Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 17 18 [19] 20 21 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Definitely Jerry.

Jerry contributed vocals to nearly every track on the album - if not all of them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-26-2013 21:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Just a note: If you're waiting on an autographed Kickstarter copy, those should be shipping soon. The CDs arrived from the manufacturer while Terry was on tour and he couldn't get started until he returned home. He is working on those now and they should begin shipping very soon.

Got it. I knew the autograph CDs were coming a little later, but I did not think I had pledged for an autographed copy. Indeed, I had. Hooray!
08-27-2013 06:58 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:
Just a note: If you're waiting on an autographed Kickstarter copy, those should be shipping soon. The CDs arrived from the manufacturer while Terry was on tour and he couldn't get started until he returned home. He is working on those now and they should begin shipping very soon.

Got it. I knew the autograph CDs were coming a little later, but I did not think I had pledged for an autographed copy. Indeed, I had. Hooray!

i did not.. Frown
guess that means i will need to see them live again and have them sign it! Big Grin Cool

Cool
08-27-2013 11:53 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
[quote]Originally posted by audiori

i did not.. Frown
guess that means i will need to see them live again and have them sign it! Big Grin Cool

Yes, indeed! Pleased
08-27-2013 13:07 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

No chance of that for me! I hope mine gets here soon...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
08-27-2013 18:03 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

RE: Waking up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Is Jerry really the lead vocal on 'Waking Up...'? No offense meant, it sounds like Terry...

I've always thought Man in the Moon was the best song on HD, and I think Waking Up might be the best song on DH!

Do this: listen to them one after the other and tell yourself Jerry isn't badass! Cool
08-27-2013 21:15 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Can't do that. Jerry is altogether badass. I knew he did lead on Waking Up, but I had to listen to it 4 or 5 times, because I couldn't believe that wasn't Terry. It still sounds like Terry to me. It was great that the band highlighted Man in the Moon on the last tour with Jerry doing a solo version. Stupid me, I never realized the song was about the Reverend SY Moon.
08-28-2013 10:54 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

that vocal fooled me as well. would like to hear Jerry and Terry talk about that similarity, and the vocal recording in general. seems like something is different this time. i hope we can get some stories about the recording some day.

did you notice that on "we'll all know soon enough" the first time Terry sings, "there may be no heaven, no,no,no; there may be no hell no,no,no" the hell nos are echos but the next time they are sung like the heaven nos?" huh, did you notice that? so did he forget to sing them first time, huh, did he? cmon, people, i want to know already.

Psalm 119:83
08-28-2013 15:08 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

On the early takes, I think he actually just held out the "noooooooooooooo." Personally, I prefer that to the echo - but that may just be because that's how I originally heard it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-28-2013 15:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I used a couple of quotes from Dig Here this morning when I had to preach at my local church. I was talking about the inevitability of suffering and the hope still available. I literally cried while reading the lyrics to Jesus Wept today...awkward, but fitting I'm not ashamed to say.

09-01-2013 16:00 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
On the early takes, I think he actually just held out the "noooooooooooooo." Personally, I prefer that to the echo - but that may just be because that's how I originally heard it.

thanks, however it all came together i just love it.

09-01-2013 22:32 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
I used a couple of quotes from Dig Here this morning when I had to preach at my local church. I was talking about the inevitability of suffering and the hope still available. I literally cried while reading the lyrics to Jesus Wept today...awkward, but fitting I'm not ashamed to say.

youdaman Ron, there are some potential classics imho on this album, just hope to live long enough to see that become true... "I sell records world wide now that I've died".
Glad you shared some.

09-01-2013 22:55 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I have used quotes from the various bands in which Terry is involved in my sermons in the past. I have not actually preached since I received my download back in May. I find that Terry's lyrics provide great addendums to the thoughts that God's Spirit grants me during sermon preperation and delivery. May God bless your ministry Ron!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-02-2013 08:41 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

What I've appreciated throughout this entire process was the desire on the part of the band to bring back as many people as possible. That in itself is pretty rare when you find bands now only consisting of one original member, or more sketchy, four bands sharing the same band name with each anchored by a disgruntled member. I am very happy about the inclusive efforts that were taken.
09-02-2013 09:43 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

RE: Waking up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's what I thought on first listen as well. Never crossed my mind that it was Jerry. But after someone pointed it out, it was pretty obvioius.
09-03-2013 20:37 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Will the interview discs be shipping along with the autographed cd's?
09-03-2013 20:41 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Administrator

That is my hope.. would save some cash on shipping. Just depends on if it'll be done that fast or not. Hopefully!

09-03-2013 21:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
I have used quotes from the various bands in which Terry is involved in my sermons in the past. I have not actually preached since I received my download back in May. I find that Terry's lyrics provide great addendums to the thoughts that God's Spirit grants me during sermon preperation and delivery. May God bless your ministry Ron!

Thanks, Joel! Much appreciated. I was personally blessed this past Sunday, people were so receptive, so needy, so...I'm not sure, but I got two hugs and I've never had one before after preaching! I'm preaching somewhere else this weekend too, but not sure if Terry's gonna make it in or not yet...not exactly prepared yet!

09-05-2013 22:41 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I will definitely hug you after I hear you sermonize, Ron. When are you coming to the west coast?
09-06-2013 08:58 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Don't tempt me...I'm heading to Florida in December...is that on the west coast?

09-06-2013 10:46 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 17 18 [19] 20 21 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH