Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
Oh no I got the point. I just think you're wrong.

So double albums are not a daunting task?

You think MBD wasn't successful as a double album and I say it was.
Daunting or not is hardly the Point.
Any album is a daunting task.
A song is a daunting Task.

11-11-2010 15:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like double albums.
The White Album, Tommy, Quadrophenia, Melon Collie and the Infiinite Sadnesss, The Wall, Blonde on Blonde.
I would also count BibleLand, Motorcyle and Outdoor Elvis as being a double album.

11-11-2010 16:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I can't believe some of you are actually complaining that Terry gave you TOO MANY SONGS. People are funny.
11-11-2010 17:16 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Not a Christmas album, but it would make a great Christmas gift.

I'll fill you guys in once he completely gives the green light.

Ooooh. Daniel Amos Christmas Tree Ornaments?

11-11-2010 17:39 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Berger Roy Al stockings.

"Here. Stuff this gnngshhkKKKKnnN FhhhdggghHHH!!"
11-11-2010 18:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by James
I can't believe some of you are actually complaining that Terry gave you TOO MANY SONGS. People are funny.

the worst part is complaining when he gave us one of his best albums multiply by 2 Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-11-2010 18:19 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
quote:
Oh no I got the point. I just think you're wrong.

So double albums are not a daunting task?

You think MBD wasn't successful as a double album and I say it was.
Daunting or not is hardly the Point.
Any album is a daunting task.
A song is a daunting Task.

it was a daunting task but a masterpiece came out of it

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-11-2010 18:20 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
quote:
Not a Christmas album, but it would make a great Christmas gift.

Cool. My wife has been asking me what I want....

Im curious!!

11-11-2010 18:39 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Arthur Fhardy's Christmas Party - Don't be tardy.
11-11-2010 19:19 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Arthur Fhardy's Christmas Party - Don't be tardy.

featuring the fhardy yule log made of compressed lost cabin mystery tree sawdust with four unusal aromas... get yours today!

Psalm 119:83
11-11-2010 20:02 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis

quote:
Another thing to remember is MBD if on vinyl would be closer to being a triple record or longer and albums like BibleLand and MotorCylcle would be double albums as would Outdoor Elvis.

I would love a triple record of MBD on vinyl! Who's with me? Not 500 of us? Guess it'll never happen... Frown
11-11-2010 20:14 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:
Another thing to remember is MBD if on vinyl would be closer to being a triple record or longer and albums like BibleLand and MotorCylcle would be double albums as would Outdoor Elvis.

I would love a triple record of MBD on vinyl! Who's with me? Not 500 of us? Guess it'll never happen... Frown

I would third that except that it would likely cost $100 bucks or somesuch.

Or nonesuch.

Or mincemeat.

Mmmmm.... mincemeat.
11-11-2010 20:35 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by James

Exactly.
Thank you.

11-11-2010 21:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:

Or nonesuch.

Or mincemeat.

Mmmmm.... mincemeat.

Yup.
Easily $100.

11-11-2010 21:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I'm certainly not complaining about too many songs. It's more a statement that MBD is more "raw" or "live in the studio" than many of DA's releases. I'd like to see a more polished album--like many of the past albums were. I'm sure whatever Terry records I'll be more than happy with.

11-11-2010 23:59 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:

Or nonesuch.

Or mincemeat.

Mmmmm.... mincemeat.

Yup.
Easily $100.

I figured it out, it will be a DA record player for you vinyl lovers.

11-12-2010 00:11 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I'm certainly not complaining about too many songs. It's more a statement that MBD is more "raw" or "live in the studio" than many of DA's releases. I'd like to see a more polished album--like many of the past albums were. I'm sure whatever Terry records I'll be more than happy with.

That "live in the studio" sound is what gives a lot of DA albums their edge.
¡Alarma! has a great live in the studio sound as does "songs of the heart" and "BibleLand" as well.

Honestly I was beginning to wonder if MBD was going to be the last DA record.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 11-12-2010 05:26.

11-12-2010 05:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Ditto Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I was wondering as well. It probably gets harder as you go further along, too.

Maybe someone remembers a discussion where someone took a lyric from the first song ("there are no more to come, this is the one"), and wondered if it was the swan song.

11-12-2010 07:36 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah and Terry said it wasn't. In fact in the DVD at the very start you can see the reaction of the band to playing that song back for the first time and Terry says "the juxtaposition is terrifying." Meaning that in a side by side comparison the actual meaning of the song and what it sounds like its saying about the bands career is scary even to Terry right after recording it.

Most DA albums are recorded essentially 'live in the studio' to a great degree I believe. They may then go in and add horns or vocals or something, but I really don't think the process has changed all that much over the years. At various times they may have a smaller budget that restricts them from adding other musicians, I remember while Buechners was being recorded and mixed we got a call asking us to help raise the money to hire the horn players, if that hadn't happened, that wouldn't be part of the album.

If I remember correctly, on the first lost Dogs album, the music was recorded live in the studio 'lobby' and vocals added later.

11-12-2010 07:58 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eis

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:

Or nonesuch.

Or mincemeat.

Mmmmm.... mincemeat.

If 500 folks would buy one, they'd be about $40-$50 each.
11-12-2010 08:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH