Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Pay Here, Said The Angel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pay Here, Said The Angel
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Pay Here, Said The Angel WoaaahJelly! 09-03-2017 16:22
 RE: Pay Here, Said The Angel sondance 09-05-2017 20:49
 RE: Pay Here, Said The Angel WoaaahJelly! 09-06-2017 10:19

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Pay Here, Said The Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just came up with this one (I am a compulsive thinker; wheels always turning). I remember when DA and The Dogs came to my semi-local venue the door charge was like $5.00 or $10.00. I marveled that anyone would tour like all over the America for what must have been a paltry sum at the end of it all. (I remember Denni Doogerman commented at one of the Dogs dates that they needed money to get to Kentucky. I don't think he was kidding.*)

What we need (I'm on board for this) is for, say, six "Angels" to drop just a monster sum into the plate, or at the door, to keep the tours worthwhile, and pay the guys we love to make the music we love; in short, to make music profitable and not so much a labor of love. I'm not rich by any means, but I think this would be a good investment. At one of the Dogs dates I did my best to empty the merch table. We can continue to do that, plus the Angel thing. I could do $300. I could do that a couple of times. ** If several Angels did that, then one gig at, say Joe's Java could net $2,000 for the guys. Twelve stops on a tour and that's $25,000!!! The rest of the folks not in the know could just pay $5.00 or whatever.

This could help our guys tour more often and enrich them. I say this because it looks like for cult bands like our guys record sales don't help much.

Cool or not? Modifications? Suggestions?

* Also, KENTUCKY God help us all.

** I WORK AT WAL-MART

09-03-2017 16:22 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all in favor of thinking how we can expand their exposure and income, maybe some event(s) in conjunction with a release of the DHSTA video still to come out.

Psalm 119:83
09-05-2017 20:49 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Thread Starter Thread Started by WoaaahJelly!
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As much as I love them I think we're looking at a limited demo. So Christian males age 45+?

09-06-2017 10:19 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Pay Here, Said The Angel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH