Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some Dylan albums have tracks where he laughs because he screwed up the chords or sang the wrong verse... awesome!

Jack Black with his record company does this saying "the mistakes are the best part of the song."

11-13-2010 08:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thelonious Monk was the same way, one maybe two takes.
Very rarely a third take and NEVER and fourth take.

11-13-2010 08:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Even The Beatles who spent thousands of hours on their albums would leave in mistakes because it sounded better with them.

The cool effect on the cover on Rubber Soul was a mistake and they picked it because it was the coolest looking picture.

11-13-2010 09:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Even The Beatles who spent thousands of hours on their albums would leave in mistakes because it sounded better with them.

The cool effect on the cover on Rubber Soul was a mistake and they picked it because it was the coolest looking picture.

yep very cool cover and GREAT album indeed Tongue

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-15-2010 11:22 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Some Dylan albums have tracks where he laughs because he screwed up the chords or sang the wrong verse... awesome!

Jack Black with his record company does this saying "the mistakes are the best part of the song."

very true, that many times those mistakes give the song special touches

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-15-2010 11:24 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by pegotico
quote:

yep very cool cover and GREAT album indeed Tongue

Nice.

11-16-2010 03:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

quote:

Are you referring to the slightly stretched picture? I always thought that was on purpose.
11-16-2010 07:30 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
Are you referring to the slightly stretched picture? I always thought that was on purpose.

Yes and no - It was done on purpose after they found out by mistake that it could be done. Kind of like the feedback on "I Feel Fine".
11-16-2010 08:21 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Ah, but what's heard is not always for real - re: the staged directions Terry gives Ed on "Easy For You," revealed as such on the Buechner's Making-Of DVD.
11-16-2010 10:16 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:

Yes and no - It was done on purpose after they found out by mistake that it could be done. Kind of like the feedback on "I Feel Fine".

Yeah the artist took the pictures and used a projector to show them on a chunk of cardboard. The cardboard almost fell over causing the picture to be distorted and the band asked that it be done that way.

11-16-2010 12:19 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Ah, but what's heard is not always for real - re: the staged directions Terry gives Ed on "Easy For You," revealed as such on the Buechner's Making-Of DVD.

Half staged - half real. The 'come in here Ed' is real direction from Terry, the 'ok' is a staged response.

11-16-2010 12:20 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Any updates?

11-24-2010 20:41 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

I think Terry plans on getting the ball rolling on new DA after he gets the Swine Before Pearl thing going.

11-24-2010 21:52 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:

Of course Lennon said the feedback done was on purpose in a 1980 interview.
So, who knows?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 12-03-2010 00:59.

12-03-2010 00:57 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah and I think that feedback is on other takes of the song. I suppose its possible it was by accident the first time and after that they were doing it on purpose.

12-03-2010 08:07 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yeah and I think that feedback is on other takes of the song. I suppose its possible it was by accident the first time and after that they were doing it on purpose.

Which, by staggering coincidence, is precisely what I said, i.e. that they did it on purpose after they found out by accident that it could be done.

Tongue

McCartney's account is that Lennon leaned his guitar against his amplifier during a rehearsal, forgetting to turn it down first, and the guitar's A string began to vibrate from the resultant feedback. Lennon liked the sound and asked George Martin if it was possible to reproduce the effect and capture it on tape, and that was the genesis for the idea.

It's kind of like how they came about the idea for stretching the photo image for the cover of Rubber Soul. Stop me if you've heard this one...
12-03-2010 14:00 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah I realize what you said, I was merely responding to Dennis reiterating that the accident and on purpose theory might not actually contradict what Lennon said in that interview.

12-03-2010 15:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
12-03-2010 19:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH