Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Top Five » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry's Top Five
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Terry's Top Five Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So Terry asked me what the top five Christmas Albums of all time were. My top five were all within his top ten, but we didn't totally match up on the top five.

Terry is presently writing an article for one of the music mags about this very topic (I'll recall the exact mag later). But this is an interesting opportunity to create a list.

You might state your top five here and then when Terry's article comes out, we'll be able to see who came the closest to matching Uncle Terry.

I'm not going to list because I came SO close to a total match and I don't wish to affect the outcome.

Go for it!
10-04-2002 12:21 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Noel
Broken Christmas
Michael W. Smith Christmas (it really is good)
Celtic Heartbeat Christmas
Jon Anderson - 3 ships

but, of course, this list will change weekly depending on what I'm listening to.....

and Steve Taylor's Winter Wonderland song is simply fabulous.

and the Lost Dogs' Christmas Song, of course....

10-04-2002 12:26 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But you really should list, Theo - we want to know....

10-04-2002 12:27 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
Hmmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmmm...Ahhhhhh...uh-huhhhhhh...
10-04-2002 12:28 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Noel
Broken Christmas

both no brainers

the rest is hard...

I listen to a large variety of Christmas Music, all mixed up on a random MP3 CD. It's got everything from classic Nat King Cole to Songs from last year off Happy Christmas Vol 3.

I'll have to pull out the rest of my Christmas Music to see what I have

I do have the first Amy Grant Christmas CD (I don't know if she made another one) but I think it was something my Dad bought one year along with a few other odd choices for him.

BD

10-04-2002 13:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

I do have the first Amy Grant Christmas CD (I don't know if she made another one) but I think it was something my Dad bought one year along with a few other odd choices for him.
BD

I believe she's up to 3 or 4 now...... crazy

10-04-2002 13:12 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
a bit of guidance Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Okay...a little steering, but that's all... Big Grin

While we all love the Lost Dogs' Christmas, Broken Christmas, and others...Terry's list is gonna lean more towards the traditional, but not necessarily 50 years ago over 10 years ago. Just more in the traditional sense.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I'm having major computer problems. I receive DADLs but can't post. I tried to post this list idea to the DADL but it didn't get through. Anybody wanna do it for us? Thankx.
10-04-2002 13:12 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
I receive DADLs but can't post. I tried to post this list idea to the DADL but it didn't get through. Anybody wanna do it for us? Thankx.

It would just turn ugly like everything else there... leave it here, the "real" Daniel Amos discussion list... Big Grin btw, the only Christmas albums I own are Broken Christmas and Noel. Big Grin

10-04-2002 13:14 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

1. Noel
2. The Court of a King The Crossing (Cornerstone fav)
3. Christmas Bruce Cockburn
4. The Darkest Night of the Year OTR
5. Christmas Carols Old and New David Edwards

I hate having to pack these and other gems away every February...My wife lets me take them out one other day for a Christmas in August.
10-04-2002 13:15 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

of course, those will all move down a notch when Terry and the boys release their Christmas masterpiece...
10-04-2002 13:17 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
1. Noel
2. The Court of a King The Crossing (Cornerstone fav)
3. Christmas Bruce Cockburn
4. The Darkest Night of the Year OTR
5. Christmas Carols Old and New David Edwards

wow - I left Cockburn's album off my list - I love that one - and Light of the Stable by Emmylou is great too - I have a great CD called the Best Christmas CD.....ever - two CDs - one is all old traditional stuff - the second CD is newer classic stuff - it rocks!!!!

10-04-2002 13:21 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Bing Crosby - Merry Christmas
Nat "King" Cole - The Christmas Song
John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together
A Music Box Christmas
Mahalia Jackson - Silent Night (Songs for Christmas)

these were all records my parents have that will always be at the top of my favorite Christmas music list. I especially love Rowlf's version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and you've gotta hear Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem's version of "Little Saint Nick"

"Run Run Run!" - Animal
10-04-2002 13:38 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Stable is great too. It would be in my top ten.
10-04-2002 14:04 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Haven't listened to all mine for a while, so I'm sure I'll forget something.

Winterlude--This was one of those 6-bucks cds Walmart had a few years back. No cedits, no liner notes, so I have no idea who recorded it, but it's my favorite Christmas album and one of the best cds to relax with. Very mellow instrumental like Windham Hill. Perfect for late at night with the lights low and the candles burning.

Alvin & the Chipmunks--the second Christmas album. The first one is good, but the second is better. Stay away from Volume 3.

Veggie Tales--(forgot the name of it). The Eight Polish Foods of Christmas. 'Nuff said.

Elvis Presley--If Every Day was Like Christmas Day. My sister loved Elvis, so i heard these songs a lot growing up. my big nostalgia album.

Glenn Miller--In the Christmas Mood. The best big band/swing Christmas album. There's a Volume 2, but it's not as good.

Plenty of good ones I'm leaving off (Noel, Sparrow's Christmas, The Crossing, Bing Crosby), but these are my favorites.

Anyone have a copy of Porky Pig singing Blue Christmas, one of the lacal radio stations used to play it all the time, but then they changed formats.
10-04-2002 14:48 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by web

Anyone have a copy of Porky Pig singing Blue Christmas, one of the lacal radio stations used to play it all the time, but then they changed formats.

funny you should mention that, I was just playing it while looking through my MP3's

I put it on my website for you

Porky's Blue Christmas

10-04-2002 15:18 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Thanks, BD! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are too kind. it was great hearing it again. I owe ya one.
10-04-2002 15:26 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by web
You are too kind. it was great hearing it again. I owe ya one.

Cool

10-04-2002 15:29 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

top five christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

George Frideric Handel - Messiah (Though I've never found a
recorded version that
does the piece justice)
Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Bruce Cockburn - Christmas
George Winston - December (I know this technically isn't
exclusively a Christmas disc)
John Rutter & the Cambridge Singers - Christmas Night
10-04-2002 15:39 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jollyholiday

Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas

I forgot I had that one...

such a fun album!

BD

10-04-2002 15:41 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by web
Glenn Miller--In the Christmas Mood. The best big band/swing Christmas album.

I love this one! I also have a few CDs with like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin, etc... playing the christmas tunes for the young people.

BTW... it ain't even Halloween yet! Can we can the Christmas chit-chat til Thanksgiving?? Evil

10-04-2002 15:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Terry's Top Five

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH