Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joy and Sadness » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Joy and Sadness
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Joy and Sadness Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On the way in to work this morning i popped in Mr. Buechner's Dream (Disc 2) and just started listening. I skipped through songs and listened to "Small Great Things", "Pregnant Pause" and "Steal Away". As I listened to these songs I was filled with the overwhelming sense of God's Spirit in my car and in me. While I was overcome with Joy, i was filled with a sense of sadness. A sadness for those who have not known and do not know of this Joy. For the people in my life that do not understand what this Joy is, what the Spirit is. I wanted to cry. Even as I sit here at work I want to weep. Conviction? Probably. I've been depressed the past few months (not too depressed, but more than usual) and i realize that it's a lack of prayer and substance in my life. A lack of God. I feel convicted constantly, but then it turns into guilt and then anger and then depression on a daily basis.

I'm not writing this as a prayer request, but as a way of saying this to someone. There is noone here at work that I could tell this to. Plenty of Christians, I just don't think I could talk to them about it. They probably wouldn't understand the whole Rock Music thing. I guess I wanted to share a blessing in my life today that has brought me closer to God, although i'm sure that in two hours I will let it pass. But for now I can write it down and look back at it and remind myself.

Of course, I could always just blast MBD in my office all day.
10-03-2002 08:07 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She's got one foot on the ground, and one foot in the air...

10-03-2002 15:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Joy and Sadness

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH