Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 19 20 [21] 22 23 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.j...+here+the+angel

09-20-2013 10:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We are sending CDs to media outlets and radio right now. You can always suggest radio stations and/or contact them and request a song from Dig Here.

We're going to be pushing it as hard as we can. So far, the media reviews have been great.

Is there a particular song we should push? I assume one song should create buzz over and above, the album as a whole? Is there a strategy? I know nothing about marketing a cd. Did you ever hear back from the radio station I sent info on? Is it available to listen to online besides at Spotify? Even a preview?

Didn't want this post to get lost due to my other reply. I am not sure, but I bet "Jesus Wept" might be the one they push.

09-20-2013 10:53 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

who is/are "they"?

noticed the best buy listing shows "Backordered"... ?

Psalm 119:83
09-20-2013 14:25 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

The distributor was having trouble meeting demand. I had to rush them some more cds last week.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-20-2013 15:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Distributer having trouble meeting demand. . . well that is great news!

I will call the local station tomorrow to request "Jesus Wept." I do believe this might be the most immediately accessible and radio friendly song on the album. I also believe the Christian radio stations might be partial to it as they like to have their quota of JPMs.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-20-2013 21:07 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

what is the format on a CD?
i'm guessing downloads use MP3 and CDs use something better.
is that correct?

09-22-2013 16:34 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

Audio CDs don't use a file format I don't believe. The laser shines up towards the bottom of the CD, and either reflects back or doesn't depending upon if there is a hole/bump in the aluminum metallic layer or not.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/cd.htm

09-22-2013 18:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
what is the format on a CD?
i'm guessing downloads use MP3 and CDs use something better.
is that correct?

yep, iTunes store uses aac (mp4) at 256 kbps and amazon
uses MP3 variable rate of V0 and both are lossy formats. The reason
I prefer cds Big Grin .

On the other hand a cd contains WAV files which are lossless files.
This WAV files contain the uncompressed audio in the linear pulse code modulation (LPCM) format which is the standard for cds.

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-22-2013 19:55 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

Wav files are uncompressed lossless (CD quality) audio files that are used by PCs and often the source file used to burn a CD master. But, the format of a CD's audio in a CD player is not a wav file. Technically it would be considered a CDA file, but really there is no such thing as a CDA file they are really just created by the operating system to show representations of the audio tracks on a CD. There really is no 'file' format to an actual audio CD. It is more of a continuous stream of raw digital data in a continuous spiral starting from the inside of the CD and ending at the outer edge of the CD.

It's basically like a digital record, the laser being the needle follows the tracks and shines upward onto the track and reflects back a binary signal based on those bumps/holes.

09-22-2013 22:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Wav files are uncompressed lossless (CD quality) audio files that are used by PCs and often the source file used to burn a CD master. But, the format of a CD's audio in a CD player is not a wav file. Technically it would be considered a CDA file, but really there is no such thing as a CDA file they are really just created by the operating system to show representations of the audio tracks on a CD. There really is no 'file' format to an actual audio CD. It is more of a continuous stream of raw digital data in a continuous spiral starting from the inside of the CD and ending at the outer edge of the CD.

It's basically like a digital record, the laser being the needle follows the tracks and shines upward onto the track and reflects back a binary signal based on those bumps/holes.

I have always thought that wav and CDA (CD-DA)files were the same thing. But then it is just the way the computer interprets the music in the cd. I always thought of the wav as a container for the PCM data. So the computer sees the container as a format??? Is this right?? I found this article

The audio is stored digitally on a CD via a technique known as PCM, or Pulse Code Modulation. PCM data consists of snapshots of an audio waveform’s amplitude measured at specific and regular intervals of time. The CD format consists of 44,100 measurements of the waveform’s amplitude per second, so is said to have a sample rate or sampling frequency (fs) of 44.1kHz. This is important, because the Nyquist Theorem states that the high-frequency limit of a PCM digital audio system is dictated by the sample rate, and that the sample rate must be at least double the highest frequency that will be recorded. So a 44.1kHz sample rate can theoretically store frequencies up to just above 20kHz, approximating the theoretical upper limit of the best human hearing.

PCM is a ‘raw’ or uncompressed format, meaning that all of the data that is captured is stored and all of it is used to recreate the waveform on playback. In other words, the bit-stream entering the system when recording is, theoretically, identical to the bit-stream reproduced by the system on playback. To put CD quality in context, most professional PCM audio recording systems currently use 24-bit word lengths — resulting in a theoretical 141dB (144 minus 3dB for dither) signal-to-noise ratio — and sample rates of up to 192kHz, for increased high-frequency response.

PCM data is commonly stored as WAV or AIFF files, which are relatively large files when compared with compressed formats. That’s no surprise, of course, because the whole point of audio data compression is to reduce file sizes, so that content can be more quickly downloaded over the Internet, and so that more songs can be stored on your iPod.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr12/ar...translation.htm

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-23-2013 07:25 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

A wave file is a PC format file. There really is no CD player file format in that same sense. Windows assigns CDA file format to the directory of an audio CD. I think what can be confusing is that the data in a wav file and the data on a CD are both in the Linear pulse-code modulation method of encoding audio.

I don't like to quote from wikipedia, but it does talk about this in several articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cda_file

"The .cda files do not contain the actual PCM sound wave data, but instead tell where on the disc each track starts and stops."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-DA

"Unlike on a DVD or CD-ROM, there are no "files" on a Red Book audio CD; there are only the physical pits and lands, which in turn represent a single encoded data stream, which ultimately represents one continuous stream of LPCM audio data, and a parallel, smaller set of 8 subcode data streams. Computer operating systems, however, may provide access to an audio CD as if it contains files. For example, Windows represents the CD's Table of Contents as a set of Compact Disc Audio track (CDA) files, each file containing indexing information, not audio data."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LPCM

"LPCM is used for the lossless encoding of audio data in the Compact disc Red Book standard (informally also known as Audio CD), introduced in 1982."

"On PCs, the term PCM and LPCM often refer to the format used in WAV (defined in 1991) and AIFF audio container formats (defined in 198Cool . LPCM data may also be stored in other formats such as AU, raw audio format (header-less file) and various multimedia container formats."

This is pretty good too;

http://www.fileinfo.com/help/cd_audio

09-23-2013 13:49 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Can you see my eyes glazing over from where you are?
09-23-2013 14:04 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

SMACK! that should unstick them

thanks for the notes guys - got the basics i think:
a CD is like a record in that the information is continuous (not sampled, right?), but differs because it uses optical technology to record and readback, and digital formatting because optical can't record an analog signal...?

09-23-2013 14:31 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Isn't the new album/cd/download awesome?

09-23-2013 16:47 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Isn't the new album/cd/download awesome?

could not have been said better!! let's get the word out folks

09-23-2013 21:39 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-28-2013 19:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

WOW!

and I'm not even a vinyl guy...

09-28-2013 20:50 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

From Bob Bennett

DA ALERT: Oh my. I honestly can't tell you how I got to it. When I'm sick at home, I'm all over the map. Books, magazines, TV, busy work, music. Somehow I found my way to a MAGNIFICENT new song from Terry Scott Taylor and DA (a new album titled "Dig Here Said the Angel"). Find a way to hear/buy the tune "Jesus Wept". The lyrics are SO great. And Terry, you know how it is ... I can't subsist on my own "cooking", so THANK YOU SO MUCH for this song and all the stuff you've outlasted to still be doing this kind of incredible music. I've never been everyday-close to you, but we are Brothers in Song and in Grace. (Also not surprised to see Alex MacDougall and Derri Daugherty in the credits!) FB Friends ... find, listen/buy, you can thank me later!

09-28-2013 23:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I have all the DA stuff up to "Vox Humana" on vinyl....now I really WANT this even though I sold my turntable when I got married 15 years ago....Frown

It looks amazing!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
09-29-2013 18:34 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Holy mother of all vinyl! I am totally Smeagleing out on that.
How many are left?
10-02-2013 11:08 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 19 20 [21] 22 23 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH