Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Stunt Bootlegs Store » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stunt Bootlegs Store
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 10-21-2012 17:52
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store voxrob 12-21-2012 19:42
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store DrDanAmos 12-23-2012 20:23
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store Eis 10-22-2012 05:13
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 10-22-2012 16:25
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store ahanson 11-30-2012 11:18
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store Eis 10-22-2012 17:49
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store brother joel 10-23-2012 09:22
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 10-23-2012 10:00
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 11-05-2012 10:41
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store ahanson 11-05-2012 11:02
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store brother joel 11-05-2012 11:14
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 11-05-2012 11:18
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store Ritchie_az 11-05-2012 12:07
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store brother joel 11-05-2012 14:11
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store DwDunphy 11-05-2012 18:18
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store pegotico 11-06-2012 22:46
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store gowensby 11-09-2012 10:13
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store audiori 11-30-2012 17:53
 RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store ahanson 11-30-2012 18:24
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Stunt Bootlegs Store Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>> OFFICIAL DA BOOTLEGS!

Yes, thats right. This is something that we've wanted to do for a long time and we're excited to say that it is finally here! Can't get enough DA/Eddies/Terry Taylor music to listen to? Well, we've been digging through decades of live recordings to bring you some of the best. You can find them all for download here --

http://danielamosboots.bandcamp.com

Watch for more to be added in the future!

Do you have a high quality bootleg that you think other fans might enjoy? Send us a note and make sure we know about it! (Email eric@danielamos.com with your bootleg info)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-21-2012 17:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't truly hung out here lately and just saw this today — I've wondered if there may not be some high quality tapes out there. Now I have to examine what's there.

Thank you

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by voxrob: 12-22-2012 18:12.

12-21-2012 19:42 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

RE: Stunt Bootlegs Store Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Years ago there was a guy who sold (well, traded...) good quality boots online of various artists. I managed to get some of the CDs by him, and he had several Daniel Amos boots on there that I never got around to getting.

Now he's no longer online.

His site was called Disc & Dat. (http://members.fortunecity.com/discndat/) Again, no longer online, link no longer works.

I just wondered a couple things... are the boots he offered on the band camp page? And are there any boots he offered that we can look forward to seeing? He had some called "Loose Ends" by Terry Taylor that collected a lot of the stray Terry Taylor songs that ended up on other albums that were never on any DA/Eddies/Dogs albums. What are the chances we could see those resurface on Bandcamp?

upload photos to paste code
12-23-2012 20:23 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds cool. Any more details that can be shared at the moment? Will this be downloads only? What level of mixing and mastering? Will Bootleg '82 be available from this store?
10-22-2012 05:13 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To start with it'll be downloads only. mixing and mastering varies... we're including credits when we know them. many are being cleaned up by bruce neher. Some of them are straight board mixes.... some are from radio... there will also be some fun rarities in there as well. bootleg 82 will definitely be a part of it - both the stunt release and the original unedited bruce brown mic

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-22-2012 16:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
To start with it'll be downloads only. mixing and mastering varies... we're including credits when we know them. many are being cleaned up by bruce neher. Some of them are straight board mixes.... some are from radio... there will also be some fun rarities in there as well. bootleg 82 will definitely be a part of it - both the stunt release and the original unedited bruce brown mic

So my question based on this comment is, should we be worried that if we take the plunge and buy a $10 download, that down the road these will see cd release, and then those of us who are anal-retentive completists (probably most of us) would be left deciding whether to pay again for a cd of the same album we already bought on download?

I think this is a great idea and really glad it's being done, just thought I'd ask for some clarification/guidance.

Thanks.
11-30-2012 11:18 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Very cool. Cool
10-22-2012 17:49 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

This will be an awesome addition to my DA catalog and to compiling the history of the band that won't go away. . . is this limited to DA or will their be Eddies stuff and Terry's solo stuff included? I am looking forward to the first samples that will be shared!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
10-23-2012 09:22 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Definitely some solo Terry... Eddies would be great but most of the bootlegs are awful. We're trying to limit it to some of the better sounding recordings. If we do any that are lower quality, we'll probably make them really inexpensive. One possibility for the Eddies would be some version of the Lifefest mutant show.

10-23-2012 10:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

>> OFFICIAL DA BOOTLEGS!

Yes, thats right. This is something that we've wanted to do for a long time and we're excited to say that it is finally here! Can't get enough DA/Eddies/Terry Taylor music to listen to? Well, we've been digging through decades of live recordings to bring you some of the best. You can find them all for download here --

Watch for more to be added in the future!

Do you have a high quality bootleg that you think other fans might enjoy? Send us a note and make sure we know about it! (Email eric@danielamos.com with your bootleg info)

11-05-2012 10:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

The link doesn't seem to be working.
11-05-2012 11:02 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

My link from facebook worked! So far a really good collection of DA history. I listened through the C-Stone 98 show and rather enjoyed it. I already have C-Stone 97, C2K, Bootleg 82, and Preachers from Outerspace, but the others will make it into my collection eventually. Good stuff!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
11-05-2012 11:14 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oops... got an extra slash in there...

11-05-2012 11:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Is the Live From Cornerstone 2000 the same one that was out 10 years or so go?

I'm really excited about these "bootlegs", but will have to wait until payday.

11-05-2012 12:07 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Yeah, it is the same concert. I don't know if it is a different mix of the concert or not though. I suppose it could be, but the version that M8 put out was right from the sound board so I would hope this is the same one with the same quality or maybe even better quality.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
11-05-2012 14:11 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Very nice. If I download the full albums, are the artworks included in the zipfiles, or do I just grab them with the "right click" over the images?
11-05-2012 18:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

wow this is great news Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-06-2012 22:46 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
gowensby gowensby is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-25-2006

The Sons of the Pioneer's concert is phenomenal. It's such a glimpse into the early days of CCM. Worship songs led by the church. The mc is advertising that BJ Thomas has a new Christian album available in the church's bookstore. Wow! This is a beautiful time capsule.
11-09-2012 10:13 gowensby is offline Homepage of gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
Administrator

At this time - there are no plans to make CDs of any of them. The main reason I said it that way was that in some cases like the Bootleg 82 release, we had considered releasing the expanded version on CD or even possibly remixing it or other ideas like that. None of that is currently "in the works" and if it happens it may be some time before it does... it all would depend on Terry or someone pushing forward with the idea and saying "lets do it."

The bottom line is there are no current plans to do anything with them on CD. But I also couldn't feel right saying that none of them will ever see the light of day that way.

11-30-2012 17:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
At this time - there are no plans to make CDs of any of them. The main reason I said it that way was that in some cases like the Bootleg 82 release, we had considered releasing the expanded version on CD or even possibly remixing it or other ideas like that. None of that is currently "in the works" and if it happens it may be some time before it does... it all would depend on Terry or someone pushing forward with the idea and saying "lets do it."

The bottom line is there are no current plans to do anything with them on CD. But I also couldn't feel right saying that none of them will ever see the light of day that way.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation....and let the downloading begin!
11-30-2012 18:24 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Stunt Bootlegs Store

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH