Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 20 21 [22] 23 24 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's only one, Precioussssss, that's why you wants it, yes you do.

Actually, I don't know.

10-03-2013 12:34 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've got at least a couple hundred left at this point... orders are flooding in though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-03-2013 19:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Has the vinyl started shipping to backers yet?
10-07-2013 23:07 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
Administrator

At this moment, we're expecting November for the vinyl... the printer hasn't given us a definite date yet (we'll let everyone know when they do), but the last estimate we heard would put it in Nov.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-07-2013 23:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

anybody know how Mr. Chandler got the growly bass effect?
it is quite impressive.

don't know why but when i listen to Now That I've Died i see Mr. Taylor chuckling every time he zinged another line into the lyric... to me i guess it's the irony that now that something horribly catastrophic has happened to me things are great!

Psalm 119:83
10-08-2013 21:02 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
Originally posted by sondance

don't know why but when i listen to Now That I've Died i see Mr. Taylor chuckling every time he zinged another line into the lyric... to me i guess it's the irony that now that something horribly catastrophic has happened to me things are great!

I was wondering if Now That I've Died is actually about Bud Akendorf, and is the song that would follow My Hand To God. Terry said somewhere that the song isn't necessarily about himself....

10-09-2013 11:01 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Any update on the interview cd's? Thanks!
10-14-2013 10:31 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

More reviews Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope these are new...didn't really go back and check though!

Fred Sanders
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/scriptorium...said-the-angel/

John Thompson
http://www.33andathird.net/dig-here-said...ing-new-record/

CrossRhythms from UK
http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/products/D...e_Angel/143588/

10-19-2013 16:12 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

have you listen to the vinyl album yet audiori ?. any thoughts of doing other Limited Edition vinyl albums like Shotgun Angel.
11-05-2013 21:56 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Administrator

I've only heard the test pressing - which sounded great. Very clear and crisp!

Still waiting on the big shipment to arrive from the printers.... literally supposed to be here any day now. Terry will have to autograph the pre-order/Kickstarter copies, but that shouldn't take too long.

It would be neat to do more vinyl - but it is very, very expensive. We'd almost have to do a Kickstarter for each one... I don't know how else we could do it.

11-05-2013 22:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

a copule of questions:

- what kind of mailers are you planning to use for the vinyl ? hope you are going to use this one: http://www.bestrecordplayer.com/record-m...record-mailers/ .....if not the record jackets will probably end up with bent corners during shipping

- is shipping outside the US only $3.94 ?? I usually pay $15-20 when ordering vinyl from the US.....
11-06-2013 07:59 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I've only heard the test pressing - which sounded great. Very clear and crisp!

Still waiting on the big shipment to arrive from the printers.... literally supposed to be here any day now. Terry will have to autograph the pre-order/Kickstarter copies, but that shouldn't take too long.

It would be neat to do more vinyl - but it is very, very expensive. We'd almost have to do a Kickstarter for each one... I don't know how else we could do it.

well sounds good to me i hope i am not the only one that would like the all of DA albums on vinyl i know it would have to be Limited Editions

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by samson: 11-06-2013 14:05.

11-06-2013 14:00 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad
a copule of questions:

- what kind of mailers are you planning to use for the vinyl ? hope you are going to use this one: http://www.bestrecordplayer.com/record-m...record-mailers/ .....if not the record jackets will probably end up with bent corners during shipping

- is shipping outside the US only $3.94 ?? I usually pay $15-20 when ordering vinyl from the US.....

I've already purchased a bunch of cardboard LP mailers, along with some LP-sized cardboard inserts to add additional cushion. It's very similar to what is in your link - if not identical. Should be pretty safe.

I'm not exactly sure what the cost of shipping will be.. I don't know what the final product will weigh for one thing. We'll cover any extra costs for Kickstarter folks and any vinyl preorders. We'll probably adjust shipping a little for it once those are shipped and we set a normal price for the remaining vinyl copies.

11-07-2013 17:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
grandeped grandeped is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 05-01-2008

Everything from the first album through Darn Floor is already on vinyl at good prices, so if there was another vinyl release I would vote for something not currently on vinyl like Motorcycle. The best way to get that to happen is probably for fans to contact labels like Retroactive and Vinyl Remains and let them know you would be interested. And then buy their current releases so they stay in business Smile But the people involved in these labels are always on Facebook asking for fan feedback on vinyl re-issues, but the response is usually so small I don't blame them for not going through with it.
11-08-2013 20:51 grandeped is offline Homepage of grandeped Search for Posts by grandeped Add grandeped to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I personally have Horrendous Disc and Alarma on vinyl. If I had a record player I would listen to them in this manner. If I had a record player I would get Dig Here on vinyl as well. I don't know how easy it is to get the albums on vinyl, but they are available. Horrendous Disc was found by a friend at Salvation Army (He traded it to me for a copy of a Joy Electric Album-I think I got the better deal) and Alarma was found at a library sale in Radnor, PA. Good luck to anyone looking for the vinyl editions of the albums. Ebay is probably the easiest method these days.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
11-09-2013 10:50 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

If vinyl reissues were to be done, I'd second that it should be titles that were never originally on the medium.

But to add to this, I would say that it could not be a regular thing. It almost has to be in conjunction with an anniversary, and definitely needs to have a crowdfunding component (maybe Indiegogo.com, where there is no "losing" the campaign per se).

While I would love to see all those albums on the format, it is seriously a niche that costs a lot to satisfy. And if the tossup is between reissues on LP versus new music by either DA as a whole or Terry solo, I'll always defer to the latter.
11-09-2013 12:51 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I second DW's motion on the preference for new music. I have the whole of "DA" on so many formats as it is. There is also so much good music on Noisetrade and Itunes that I don't have time to listen to DA as much as I'd like. I have an old functional Dell Jukebox that is 100% full of all things Terry Taylor (even the producer stuff). And I have two old record players, a cassette deck, two IPod, three MP3 players and and turntable that converts the others to MP3 so there is always room for some new stuff.
11-11-2013 07:29 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I third DW's notion.
11-12-2013 00:14 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

quote:
Originally posted by memo
I can't speak for the band's decision on the cd wallet design used here, but having worked with other musicians / bands, I can tell you that digipaks are much more beloved for a few big reasons:

1) Aesthetically, they make the album much more of an art object (the way records were back in the day) compared to the "one size fits all" mentality of jewel cases, which are ugly, clunky, and brittle. You just can't compare the two from that point of view.

2) Environmentally, they a lot less wasteful. Just look at all that plastic you're not manufacturing and shipping all over the place.

3) Economically, they cost less to make. If you're an indie band paying for your manufacturing, you have to balance packaging with cost. Every time I've worked with a band on an album design, we always dream big at the start and then have to scale down when we do the math. The "cd wallet" design on Dig Here is a popular choice because it offers inside artwork and a booklet without any extra plastic and bulk. So you pay less per unit, get some nice real estate to design a nice package around, and can fit a ton of copies into a box, which cuts down on shipping charges.

It's true that the cd runs more of a risk of getting scratched, but if you're careful, you should be okay. It's a compromise, but unless you're a big time rock star, money is always a consideration!

When I first got "Dig Here..." a the lost Dogs event I popped it into my computer's CD rom drive and listened to it must have been twenty times straight. (There were a few songs I liked somewhat, but it took time to understand what a creation it was.) These days I take the long route with music I car about- I rip it to wav file, then encode it to FLAC and possibly MP3. I scan all the artwork. I carefully fill out all the metadata. When I'm done the CD goes into storage and I may not look at it again. I suppose this means the CD doesn't really stand to get scratched, and I do appreciate the extra artwork the digipack allows.

11-19-2013 17:13 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

True, but you have the original in case of a hard drive crash, and that is an aspect of CD culture I think digital file buyers don't get. A lot of early adopters didn't use their machines as regularly as they do now. Some people use their phones for everything. One day, it just stops working or the hard drive freezes, or you forget your password to access the cloud.

It's nice to know the complete package is still somewhere as a precaution.
11-21-2013 17:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 20 21 [22] 23 24 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH