Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Tour 2011 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have otherworldly patience!
06-13-2011 21:35 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wish...

ok, back to DA related post.

anyone going to the show in Phoenix?

06-13-2011 21:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Do you think it would be righteous to sell the few healthy teeth that remain?
06-13-2011 21:41 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Longstride Longstride is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-414.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Set list for Smyrna (Nashville) on June 13th:

Who's Who Here?
Mall (All Over the World)
Walls Of Doubt
Ghost Of The Heart
Hold Back The Wind, Donna
Endless Summer
Broken Ladders To Glory
The Author of the Story
Catch That Angel
If You Want To
Buffalo Hills
Hide The Beer, The Pastor's Here
New Car!
Ain't Gonna Fight It
Man In The Moon - Jerry Chamberlain on lead vocal
The Twist
Posse In The Sky
Sanctuary
I Love You #19 - Tim Chandler on bass

encore
Stone Away
Joel
And So It Goes

Awesome show, and the new guy on bass did a fine job filling Tim's role!

Host of Digital Pillage on the former WRVU, 91.1 FM, Nashville.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Longstride: 06-14-2011 14:59.

06-13-2011 22:59 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Beat me to it, Longstride. Great show, for sure, with a great set list. Cool venue (church with real sound system and lighting). If there are any tapers out there, or any way to get any recording (video or audio) of this show, I would greatly appreciate it!

06-13-2011 23:06 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

I got the guys to autograph my eight tracks of the first two albums!

Longstride has attached these images (downsized versions):
Schwag Resize.jpg Terry Taylor Autograph Resize.jpg Full Band Resize.jpg

06-13-2011 23:53 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Longstride
I got the guys to autograph my eight tracks of the first two albums!

Looks like Jerry had one of his guitars on a stand facing away from the audience. The fabled Doppel-Axe, I presume?
06-14-2011 04:03 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

great photo, we need a gear list
is Ed on a new kit?
what was the attendance?

Psalm 119:83
06-14-2011 09:23 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
I wish...

I am!

06-14-2011 11:41 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwakaLooks like Jerry had one of his guitars on a stand facing away from the audience. The fabled Doppel-Axe, I presume?

I don't remember if he ever actually played it, but he did spend an entire song wrestling with the strap and was only ready to play just as the song ended. Then he switched right back to his other guitar while Terry joked about it.

I estimated the attendance around 120. Disappointing turnout, but it was a Monday night in a suburb 30 minutes from town.

06-14-2011 14:07 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
I don't remember if he ever actually played it, but he did spend an entire song wrestling with the strap and was only ready to play just as the song ended. Then he switched right back to his other guitar while Terry joked about it.

Hmm... sounds suspiciously Spinal Tap-esque. A deliberate gag, or genuine snafu, you think?
06-14-2011 14:20 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
vapspwi
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
Hmm... sounds suspiciously Spinal Tap-esque. A deliberate gag, or genuine snafu, you think?

I wondered if it was a gag, but the set was otherwise devoid of slapstick and hijinx, so I think it was actually just a goof. Terry described it as a "Spinal Tap moment."

JRjr
06-14-2011 14:54 vapspwi is offline Search for Posts by vapspwi Add vapspwi to your Buddy List
vapspwi
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Set list for Smyrna (Nashville) on June 13th:

From memory, you've got one missing song - they also did "Sanctuary" toward the end of the set.

JRjr
06-14-2011 14:57 vapspwi is offline Search for Posts by vapspwi Add vapspwi to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by vapspwi
From memory, you've got one missing song - they also did "Sanctuary" toward the end of the set.

JRjr

Thanks. I had it on my list, but apparently didn't type it last night when I was transferring from my phone. I've edited my original post.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about the first song. I was so enthralled that I didn't think to take notes until about three songs in.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Longstride: 06-14-2011 15:04.

06-14-2011 15:01 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:

Paul Averitt was fantastic, and his input vocally really helped. This lineup has 3 strong vocalists now & 2 great guitarists. A very formidable roster.

06-14-2011 15:35 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
I wish...

I am!

that makes at least 2 for that show then Big Grin

06-14-2011 15:43 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We'll try and give a report on tonights Wentzville show, if we're not too busy during the whole thing.

06-14-2011 15:48 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
I wish...

I am!

that makes at least 2 for that show then Big Grin

A friend of mine is going. His brother is in Novalux (the band that is opening for DA at that show). I know three other people who might come. Add spouses and maybe kids and it adds up.

06-14-2011 16:31 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:

Paul Averitt was fantastic, and his input vocally really helped. This lineup has 3 strong vocalists now & 2 great guitarists. A very formidable roster.

Yeah, the vocals on "Man In The Moon," "Ain't Gonna Fight It," and "Posse In The Sky" were especially great.

I'm pretty sure Jerry's guitar snafu was genuine. Someone let us know if it gets repeated.
06-14-2011 17:10 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

any chance of a show being recorded, seems like it could pay for itself... maybe?

Psalm 119:83
06-14-2011 18:18 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH