Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Tour 2011 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you. I hope all the DA fans here appreciate it. It was a labor of love.

01-01-2014 11:59 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by WoaaahJelly!
Only took me 2.5 years to get these up. That's a new record. I had to wrestle with Flickr for awhile until I got the hang of it. The guys exited the stage at the end (I don't recall an encore) and proceeded to COMPLETELY DISAPPEAR, less Paul, who stayed around to talk. I couldn't find an RV, a plane, a train, a conveyance of any kind. They just vanished. I suspect maybe Terry was ill, or maybe they were afraid of the "Sprinkler Head" guys. They asked for SH during that performance. I talked to them afterwards, and as I recall they had just seen them at one of the other Ohio dates, and had requested SH there, too. I strongly suspect they followed DA to every Ohio date and asked for that song at every one. I am not at all certain, but they may be the ones talking to Paul in the last photos. I went across the state to see them again (after the Wilmington date) because I had to leave early for work and I missed the encore and meeting the guys and the merchandise table.

Daniel Amos at Harvest Christian Fellowship in Cambridge, Ohio 6-20-2011:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113079065@N...57639275664453/

I have a better set from the Wilmington date I am working on.

01-01-2014 17:17 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great pics Jelly!

Psalm 119:83
01-01-2014 18:12 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Daniel Amos at Joe's Java/Sugartree Ministries in Wilmington, Ohio 6-18-2011

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113079065@N...57642899851873/

This was the better of the two sets I saw but it was cut short because I had to go to work. I missed the encore and the merch table and everything. This venue is just the way it looks in these pics- gaudy lighting, fog, incense (well I suppose you can't see incense, but I imagined it settling on my camera lens), all that. There are a handful of shots where they just use a proper white light on the performers. It's not a bad place but it makes it harder to take good pics.

I...I still haven't ever seen Berger. He's like bigfoot in the Patterson film- seen only from afar, in jerky, grainy video and pics.

berger...bergerrrr beeergeeerrrrrr .......

EDIT- That's Ron Moore opening for them with his cute "Cooties" song.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 03-25-2014 08:24.

03-25-2014 08:23 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA tour 2014? including west coast? please? pretty please? with sugar on top? Big Grin

Cool
03-25-2014 10:59 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Baxturd the White
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-18-2003
Location: "The names Mustard Seed Faith, Love Song, and especially early Daniel Band kept comin up."

That is the first sensible thing that you have posted in months, Joey.
03-25-2014 11:04 Baxturd the White is offline Send an Email to Baxturd the White Search for Posts by Baxturd the White Add Baxturd the White to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

well, he forgot to say Ontario too, and I don't mean the little one on the west coast in your California. But, with joey, we can't be too picky Wink

03-25-2014 12:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Baxturd the White
That is the first sensible thing that you have posted in months, Joey.

thanks! Cool

i think? Confused

Cool
03-25-2014 13:28 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Baxturd the White
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-18-2003
Location: "The names Mustard Seed Faith, Love Song, and especially early Daniel Band kept comin up."

Wink
03-25-2014 14:11 Baxturd the White is offline Send an Email to Baxturd the White Search for Posts by Baxturd the White Add Baxturd the White to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:

nice pics Jelly-man

Psalm 119:83
03-25-2014 21:11 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thank you. Yes a 2014 tour would be nice.

03-26-2014 07:19 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
quote:

nice pics Jelly-man

Whoooa, Duuuuude.

03-26-2014 10:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Lets get a Kickstart going! new music. I've got 30 or 40 grand kicking around I don't know what to do with. The kids will be disappointed next time they play Monopoly, but still...

12-30-2015 17:06 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Woolly Eggwhisk

That awesome DA tour was FIVE YEARS AGO. Think about that. I'm still enjoying the afterglow, swear on a stack of Bibles. I remember being shaken out of my seat when they opened with "Who's Who Here" in Wilmington, Ohio. And actually SEEING the guys in the flesh for the first time (including Greg of course.)

Except for Berger- the Bassist who Broke my Heart. We love Paul though.

06-11-2016 14:40 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Didn't some of these shows get recorded for the purpose of putting together a DVD? Any news on that front?

06-20-2016 22:49 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Well, we have a bunch of scraps and fan-made video. The idea was to get a couple of full shows that were filmed and the band's tour video-diary thing and edit it all together.... It was going to be a fun idea I think. We wanted to include at least a little bit of every show from the tour if possible.

Unfortunately, something that tends to happen with some ideas like this - we never really got everything we were supposed to get in one place so it could be put together. Soooo... we still have the fragments of shows, but not the full thing that was supposed to be the foundation.

The "Dig Here" video has pretty much taken over our video-editing time right now anyway. It's a monster.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-20-2016 23:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Well, we have a bunch of scraps and fan-made video. The idea was to get a couple of full shows that were filmed and the band's tour video-diary thing and edit it all together.... It was going to be a fun idea I think. We wanted to include at least a little bit of every show from the tour if possible.

Unfortunately, something that tends to happen with some ideas like this - we never really got everything we were supposed to get in one place so it could be put together. Soooo... we still have the fragments of shows, but not the full thing that was supposed to be the foundation.

The "Dig Here" video has pretty much taken over our video-editing time right now anyway. It's a monster.

That's about what I figured.

Have you ever seen the concert video DVD put out about 10 years ago by The Violet Burning? I thought it was pretty creative. They had 2 (maybe 3) cameras film each concert, in different locations; sometimes closeup on the stage, sometimes further back. Then, for each song, they took one audio track and edited - complete video of that song from multiple concerts. So, for each song, they have many different camera angles. Although the backgrounds, staging, clothes, etc. change throughout the course of one song's video, it does give the experience of the concert(s).

I'm not sure if something like that would work with the footage you do have, but I thought it was a unique way to produce a concert video on a limited budget.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 06-21-2016 21:47.

06-21-2016 00:08 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

There are some of the videos on YouTube, and the audio is actually the studio track.

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IpVBfw4x9M

And another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-p9jBJLzg

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 06-21-2016 00:17.

06-21-2016 00:15 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Here is my recording of The Twist at the Camp Hill, PA: https://www.facebook.com/joel.m.jackson....?type=2&theater

I did record the whole concert and believe I sent it in. I made a DVD of it for myself. It is great to watch and relive.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
06-23-2016 15:24 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

That awesome tour was greater than SEVEN years ago now. Soon, it will have been ten years ago. Time glows with warmth. I hate it.

10-17-2018 18:57 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH