Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 audiori 11-15-2010 13:01
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 pegotico 11-15-2010 13:22
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 audiori 11-15-2010 16:39
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 DwDunphy 11-16-2010 10:13
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 larryl 11-16-2010 10:23
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 joey 11-16-2010 10:43
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 Audiori J 11-16-2010 12:17
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 mindgasket 11-16-2010 12:26
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 DwDunphy 11-16-2010 13:39
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 Audiori J 11-16-2010 15:20
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 mindgasket 11-16-2010 17:17
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 audiori 11-16-2010 22:34
 Orders Made! Buffalo 11-17-2010 01:40
 RE: Orders Made! joey 11-17-2010 10:39
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 audiori 11-17-2010 19:00
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 Paul 11-17-2010 21:59
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 audiori 11-17-2010 23:13
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 Paul 11-18-2010 02:33
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 klaatu 11-21-2010 16:47
 RE: Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 DwDunphy 11-21-2010 16:54
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It needs to be in before November 28th for us to have good shot at getting it to you before Christmas. Earlier the better of course... if any don't make it in time for Christmas it'll most likely be the stragglers that wait till the last minute.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-15-2010 13:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have one question, the special versions have some sort of time limit, as Terry wont spend all year long making special versions. "I guess"????????

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-15-2010 13:22 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'm guessing they will stop at some point - although I haven't been given a cutoff date yet. I do know that there will be some marathon recording sessions in late Nov to do this Christmas batch. If we take orders beyond that point I'm not sure when they would be recorded. Thats something we'll be settling in the next couple of weeks.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-15-2010 16:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Here's a tough question then - for those that can't go beyond the standard release, is there a date they could expect it, considering that no extra involvement is necessary?
11-16-2010 10:13 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

is this being done instead of the kickstart idea? i thought that was a really cool way to do it...

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

11-16-2010 10:23 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the kickstart thing was for new Da...
this is just something extra terry is doing solo for the holidays...
right, townsends?

Cool
11-16-2010 10:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yup. Kickstarter page is for a Daniel Amos release, this is a Terry Taylor 'back room tracks' sort of series.

11-16-2010 12:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

... that will be completely holiday-themed? Or no.
11-16-2010 12:26 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by mindgasket
... that will be completely holiday-themed? Or no.

To my knowledge, not holiday themed at all. It's just coming out in time for the holidays so family of DA-geeks have something to get 'em. Swine Before Pearl is like the first Edward Daniel Taylor, in that it is a clearing house of unreleased tracks, demos, and what-not stitched together with newer interstitial material...

...at least that's my assumption.
11-16-2010 13:39 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yes, Phil Keaggy used to do an actual "Back Room Tracks" series for his fan club, it was a hodge podge of new demos, old demos, rare tracks, live stuff and out-takes. This is kind of similar except Terry is personalizing it. It is essentially, whatever Terry wants to dig out or record.

11-16-2010 15:20 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yes, Phil Keaggy used to do an actual "Back Room Tracks" series for his fan club, it was a hodge podge of new demos, old demos, rare tracks, live stuff and out-takes. This is kind of similar except Terry is personalizing it. It is essentially, whatever Terry wants to dig out or record.

Most excellent.
11-16-2010 17:17 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Administrator

Things are a little fluid of course since this is a new concept, but the basic plan is this.... Terry should finish recording around Thanksgiving. The discs will start printing immediately - within a day or so of the final recording. We're expecting everything to be shipped in the first two weeks of December at the latest. We're going to do everything we can to keep that time as short as possible - including having the discs overnighted to us from the manufacturer, etc.

The standard editions will be the easiest of course and those will probably ship in the first few days after they arrive. The personalzed editions are a big unknown... the more we get, the more challenging it'll be. They will ship in order however, so its best to get the orders in as early as possible.

11-16-2010 22:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Buffalo Buffalo is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Orders Made! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just put in two personalized orders, one for me and one for my daughter! This will be so much fun! I hope the songs are at least 30 seconds long and I sure wouldn't complain if they're a couple of minutes long! I used to say that I was in a song ("Medley Of Our Hit") cause I was one of "Big Dork and his buddies" but now I'll be able to say that my FAVORITE songwriter wrote a song personally about/for me! WOW! Great idea, Terry! I know my daughter will love it too!

I didn't even tell my wife! Luckily, I think she'd understand and agree 'cause we can spare the $ right now, and she knows how much Terry, DA, Swirling Eddies, and Lost Dogs mean to me; God has used them greatly in my life.

It's been a very long time since I've posted here, so, "Hello!" to the few that I've had some sort of private/personal contact with in the past and then also to all posters.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Buffalo: 11-17-2010 01:51.

11-17-2010 01:40 Buffalo is offline Send an Email to Buffalo Search for Posts by Buffalo Add Buffalo to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: Orders Made! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo
I used to say that I was in a song ("Medley Of Our Hit") cause I was one of "Big Dork and his buddies"

Pleased Cool Pleased

Cool
11-17-2010 10:39 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

One little note: some of the early orders are going to show up on your statements as "77s.com." This is simply because I typed in the wrong account number when I first set it up... it means nothing beyond that. It has been corrected and all orders will be processed normally. Just didn't want anyone worrying that something went wrong when they placed the order or that they accidentally ordered the wrong thing.

11-17-2010 19:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Audiori,

Just wanted to check if you got my email?

-Paul

11-17-2010 21:59 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
Administrator

Sorry I don't have access to it at the moment.. I'm actually out of town at the moment - currently somewhere in Tennessee.. I'll be back home late tomorrow (Thursday) and will be able to check it then. If its an emergency, feel free to send me a PM here on the board and I'll be able to see it sooner.

11-17-2010 23:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

No Problem. It can wait. I've been having trouble with my home email in sending messages..

11-18-2010 02:33 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
klaatu
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Hmmmm,

Love the idea - but with so many songs going out to individuals, how in heck am I supposed to collect every available DA/TST release now?

lol

Steve

11-21-2010 16:47 klaatu is offline Search for Posts by klaatu Add klaatu to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Maybe Terry's praying that only people with generic names can afford this? That way, one Bob song can be recycled among three or four people.

So, just to make things more interesting, pretend your name is Milosz.
11-21-2010 16:54 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH