wandering
10-17-2002 16:04 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

the brotherhood of the DAmb!!!!

of the edward danielion order

10-17-2002 16:11 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

no! Pleased

that's what I'm here for! Big Grin

10-17-2002 16:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul

no! Pleased
quote:

that's what I'm here for! Big Grin

I knew there was some reason for it... Wink

10-17-2002 16:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

I think it's very hard to find the right church.
There is a courtship peroid when you are looking for the "right" place to go that is not taken into account for.

The DA board has helped me forgive the Church in many ways! Smile )

10-17-2002 16:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I think I've been going to the "wrong" church for the past 5 - 6 years... Tongue Oh well, won't be too much longer.

10-17-2002 23:50 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
I think I've been going to the "wrong" church for the past 5 - 6 years... Tongue Oh well, won't be too much longer.

yeah... that's a bummer! Crying

10-18-2002 16:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

quote:

you ain't a JW are you???? (jk)

10-18-2002 17:59 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
quote:

yeah... that's a bummer! Crying

Sure is... Frown

10-18-2002 20:40 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:

you ain't a JW are you???? (jk)

Big Grin !

No. Tongue

10-18-2002 20:41 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Ubique Epoque

Q: What do you get when you cross a JW and a Unitarian?

A: Someone who knocks on the door and has nothing to say!

Big Grin

10-24-2002 16:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
10-25-2002 01:38 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Message

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH