Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos 45's » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos 45's
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rwtowry rwtowry is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-15-2006

Daniel Amos 45's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know which Daniel Amos songs were released on 7-inch vinyl? It's hard to complete a collection when you're not sure what to look for. Thanks!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by rwtowry: 09-06-2015 23:10.

09-06-2015 22:32 rwtowry is offline Search for Posts by rwtowry Add rwtowry to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have the "Distance and Direction" 45 from Doppelganger, and I think a 45 from Alarma came out, but I could not tell you what the tracks were. There was also a Swirling Eddie release out there once, I think.
09-07-2015 18:30 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

These are the ones I am aware of, there are more I am sure. Not sure which one was for HD.

1. Daniel Amos: Losers and Winners/Don't Light Your Own Fire (Maranatha HS-777-24) *
2. Daniel Amos: Walking on the Water (Maranatha 4837)
3. Daniel Amos: Shotgun Angel / no B side (Maranatha 45-032) *
4. Daniel Amos: Happily Married Man/Happily Married Man (Maranatha MM115-DJ) *
5. Daniel Amos: Walls of Doubt/Walls of Doubt (NewPax NB-5830) *
6. Daniel Amos: Distance and Direction/New Car! (¡Alarma! ART 5524) *
7. Daniel Amos: When Worlds Collide/When Worlds Collide (Refuge S 84008 ) *
8. Swirling Eddies: I've Got an Idea/Rodeo Drive (Frontline S19046-2) *

Radio Spots:

9. Maranatha Promotional Radio Spots (Various Artists) Spot 2 Daniel Amos (ADM919T)

Solo:

10. Terry Scott Taylor: Song of Innocence/ Dancing on Light (Shadow S-5901) *
11. Terry Scott Taylor: Changeless/The Wood Between The Worlds (Frontline U-18234) *
12. Body and Soul (Rob Watson): Something's Going On Here/ The Graylands (33rpm) (Parbar RW 007 A) *

Larger singles and EPs:

10" Horrendous Disc radio ep with Blue and White swirled vinyl. *
Side one (33 1/3 rpm) features "I Believe In You," "Hound of Heaven" and "Horrendous Disc."
Side Two (78 rpm) has the flying saucer sounds, and "On The Line."

One 12" single of Swirling Eddies "Lets Spin" / Mike Stand "Do I Stand Alone" *

12" Alarma Radio Special *
12" Doppelganger Radio Special *

Rumored/Not Yet Verified:

Daniel Amos: Rocket Packs Radio single
Daniel Amos: Central Theme (NewPax NB-58??)

09-07-2015 18:35 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
rwtowry rwtowry is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-15-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by rwtowry

Thanks. I also have a Terry Taylor from "A Briefing..." (Changeless/The Wood Between The Worlds). Love to find Happily Married Man and Rocket Packs some day.

09-07-2015 22:05 rwtowry is offline Search for Posts by rwtowry Add rwtowry to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Body and Soul (Rob Watson): Something's Going On Here/The Graylands

Just to be a bit nitpicky: I have this, and if I recall correctly it's technically not a "45", but rather a 7" record that plays at 33 RPM. (The 6-minute B-side isn't actually too long for a 45, but apparently someone saw the need to make the record play at 33 because of it.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ftg3plus4: 09-08-2015 12:15.

09-08-2015 12:13 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4
Just to be a bit nitpicky: I have this, and if I recall correctly it's technically not a "45", but rather a 7" record that plays at 33 RPM. (The 6-minute B-side isn't actually too long for a 45, but apparently someone saw the need to make the record play at 33 because of it.)

I have it as well. I'm pretty sure it plays at 45 rpm. I'd check, but my copy is 1,825 miles away.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 09-08-2015 23:13.

09-08-2015 22:59 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Since my copy is also not handy, I did a quick Google search. The one discussion I found about the record that mentioned the speed said it was 33 (well, 33-1/3).

09-16-2015 12:57 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
These are the ones I am aware of, there are more I am sure. Not sure which one was for HD.

1. Swirling Eddies: I've Got an Idea/Rodeo Drive
2. Terry Scott Taylor: Song of Innocense/ Dancing on Light
3. Terry Scott Taylor: Changeless/The Wood Between The Worlds
4. Daniel Amos: Happily Married Man/Happily Married Man
5. Daniel Amos: Losers and Winners/Don't Light Your Own Fire
6. Daniel Amos: Walls of Doubt/Walls of Doubt
7. Daniel Amos: When Worlds Collide/When Worlds Collide
8. Daniel Amos: Distance and Direction/Distance and Direction
9. Daniel Amos: Rocket Packs Radio single
10. Body and Soul (Rob Watson): Something's Going On Here/The Graylands (33rpm)

10" Horrendous Disc radio ep with Blue and White swirled vinyl.
Side one (33 1/3 rpm) features "I Believe In You," "Hound of Heaven" and "Horrendous Disc."
Side Two (78 rpm) has the flying saucer sounds, and "On The Line."

One 12" single of Swirling Eddies "Lets Spin" / Mike Stand "Do I Stand Alone"

I had no idea here were so many 7" (as the kids call them).

I have "Walls of doubt" and "I have an idea".

I saw a copy of the 12" of "Let's Spin" over in the Commander's Closet many years ago.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-23-2016 06:45.

01-23-2016 06:44 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I am updating the list as I get more information.

11-04-2016 19:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Vaguely perverse and cool idea- they could press a limited run of 78's. These of course would be space-age vinyl and not talc-sweetened shellac. I'd buy that.

11-06-2016 06:39 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Just got the "Changeless/Wood Between The Worlds" 45. Waiting on "Dancing On Light/Song of Innocence" and "I've Got An Idea/Rodeo Drive" to show.

Many years ago, the band XTC did a 45s box with their Apple Venus Vol. 1 record. The Smithereens did it too with A Date With The Smithereens, and Joe Jackson's I'm The Man also came out as a 45 box.

Considering how tight things are for getting Kickstarters started and completed, this is clearly a pipe dream...but it would be cool to choose two songs from each DA album that did not get onto vinyl and perhaps formulate a 45s box out of those.

Again -- pipe dream. The cost would be prohibitive for both sides, but it's fun to think about.
11-30-2016 18:43 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Daniel Amos 45's

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH