Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » re- Terry's Current Situation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page re- Terry's Current Situation
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 re- Terry's Current Situation memo 04-04-2011 23:42
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation sondance 04-05-2011 00:04
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-05-2011 00:17
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation memo 04-05-2011 08:48
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-05-2011 08:49
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-05-2011 11:07
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Ron E 04-06-2011 17:41
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-06-2011 17:45
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Audiori J 04-07-2011 18:22
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation DwDunphy 04-07-2011 18:26
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation servantsteve 04-08-2011 09:54
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Mountain Fan 04-08-2011 16:33
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Ritchie_az 04-08-2011 17:19
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Audiori J 04-08-2011 17:26
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-08-2011 17:41
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Paul 04-10-2011 13:26
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Drtuddle 04-10-2011 15:46
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-10-2011 14:09
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation audiori 04-10-2011 23:03
 RE: re- Terry's Current Situation Drtuddle 04-10-2011 23:13
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
memo
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-18-2006

re- Terry's Current Situation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm trying to contact the person who sent out the email about Terry's current situation last night. Tom G? I have a question about donations, and other things. Anyone have a contact address / name?

thanks
04-04-2011 23:42 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it is in this emailed notice (tom@eveselis.com):

To any and all who been blessed by the life and gifts of Terry Taylor,

It is with much regret that I come to you with a desperate prayer. Our dear friend and brother, Terry Taylor, is experiencing one of the direst personal struggles of his life. Since the cancellation of Catscratch, his financial situation has been dismal to say the least. His wife and daughter both teach at a pre-school to help make ends meet week to week but it hasn’t been enough and two years ago they lost their home in foreclosure. As many of you know, Terry, who is uninsured, has had ongoing medical problems for the past five years, with last year being particularly troublesome and expensive. The bills have mounted steadily and the late fees continue to add more misery. Last month their little apartment was burglarized and items of great sentiment were stolen. As an unwanted culmination to one of the toughest years in the life of his family, this past weekend his daughter Noelle was rushed to the hospital and had to have emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder. He hasn’t wanted us to share his story and burden his fans and we’ve been trying some creative new ideas to raise Terry’s income but this last blow has broken the camel’s back and nearly broken Terry’s spirit. I know many of you would want to help our brother in this time of personal crisis. If we all gave $10 or $20 it would go a long toward relieving this burden for their family. Some of you may be able to give more; some less. Anything would help right now.

We’ve set up a relief fund that can be donated to through Paypal. Please visit www.DanielAmos.com and click the donate link in the upper left corner. Be sure and click on “Update Total” after you enter the amount. If you’d like to donate in some other way, please email tom@eveselis.com.

thank you for hearing and for being the support you’ve been to Terry and his family for these many years.

Sincerely and with much love and gratitude,

Tom G., the Townsends, the Lost Dogs, and Terry’s family

Psalm 119:83
04-05-2011 00:04 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We also sent it out thhrough the DA News list and it is linked here on the main page. Any questions can be sent to one of us or to Tom.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-05-2011 00:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
memo
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-18-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by memo

Thanks. FYI, it wasn't in my email notice. The whole letter was, without the email address. Also, the link on the front page of this site that goes to a facebook page requires you to have a facebook account- it's not public. Which is maybe intentional, but if it isn't, I thought you should know (yes, some of us avoid facebook!)
04-05-2011 08:48 memo is offline Search for Posts by memo Add memo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't even think about that. This evening I'll set the message up on the DA server and have a direct link to that. I definitely wasn't trying to force people to sign up.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-05-2011 08:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

http://www.danielamos.com/donate.html

04-05-2011 11:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I couldn't log onto that account from Canada. Do you have an option to make that available to paypal.ca? I don't really know what to do with that. It wouldn't let me login as I couldn't enter a state or zip. Maybe I can go through the store somehow? Order, and then you not ship anything?

04-06-2011 17:41 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Yeah, we can do that. You can order whatever you want and just tell us what amount you want the charge to be. Put something in the special instructions to remind me that its not an actual order.

I had no idea that it would be different with a Canadian account... I'll see if theres any way around that.

04-06-2011 17:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Grace in Action
What an amazing week this has been and it's only Thursday! I can't thank all of you enough for your overwhelming response to my note and for your boundless generosity towards our brother Terry and his family. You beautiful people, in only three days, rais...ed over $25,000 for their needs. My mind is still reeling from it, especially in this dreary economy and with such sad global conditions. You've shown true agape charity and it's been a marvel to behold. Thank you. This money will go a long way to towards meeting their needs both past and present and possibly into the near future. They haven't gotten all the bills from Noelle's surgery yet, but some charitable foundations have shown interest in helping with those bills so the sun is shining again in their household. We're going to leave the donation button on the website for those who've requested that we keep it up until they get a chance to contribute. Keep spreading the word as you see fit. God bless you all. Under the Mercy, Tom See More
By: Tom Gulotta

A good chunk of fans have really come through for the Taylors, I can only imagine what Terry is feeling now.

04-07-2011 18:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Wow.

That's about all I've got right now. You folks are just incredible. From nothing came $25,000 in three days. I'm blown away. May the funds knock down those last few walls.
04-07-2011 18:26 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thanks for getting the word out on this. Please continue to let us know about Terry's current needs.

04-08-2011 09:54 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

well ... been crazy busy ... didn't see the email but probably it's sitting in an account or maybe even spam Frown

... but out of the blue decided to check what's up ... at least i heard it in the same week

still got bills but no late fees so i guess better send some l$ve and share some music.

prayers for terry and family.

sure hope c-stone and everything else works out too.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-08-2011 16:33 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I've got to see how this "government shutdown" will effect my bank account first, but I plan to help Terry if I'll get my next paycheck....

04-08-2011 17:19 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

From what I have heard, it won't affect the tour or cornerstone.. in fact they are income I am sure Terry needs.

People have also been catching up on ordering things they missed this week, and I know my brother has sent a nice chunk of cash to Terry from that and more is on the way. They have a lot of fans, its just a matter of getting the word out.. and I might add, sometimes Terry doesn't want things known, so often our hands are tied in that regard.

04-08-2011 17:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, it should be a pretty nice amount to add to the donations. I'm still digging through it.

04-08-2011 17:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Even before the email by Tom, I hoped I helped by doing the two songs. We should always support the Lord's work especially when we believe in the people he's using to further His kingdom. I'm not a rich guy, but I believe in our friends, especially Terry.

04-10-2011 13:26 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

paul what do you mean by the two songs?

04-10-2011 15:46 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, the Swine songs were definitely helpful. Things just started to get out of hand and something else had to be done.

04-10-2011 14:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

He's talking about the personalized Swine 1 & 2 songs.

-------------------------

Also - I wanted to let everyone know. People are being so generous that we're really getting flooded with orders. Its almost like what we'd get when a new album comes out. The only difference is that when a new album comes out, I'm somewhat prepared for it. In this case, I really wasn't.. I knew the note was going out, but didn't expect the response to be quite this large.

So, the bad news is that orders will be going out slowly for a bit while I'm getting caught up again. I am gaining ground, so in a few days things should be moving more normally.. but at the moment, I'm several days behind.

The good news is that Terry will be getting another good sized check or two in the coming days. (One already went out last week from these sales).

04-10-2011 23:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!

I'm really interested in doing/buying the personalized song from Terry. It's about some Waxahachie History and the movie places in the Heart. I got pretty good amount of research on it I could send.

04-10-2011 23:13 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » re- Terry's Current Situation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH