Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Darn Floor is #77???!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Floor is #77???!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
big bite! big bite! big bite! Crying

right?

01-10-2012 04:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
The Island record from U2?

The Joshua Tree was #3.

01-10-2012 04:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Oh! I didn't go over there yesterday Smile I was there the day before and it wasn't up...Well, that's pretty awesome...So Self-titled 77s isn't in the "bottom" 498?

01-10-2012 08:04 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

actually the whole list is up now...just sayin'...

01-10-2012 08:06 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

it's pretty cool.
I can't believe D.A. didn't crack the top five.

01-10-2012 08:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
it's pretty cool.
I can't believe D.A. didn't crack the top five.

actually as I said it before the great achievement was making the 500 list, that definitely deserves a lot of credit, but the order Big Grin , a joke

you see DA fearful symmetry at 274 which is bad but when you see mchammer at 239 then the joke starts, I could start listing many others that dont deserve being over FS but its a matter of opinion. He should definitely name it "My favorite CCM 500 albums of all time" . Other lists have DA on their top 10, logical sense. Terry being one of the greatest songwriter, with so many achievements!!!

DA DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT ON THE TOP 25 as it should have been, one made it I dont know how

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by pegotico: 01-12-2012 12:23.

01-12-2012 11:39 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

I read somewhere (probably on this site) that Terry considered DF-BB the best DA album, but when he told people that they'd look at him strangely.

Well, I think it is the best. So there.

BTW, has anyone else ever noticed that for much of "Safety Net" the drums keep going in 4/4 while the other instruments play in 7/8? I know of nothing else like that in DA-dom, much less elsewhere in CCM.

01-16-2012 11:09 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4

BTW, has anyone else ever noticed that for much of "Safety Net" the drums keep going in 4/4 while the other instruments play in 7/8? I know of nothing else like that in DA-dom, much less elsewhere in CCM.

i like terry's account of the collaborative nature of the songwriting for DFBB.

don't know technically how to describe Ed's beat but you could think of the song as changing between 7/4 and 4/4, then Ed plays a 2/8 (snare in between beats rather than a true back beat) which fits both tempos without any hiccups... who cares, it's just cool that's what.

Psalm 119:83
01-16-2012 20:37 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Darn Floor is #77???!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH