Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Two Alarma Tour Photos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Two Alarma Tour Photos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I waited until the Lost Dogs... I was 19 I believe. I loved the choir and Adam Again, but had never heard 77's or DA before that. I'd heard of Terry in reading stuff but didn't really know much more. Now I'd say, I'm a DA and 77's fan first. The Dogs second. The other two third.

05-19-2015 21:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PassingInterest
quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Cool pictures! I was born in 1980, so I was just a little tot when these were captured.

Well, now I gotta ask the most commonly asked question heard around the world: At what age did you become a Daniel Amos fan?

Oh, I was 20. Purchased a DA album on a whim. The rest is history.

05-20-2015 23:21 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

NULL NULL NULL replied the wrong way.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 12-07-2015 09:35.

12-07-2015 09:35 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

So where in Columbus was this? Is the record store still there? I think I spy "Hudson" in the background. This may be a weird thing to do but I could go see the place today, not too far away.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 12-07-2015 09:45.

12-07-2015 09:36 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Neither Google nor Duckduckgo turned up anything except a discontinued business listing for Apocalypse Records. Looks like they might have gone under sometime between the mid-'90s and the early 2000's.

Looking back at the pictures again, the one with Tim shows a Never Say Die standing poster, so it looks like 1981.
12-08-2015 08:19 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Me too. Tried Google. I am a Petra* fan also and completely missed that poster! An obvious solution is to PM the OP- PassingInterest. I'll try that.

Also note how much like Phil Keaggy Tim looks!

*No, not Carmen also. Mama raised me better than that.

12-08-2015 11:44 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
PassingInterest PassingInterest is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-15-2014

Thread Starter Thread Started by PassingInterest

Apocalypse Records was in downtown Columbus. I visited there a lot in 1980 and 1981, but I moved to Texas in 1982 and lost touch with the store and Tom and Jerry Flowers, who ran the place. It has been so long, but as I recall, they were located off Main Street, near the OSU campus.

In those days, the Flowers brothers also had a place called The Fish House Warehouse, which they used for some concerts. I think I saw Degarmo and Key there. By the way, I read that Dana Key was a direct descendant of Francis Scott Key. I just thought that I would blurt that out for no obvious reason.
12-09-2015 12:10 PassingInterest is offline Search for Posts by PassingInterest Add PassingInterest to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!

Also note how much like Phil Keaggy Tim looks!

Have you noticed that you never see Tim Chandler and Phil Keaggy in the same place at the same time? Like Clark Kent and Superman. Just something to think about.
12-09-2015 12:14 PassingInterest is offline Search for Posts by PassingInterest Add PassingInterest to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

And Phil Keaggy is known for his gifted and excellent guitar playing...and Tim plays bass or something I guess. So there's that.

I don't know why but lately I find myself sleuthing to find old, razed and just plain missing buildings and places so I will go take a look. Thank you for the reply.

12-11-2015 07:26 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

No, I saw them both on stage here in New Zealand in the 80's with Randy Stonehill!
Phil was really tall, as I remember...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
12-11-2015 18:37 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

So it was a DA/Phil Keaggy/Stonehill concert? That sounds like fun.

And if you Google all of your favorite 1980's CCM and alternative artists you will find they have aged a bunch. So maybe you shouldn't look.

Except Carmen.

12-13-2015 14:39 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
So it was a DA/Phil Keaggy/Stonehill concert? That sounds like fun.

Actually, at that time Keaggy & Stonehill were touring together, sharing between them a band of hired guns, of which Tim was one. I didn't catch the tour, but I remember the reports.
12-13-2015 19:12 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Yes, it was the "Keaggy-Stonehill Band".

Featuring, of course, Phil and Randy. The rest of the band was Tim Chandler and the wonderful Mr David Raven.

So, the DA/Eddies/Keaggy/Uncle Rand et al (poor Al) band!

They were great. Phil had just released "Sunday's Child" and Randy "Can't buy a Miracle". They rocked! I drove 4 hours to see them.

12-13-2015 22:47 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

That's so cool. So Tim has been to New Zealand. I'd like to visit.

12-14-2015 07:42 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

I have both CDs! Dating right back to the late 1980's. I appreciate Phil's work but never liked the Beatles. Hazy memories of CBAM though.

12-14-2015 07:44 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

What a lineup! I wish I had been there!
12-14-2015 17:26 PassingInterest is offline Search for Posts by PassingInterest Add PassingInterest to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I sat right behind the sound desk and suddenly lots of my musician friends (many that I had no idea were coming to the show) sat in the same area. Guess we thought the sound would be best there.
The sound was quite good, except Tim's bass was too loud and a bit distorted. I reminded Tim of this on one of the DA internet chats and he replied "Loud and distorted....??? Cool!"

Phil did a solo spot where he used echo units to play multiparts on his acoustic. It was the first time I had ever seen someone do this and I was blown away by it! He went into a time of worship in the best possible way, I thought at the time.

There's little chance of seeing any of this sort of thing again here in NZ now that the big Parachute Festival has ended. Because of this festival I got to see Delerious?, Uncle Rand, Steve Taylor, Hoi Polloi (locals again now, of course), Switchfoot, Casting Crowns (who are great live, they really can rock) and others.

I can still support Kickstarter projects though...

02-03-2017 15:22 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

well that's just great... where are the stinking photos?

Psalm 119:83
02-03-2017 22:04 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Dang, sorry. I had the photos on the now defunct Google Picasa site. They all got moved over to Google photos, but I guess the links changed. I'll see if I can put them back in again, right where they belong.

I can not figure out how to post a photo here from "google photo." I may need to find another photo hosting site. Flickr, perhaps.

I could not post photos here from Flickr, either. Someone suggested PhotoBucket. That worked.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by PassingInterest: 02-11-2017 18:54.

02-11-2017 16:29 PassingInterest is offline Search for Posts by PassingInterest Add PassingInterest to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Text Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
And Phil Keaggy is known for his gifted and excellent guitar playing...and Tim plays bass or something I guess. So there's that.

I don't know why but lately I find myself sleuthing to find old, razed and just plain missing buildings and places so I will go take a look. Thank you for the reply.

So have you been to see this place yet? Any pictures to share? You can have friends restage the first two in this thread!
05-02-2017 11:51 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Two Alarma Tour Photos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH