Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » pretty much » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page pretty much
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

pretty much Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now, I'm no music historian, but I think this is pretty accurate.

mindgasket has attached this image (reduced version):
Big March of Progress.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mindgasket: 08-20-2013 16:17.

08-20-2013 16:17 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

RE: pretty much Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love this. Being a huge ELO/Jeff Lynne fan, I can agree with it.
08-21-2013 08:17 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: pretty much Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nice..

Cool
08-21-2013 10:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

excellent but i'd propose the little guy on the left might be closer to Roy Rogers (maybe the Monkees but the time slot is wrong) than Beet-man

Psalm 119:83
08-21-2013 14:59 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Thread Starter Thread Started by mindgasket
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ELO - the best thing the Beatles ever did!

Shocked
08-22-2013 22:26 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

My two favorite musicians have always been Terry and Jeff. Since I've met Terry many times, I am looking into running into Jeff at some point. He's getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year, and I am thinking about going to see this. Maybe I'll get my chance!
08-23-2013 08:42 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

RE: pretty much Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
Now, I'm no music historian,

well in that part I completely agree Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-02-2013 20:50 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Thread Starter Thread Started by mindgasket

I love it when people agree with me! Wink
09-03-2013 07:16 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
I love it when people agree with me! Wink

Tongue you're very funny, now I understand the image Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-06-2013 12:22 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

I'm a BIG ELO fan too, so I'm not at all sure DA would head up ELO (I know, boo-hiss, and on a DA board to boot!) but I contend it's apples-to-oranges as ELO and DA occupy different spots in my mind.

09-07-2013 08:55 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Gina Pita Anderson Gina Pita Anderson is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 08-30-2013

Weird, always liked ELO too, although love DA waay better. Kinda fun with that rockopera whatever thing going... especially in (hiding head) Xanadu. Yeah, maybe kind of cheesy movie, but the rollar skating coreography (oh dear spelling Shocked ) was out of this world! Tongue
09-07-2013 19:11 Gina Pita Anderson is offline Search for Posts by Gina Pita Anderson Add Gina Pita Anderson to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!
but I contend it's apples-to-oranges as ELO and DA occupy different spots in my mind.

exactly!! , DA is my favorite Christian band... but I would never compare non-Christian music with Christian music. Though I see this picture as some sort of joke. Music has many genres: classical, rock, pop, etc..........
To put Beethoven as a monkey is a joke, can we say a genius was a monkey; NO. classical music is just another genre totally different from pop, rock, etc.
To say ELO is a better and a more refine "beatles", that is plain absurd as the Beatles will be the greatest band in history and eventhough ELO is pretty good, ELO will never be better than the Beatles. ELO is a band similar but has its difference (opera, etc). DA on the other hand is a more alternative band, but in horrendous D. you can really see the ELO Beatlesque influences. Even on DHSTA you can see beatles and beach boys influence. Why would bands go back to pre-historic bands if they are already more evolved and better? I think they would create instead of copying.
As WoaaahJelly says for me DA is apples(Christian music) and the others are oranges(non-Christian). I would not like to compare them. It is very difficult to say that the beatles was a pre-historic band and that ELO and DA are much better and refine!! cause it isn't true. Just my 2 cents.

09-11-2013 12:00 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
My two favorite musicians have always been Terry and Jeff. Since I've met Terry many times, I am looking into running into Jeff at some point. He's getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year, and I am thinking about going to see this. Maybe I'll get my chance!

So did you get to meet him finally?
06-06-2017 07:46 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

No, didn't go to the Walk of Fame ceremony. Almost spent the money to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction, but I decided against that, too. Either i'm too indecisive or too cheap. Don't know which.
06-21-2017 17:00 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

You could be both! I know I am.
06-22-2017 09:15 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » pretty much

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH