Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA - ¡Alarma! (Deluxe Edition) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - ¡Alarma! (Deluxe Edition)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thirty years later and its the same story! Smile It is only right that it worked out this way, its part of the legend of HD/Alarma.

08-05-2013 07:52 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
gowensby gowensby is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-25-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had the Alarma radio show on vinyl years ago and saw the photo in the new CD collage. Any chance of the radio show being released perhaps as a digital download?

Also had a 44 of two songs from Doppelganger with intros by Terry. I would love to hear the intros again. I think the songs were Distance and Direction and New Car.
08-08-2013 17:29 gowensby is offline Homepage of gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

There *is* a chance of some additional bonus material being available as a download. I know the radio show is in the running. Everyone has been searching for masters for it, but to my knowledge they have not yet been found.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-08-2013 18:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Oooh. I would love to have the radio shows. I think a good download could be made from the vinyl.
08-08-2013 21:16 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
Administrator

We do have an ok copy from vinyl, but would much rather have the master. We can actually trace its location up to a certain point.. but it's a bit of a mystery where it ended up.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-08-2013 22:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Some more fun from the ¡Alarma! sessions..... brand new, never before heard mixes and outtakes!

Buy the remastered 2 disc set, then pick this baby up!

http://danielamosboots.bandcamp.com/albu...onus-bonus-disc

08-10-2013 14:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

¡Wow! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The new ¡Alarma! deluxe release is the most remarkable improvement of a classic album. This is a much better listen than ever before. The production has never sounded so clean, clear and with so much depth. The second disk is like getting a whole new "lost" album. The songs on the second CD are Daniel Amos at their most commercial/pop sounding.

The reading by Malcom Wild is really well done with great background sounds enhancing the audio.

The packaging is really well done with the CD being held in by old school plastic instead of the digipack that I just don't trust to protect the CD from scratches.

Thank you to all of those involved. It is funny, with the release of Dig Here, I was inspired to load up the iPod with DA and was going through the Chronicles on a road trip. The Alarma cd was the one that I thought could use some revision and low and behold, when I got home, that revision was available. Crazy awesome.
08-13-2013 19:13 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Cool Cool
08-13-2013 22:21 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
gowensby gowensby is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-25-2006

RE: ¡Wow! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Agreed! The second CD was like getting a whole new album. Very good.
And thanks to the Audioris for getting the radio show out so quickly! I love that Bandcamp is allowing past hurdles to disappear.
Also, if you haven't downloaded the 1983 concert do it! It's great hearing early versions of a couple of Vox Humana songs.
08-14-2013 10:31 gowensby is offline Homepage of gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

RE: ¡Wow! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
The new ¡Alarma! deluxe release is the most remarkable improvement of a classic album. This is a much better listen than ever before. The production has never sounded so clean, clear and with so much depth.... Thank you to all of those involved. It is funny, with the release of Dig Here, I was inspired to load up the iPod with DA and was going through the Chronicles on a road trip. The Alarma cd was the one that I thought could use some revision and low and behold, when I got home, that revision was available. Crazy awesome.

Thanks for answering a big concern I had. I'm always leery of remasters since they can fall prey to overcompression or other contemporary sins of audio. Now I have to find the right time to mention to my wife that I'd like to order another album after just getting Dig Here, Said the Angel.
08-23-2013 14:11 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Has anyone else had a problem with the Sanctuary file on the 1983 concert?
09-03-2013 14:49 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
scasr
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-649.jpg

Registration Date: 08-12-2013

YES! The song completely cuts out at 3:07 with almost a minute and half to go.
09-12-2013 15:27 scasr is offline Search for Posts by scasr Add scasr to your Buddy List
PassingInterest PassingInterest is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-15-2014

Daniel Amos is playing live in my livingroom! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, not really. But, it sure sounds like they are.

The new digitally remastered ¡Alarma! is amazing!

It sounds so real, I swear I can almost smell the guys sweating on stage.
Oh wait, that's me I smell. I guess I'd better turn on the air conditioner.

Even if you already have a previous version, this one is totally worth it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PassingInterest: 05-02-2014 13:03.

05-02-2014 13:02 PassingInterest is offline Search for Posts by PassingInterest Add PassingInterest to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I have the first two....now it's time for the new remaster!
It would be cool to see some photos of people's DA collections like this. Anyone want to volunteer theirs?
Vinyl, CD......cassette? 8 - track?

www.smashthatcomputer.com
05-17-2014 00:09 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

On a recent road trip, I was driving and my daughter was in the back seat of the car. I said, "Look, a llama."

She answered, "What?"

I said, "A llama."

"What did you say?" She asked.

"A LLAMA!" I replied.

My wife starts laughing. Then she starts singing.

A llama
Somebody's crying
A llama
Somebody's yelling
A llama
Somebody's askin' what'cha'say?

05-18-2014 12:39 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
fidough
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 02-06-2014

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
05-18-2014 15:16 fidough is offline Search for Posts by fidough Add fidough to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

That is a good wife.

05-18-2014 16:51 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA - ¡Alarma! (Deluxe Edition)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH