Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Veggie Tales the movie » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Veggie Tales the movie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Veggie Tales the movie Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry's Vegitables tune from the Wilson tribute should be on the new Veggie tales soundtrack. The children of America need to be introduced to the Big TST. It could be the gateway tune for them listening to Imaginarium.

It is funny reading the reviews for Jonah. THe reviewers like the movie but then make the politically correct apologies that this is a Judeo-CHristian movie. It is as though they really don't know how to like something that they are supposed to hate.

10-04-2002 12:24 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm looking forward to this - I wasn't too impressed with the soundtrack, but I'm hoping the movie is going to be really good. We're taking our two year old to see it - her first big movie experience - hope she doesn't freak out!!!

10-04-2002 12:32 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm taking my 3 yr old to see it this weekend. He loves Veggietales. I haven't heard the Terry song, because I wasn't going to buy a 2 cd set just for a couple songs....

10-04-2002 12:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
I'm taking my 3 yr old to see it this weekend. He loves Veggietales. I haven't heard the Terry song, because I wasn't going to buy a 2 cd set just for a couple songs....

And you call yourself a fan....

oh the shame....

oh the horror.....

10-04-2002 12:36 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
quote:

oh the shame....

oh the horror.....

Terry good, Veggie tales good, most other "Christian" music bad.... Crying

10-04-2002 12:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
quote:

oh the shame....

oh the horror.....

I didn't get it either for the same reason... and because I'm going broke buying all the other albums that have come out recently....

I'm going to have to make a list of all the stuff I missed and hope someone buys them for me for Christmas. Pleased

mike knott (I am way behind on him now Frown )
poor old lu (still need the new one)
part tour (i will be getting this one)
stonehill's new CD (I don't have Uncle Stonehill's Hat yet either)
Come as a Child CD
City on a Hill Christmas CD
carman's new CD
and many more I can't think of right now....

any volunteers? Wink

how can all this music being available now be soooo good and yet suck at the same time?

BD

10-04-2002 12:47 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
carman's new CD
BD

Confused Confused Confused

10-04-2002 13:00 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
quote:
carman's new CD
BD

Confused Confused Confused

just seeing if anyone would notice Wink

BD Big Grin

10-04-2002 13:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I noticed, but I chose to ignore....

ignorance really is bliss....

10-04-2002 13:10 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

quote:

Joey,I bought it for the TST / Lost Dogs tunes as I was never a huge Beach Boys fan. However, let me say that Making God Smile is a great collection of songs, and being honest the TST song isn't that great, and the Lost Dogs song is okay. The rest of the album mostly by artists I don't know is very good and a huge surprise.

10-04-2002 13:47 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
quote:

Joey,I bought it for the TST / Lost Dogs tunes as I was never a huge Beach Boys fan. However, let me say that Making God Smile is a great collection of songs, and being honest the TST song isn't that great, and the Lost Dogs song is okay. The rest of the album mostly by artists I don't know is very good and a huge surprise.

I am ashamed to say I agree completely

10-04-2002 14:03 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

CNN Review Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just read the CNN Review with Vischer--Veggie Tales creator. Hope you enjoy it too at http://www.CNN.com
theo
10-04-2002 20:02 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Thumbs waaay up on the movie. My son got so excited at parts he practically jumped right out of his chair. Smile )

10-05-2002 23:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
mike knott (I am way behind on him now Frown )
poor old lu (still need the new one)
part tour (i will be getting this one)
stonehill's new CD (I don't have Uncle Stonehill's Hat yet either)
Come as a Child CD
City on a Hill Christmas CD
carman's new CD
and many more I can't think of right now....
BD

Cue Seaseme Street music....

One of these things is not like the others....
10-06-2002 16:17 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Ditto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We took our three-year old to see it. As with some of you, it was his first "big theater" movie. It is such a blast to do these "firsts" with your kid...first movie, first movie popcorn, first "when are they gonna start the video?". Yeah. He had a blast, and my wife to photos of him in the theater for her scrapbooking habit.
10-07-2002 10:15 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Great movie!!!! It was a daddy and daughter date. We had a blast. Any movie that a 2 1/2 year old will sit all the way through has to be considered a winner. Lots of laughs and a great telling of the story.

10-07-2002 11:27 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

the fly... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw it with the family a few days ago.

It's a good movie, but not 'A' quality. It seemed to me only a longer version of the videos in my collection. I'm not sure it was really "big screen" quality.

Let's see, how do we keep this on topic? The closest thing I can muster is the tune off the SA reissue Big Grin

10-07-2002 12:18 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ceremonial Kernel

Foxe's opinion is probably pretty good. The animation was much better than on the videos, but the story was a little wanting.....I actually enjoy the writing in the videos a little more than the writing for the movie (at least the earlier videos). But my two year old loved it, and that's all that really mattered.

It opened at #6 on the charts for the weekend with 6 point something million. Not too shabby for a "Christian" release. Hope it continues to do well. I read that they spent over 14 million on it. So they've got a long way to go to break even....

10-07-2002 13:09 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Ok, yeah it's not the Godfather..... but as far as movies for 3 yr olds go, it's top-notch! Smile )

10-07-2002 13:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

You mean there's no.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

..."Oh wheh, oh wheh, isthmy HEH-bwush???"

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
10-07-2002 13:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Veggie Tales the movie

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH