Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Tour 2011 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

DA Tour 2011 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Few bands with roots that stretch back to the 70s still create timely, relevant music. Most of them are nostalgia acts, recycling the faded glory days of yore when they were writing and performing important music. Not so with Daniel Amos. Fueled by the songwriting genius and inimitable voice of Terry Scott Taylor, the twin guitar attack of Jerry Chamberlain and Greg Flesch, the rock-solid drumming of Ed McTaggart and the low end and high harmonies of new bassist Paul Averitt, Daniel Amos is making music that is just as fresh and vital as the their glory years. Sure, on this new tour they will reach back into their storied past for the nuggets and the “shoulda been” hits, but rest assured they will be playing 21st century music right up there with the likes of Radiohead, Wilco and Flaming Lips.

Daniel Amos hasn’t toured in more than ten years, but the upcoming summer tour of 2011 is a rare chance to experience not only the great music but also the onstage spectacle of one of the truly great bands, still in their prime after 35 years.

Saturday, 06/4/11, 9pm EDT
Live interview with Terry Scott Taylor
Listen online
WJTL.com FM 90.3

Mon 06/13/11, 7:30pm
w/ Spy Machine
Springhouse Worship and Arts Center
14119 Old Nashville Hwy, Smyrna, TN (Nashville area)
VIP package available
Info: 615-969-9273
Tickets: www.TicketsNashville.com

Tues 06/14/11, 7pm
w/ Special Guest: Big Planet
River Oaks Church
1163 Wentzville Pkwy, Wentzville, MO 63385 (St Louis area)
Doors Open: 6:30pm
Order Tickets Here: http://bigfreakingplanet.com/da/dastlshow.htm

Wed 06/15/11, 7:30pm
District Drugs & Compounding Center
319 18th St, Rock Island, IL
www.districtdrugs.com
districtdrugs@gmail.com subject: DA
Info: 309-786-8431

Thurs 06/16/11, 7:30pm
Zeke’s
3329 Lincoln Way, Ames, IA
www.zekesames.com
scott@zekesames.com
info: 515-231-6924

Fri 06/17/11
Drive Day

Sat 06/18/11, 8pm
w/ Ron Moore
Joe’s Java
180 E Main St, Wilmington, OH
www.itickets.com/events/265868
www.joesjava.org
jeff@sugartreeaudio.com
info: 937-382-8359

Sun 06/19/11, 7pm
Musica
51 East Market St, Akron, OH
www.akronmusica.com

Mon 06/20/11, 7:30pm
Harvest Christian Fellowship
6060 Glenn Hwy
Cambridge OH 43725
Contact phone: 740 680-1028

Tues 06/21/11, 7:30pm
Calvary Chapel of Russell
8160 Market St, Russell, PA 16345 (Jamestown, PA area)
http://ccrussell.org/, http://www.genesisgym.org/
venue: 814-757-8744
info@genesisgym.org

Wed 06/22/11, 7:30pm
w/ Special Guest Jesse Sprinkle
Farmington United Methodist Church
5925 County Road 41, Farmington, New York (Rochester, NY area)
$12 at the door or $10 for groups of 6 or more

Thurs 06/23/11
Drive Day

Fri 06/24/11, 7pm
Christ Community Church
1201 Slate Hill Road, Camp Hill, PA (Harrisburg area)
damos2011@gmail.com
www.damos2011.blogspot.com
info: 717-761-2933

Sat 06/25/11, 8pm
Dean and Tami's Basement
East Brunswick, NJ
For info and directions: dwzimmer@rci.rutgers.edu
tickets:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeslyb9/danie...cert/index.html
www.itickets.com

Sun 06/26/11, 7pm
Jammin’ Java
227 Maple Avenue East (Route 123), Vienna, VA (Washington, DC area)
http://jamminjava.com/home/events/daniel-amos

Mon 06/27/11
Drive Day

Tues 06/28/11, 7:30pm
The Gear
41 W Monroe, Franklin, IN (Indianapolis area)
thegearmusicvenue@me.com
http://www.myspace.com/engagethegear

Wed 06/29/11
Drive Day

Thurs 06/30/11, 4:55pm
Cornerstone Festival
Jesus Rally on Mainstage
http://cornerstonefestival.com

Thurs 08/11/11, 7:30pm
Angelo's Bar and Grill
135 E. 2nd Street, Pomona, CA
Ticket info coming soon!
VIP tickets, too!
909-629-8100

Fri 08/12/11
(Open – San Diego, CA)

Sat 08/13/11, 7pm
w/ NovaLux
Foothills Baptist Church
15450 S 21st St, Phoenix, AZ 85048
http://www.facebook.com/event
http://www.itickets.com
www.foothillsbaptist.org
480-759-2118

Sun 08/14/11
(Open – Tucson)

If you are interested in booking any open dates, or if you're interested in booking Terry Taylor and Jerry Chamberlain as a duo in July, please contact us as soon as possible for details.

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS, LLC
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
---
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
http://lamconcerts.com
Follow on http://twitter.com/LAM77s

This post has been edited 27 time(s), it was last edited by lam77s: 06-16-2011 00:58.

04-18-2011 19:07 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yea! Phoenix is on the list! Possibly Tucson, too! Even L.A. and San Diego could be! Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy

04-18-2011 23:36 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
new bassist Paul Averitt

Confused

No Tim?

04-18-2011 23:37 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The word is that he *might* make Cornerstone.

He's always so busy keeping the country safe from Communist Cyber Terrorists.
04-19-2011 12:11 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I am so excited! I will be attending the show in Camp Hill on June 24 with my brother, one of my best buddies from college and a friend of my brother's. It will be a great night! I have not seen DA since C2K. Maybe they should record this concert as well. Can't wait! I am trying not to wish away the days, but sometimes life goes too slow. I am trying not to hold on to the days because sometimes I need to let go.

I am praying that all the traveling is safe and that God does wonderful things through the message that DA will bring.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
04-20-2011 16:51 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Just wondering... Does anyone know who the bass player is?

04-21-2011 11:18 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yes, he is in a band in California and for a while was associated with the company where the Dogs, DA and the 77s would print their albums.

04-21-2011 11:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yes, he is in a band in California and for a while was associated with the company where the Dogs, DA and the 77s would print their albums.

Actually, he's in a band in Texas (the Dallas area). He is an awesome addition.
04-21-2011 11:58 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I Googled his name, and (apparently) there are at least two musicians with his name. Is he "officially" a DA member, or just a fill-in for the tour? (Not that it matters, I guess). I suppose he must be a pretty good bass player....

04-21-2011 14:16 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's really all a moot point for me unless Da makes it the the pacific nw...

Cool
04-21-2011 14:23 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

Is Paul Averitt in this band:

http://www.hardnightsday.com/

???

04-21-2011 16:25 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Is Paul Averitt in this band:

http://www.hardnightsday.com/

???

Yes, indeed! Big Grin
04-21-2011 18:49 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Found this, too:

http://www.dallas.net/~paveritt/Press.html

http://www.wayintomusic.org/halloffame.php

04-21-2011 19:15 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

Actually, he's in a band in Texas (the Dallas area). He is an awesome addition.

Ahh thanks for the correction, I am sick and delirious.

04-21-2011 20:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Hoping to make the drive out Nashville...currently no one at the info number knows anything other more than that there will be a show. Big Grin

I'm super excited...can hardly focus to finish the semester.
04-22-2011 13:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Longstride Longstride is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-414.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

My wife called again about the Nashville (Smyrna) show this morning, and learned that the tickets will be sold through TicketsNashville.com, but that they aren't on sale yet.

The VIP tickets will include front row seats, schwag and a meet and greet afterwards.

I promoted it twice on my radio show this morning, and played Ordinary Extraordinary Day. I can't wait!

Host of Digital Pillage on the former WRVU, 91.1 FM, Nashville.
04-25-2011 12:03 Longstride is offline Homepage of Longstride Search for Posts by Longstride Add Longstride to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Longstride
My wife called again about the Nashville (Smyrna) show this morning, and learned that the tickets will be sold through TicketsNashville.com, but that they aren't on sale yet.

The VIP tickets will include front row seats, schwag and a meet and greet afterwards.

I promoted it twice on my radio show this morning, and played Ordinary Extraordinary Day. I can't wait!

04-25-2011 13:09 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Longstride

I got a call from them this morning with that info.

"Ordinary Extraordinary Day" is the song that convinced my to buy MBD and made me a fan! All I knew about Daniel Amos was that they had once been a country band. I didn't like country at the time, and when I saw the back cover of MBD with Terry in a cowboy hat with acoustic guitar, I put the CD back down.

Heard "Ordinary Extraordinary Day" on the radio later that week and headed back to the family-owned CBS to buy the album!
04-25-2011 13:11 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Can't wait for the tour.....

05-06-2011 15:22 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 06-26-2009

Smile East Brunswick, NJ Show Info Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Folks - until the info can be corrected on the DA Concerts page (links listed are not correct and are in the process of being updated) , I wanted to make sure everyone has the correct websites to go to view info/purchase tix for the concert at the Zimmerman Basement o' Sound in East Brunsick, NJ:

Concert Website: http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeslyb9/danielamosconcert (tix on sale via Paypal from this site)
iTickets: http://www.itickets.com/events/264458 (tix on sale via iTickets from this site)

We can not wait for this show, but I guess we will have to!! Cool

Jim
05-16-2011 11:11 Big Jim is offline Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Tour 2011

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH