Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this is much larger. I know typically Terry usually gives us an estimate around the $12,000 - $15,000 he asked for on this. But that is a very trim budget, thats a situation where people sacrifice to get the album made and they rely very heavily on friends.

I would estimate this is the largest amount they have had to work with all at once in many many years. I would guess since they were on one of the larger labels. That would be my guess. I don't know the budgets they had on Maranatha, but I doubt the Newpax, Refuge, Frontline, etc budgets were very big.

09-06-2012 19:59 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sending you a PM Audiori J. Actually I will send one to audiori (e) too... likely (e) is the one to answer me...???

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 09-06-2012 20:25.

09-06-2012 20:25 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Kickstarter is also a good thing because it gives a definite end time. I've missed out on specials from pre-orders in the past because I never knew when the end date was, thought I had time to get the money for it, and then when I'd go and buy it I was too late. At least with Kickstarter the goal is right out there for all to see.

upload photos to paste code
09-06-2012 22:18 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Ladies and germs, the anus has dangled.

is that anything like the buick is out of the garage?

ok here is my christmas wish list to add some zest to this much anticipated new creation:
> an instrumental piece
> more punch from the drums: a combination of nobodylikeshimEd smacking them with a renewed fervor, cool mics, some production enhancements and perhaps some help from that Tongan drum lord HaHeyEddyBeatEmGood
> a horn section
> Mormon Tabernacle Choir or at least three cool chicks singing background vocals
> a song about the Mars rover Opportunity
> a gong, a glockenspiel and a swiss alphorn
> at least one latin number featuring a golden-mantled howler

what's yours?

Psalm 119:83
09-06-2012 22:34 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Me? I want at least five songs I love instantly and five songs that grow on me over time...nothing more than that. I know the band will bring the goods, but it has been a long time since Buechner's. I guess I'm just looking for an album that helps collapse that span of time down a little bit.
09-07-2012 04:18 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

Regarding events of this day -- thanks, I needed that.
09-11-2012 17:58 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

The first set of rewards will be shipping tomorrow morning (Monday October 8, 2012)!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-07-2012 23:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Woohoo! I'll be looking forward to something in the mail.
10-10-2012 17:11 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

rewards Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Refresh my memory:do all the Kickstarter donors receive these or only certain levels? I haven't received anything yet ($30 donor).
Thanks.
10-16-2012 18:05 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Each tier receives all the rewards of the lower tiers I believe.

You can look back at the various levels here;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9461...rom-daniel-amos

10-16-2012 18:37 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

rewards Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've yet to receive anything,so I guess I wasn't part of the first round of rewards.
10-19-2012 14:33 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Anyone here receive a package? Wanna give us a review?
10-22-2012 05:13 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Just a FYI for everyone..... the first batch of rewards were the handwritten lyric sheets for the upper half of the tiers. The next batch - which is being worked on right now - will be for almost everyone. The lyric sheets were just easier to send out really fast.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-23-2012 10:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I 'd be curious to know what the most-requested songs or songs were among the 18 that Terry ended up doing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ahanson: 10-24-2012 11:21.

10-24-2012 11:19 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'd say The Twist and Papa Danced on Olvera street.The rest were really all over the map.

10-24-2012 15:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

New Testament Best Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can I just say holy mama this song is awesome!?! Reeeeally looking forward to the new DA.
11-16-2012 20:56 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! RE: New Testament Best Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
Can I just say holy mama this song is awesome!?! Reeeeally looking forward to the new DA.

Cool

11-17-2012 18:57 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It does sound like a solid start. I'm hoping Terry and the band really take advantage of this opportunity to make a big sounding production though. I'd love to hear some of these songs take on the added dimension of a Motor Cycle. Hearing Terry do them solo acoustically is a treat, though.
11-17-2012 20:40 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

How do I get the pleasure of listening to the early demos? I thought maybe I needed to pledge at a higher rate, but I can't discern that to be the case. Please advise.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
11-17-2012 21:31 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

You might check your spam folder.

Or you can log into the kickstarter Daniel Amos campaign page and click on the updates link. The links to the demos are there if you pledged.

11-17-2012 21:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH