Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Relatively new on iTunes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Relatively new on iTunes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

Relatively new on iTunes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is sort of re-issue news. I've just checked and the Lost Dogs have a few more titles on iTunes including Little Red Riding Hood and the Green Room Serenade. LRRH shows the weakness of iTunes. There is a surprise track at the end if you let the last song play and play and play. Now it's sitting right there and you can even buy it individually.

I've just checked a couple other names:

Daniel Amos now has Fearful Symmetry -- I'm not sure if I ran across that before or not.

Also, TST has gone gang-busters: Miracle Faith Telethon(!), Briefing, John Wayne and there are a couple of individual tracks from collections available as well.
08-31-2010 16:41 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Gee, I need to go to iTunes. I don't buy many downloads, so I don't get on there often. But there seems to be quite a bit more of the music I love available than there was before, so I'll need to stop by. Anyone got a spare iTunes gift card they'd like to give away?....

08-31-2010 16:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats interesting. Stunt owns two of those albums you just listed. Confused

Its apparently KMG doing it, or whoever owns their catalog now. KMG is actually listed as a client on the distributor's website.

(Watch for some Stunt downloads in the near future. by the way... including hopefully two fo the ones they're selling now.)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-31-2010 19:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Since I couldn't find "Fearful Symmetry" anywhere else, I bought it on iTunes. Would much rather have had the physical CD, but beggars can't be choosers!
09-01-2010 06:01 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

oops zoom daddy has a new name on itunes

Zoon DADDY Tongue

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-01-2010 14:37 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

We're checking into the two that they don't own... maybe it was just an oversight. They don't seem to be double checking for typos or anything else. I wonder if they realize they uploaded a Beatles song... Big Grin

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-01-2010 17:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Oh man, that's right! If they haven't made the proper concessions for "Long Long Long" I hate to say it, but Terry & Co. ain't getting squat from this.
09-02-2010 05:24 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by voxrob

Which album with the Beatle song is problematic?
A Briefing for the Ascent: Long Long Long
LRRH: I'm a Loser
09-03-2010 19:47 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
Administrator

THey'd have to pay royalties for both of them.. if they don't realize they're there, they could get into some trouble. Companies that own Beatles songs are pretty protective of them.

09-03-2010 21:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I guess if someone bought one of these downloads they could always send Terry a couple of bucks.

Also, I'm wondering if the iTunes version of Briefing... is the same as the CD or is it like the LP. Anyone know?

09-04-2010 01:30 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
(Watch for some Stunt downloads in the near future. by the way... including hopefully two fo the ones they're selling now.)

As a loyal fan, should I wait for this or buy from iTunes (while the songs are available)? Confused

09-04-2010 07:58 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't know how long its going to take to straighten it out actually.... if you're wanting those two albums and wanting to get them from Terry, we might be able to hurry up with an alternative outside of iTunes. Would that work? Or does it absolutely have to be iTunes?

Once everything is in place, some will be on iTunes, a lot of stuff will be straight through DanielAmos.com. So, there should be an alternative eventually anyway.. I can just speed it up for those titles if I need to.

The two that are owned by Stunt are "Miracle Faith Telethon" and "A Briefing for the Ascent."

09-04-2010 13:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

No, no. No need to hurry. Doesn't have to be iTunes. I wasn't sure what exactly on iTunes might possibly be going away vs what might possibly be becoming available. I'll wait and support Terry directly (or more directly). I just didn't want to pass up on something that is currently available that might not be available again for some time.

09-04-2010 15:09 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I don't know how long its going to take to straighten it out actually.... if you're wanting those two albums and wanting to get them from Terry, we might be able to hurry up with an alternative outside of iTunes. Would that work? Or does it absolutely have to be iTunes?

Once everything is in place, some will be on iTunes, a lot of stuff will be straight through DanielAmos.com. So, there should be an alternative eventually anyway.. I can just speed it up for those titles if I need to.

The two that are owned by Stunt are "Miracle Faith Telethon" and "A Briefing for the Ascent."

not that I like downloads but it would be nice for you to offer a better quality than itunes maybe mp3 at 320KBPS or V0. I hate AAC (mp4) itunes!!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-04-2010 16:37 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

There will be other options available for the direct DanielAmos.com downloads.

09-04-2010 17:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

lots there Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is actually quite a bit that has appeared on itunes now, it looks like all the KMG stuff is dropping in. Shout/Tamplin, Crumbacher, Deliverance, the Swirling Eddies, even most of the crappy latter years crap projects. The Mike Knott Browbeats albums are there... I ran out of things to search for. I think Wild Blue Yonder even. Scaterd Few... Sacred Warrior... wow. Lots there. Interesting.
09-04-2010 17:48 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

I went ahead and DL'd "I Had a Bad Experience With the CIA" from iTunes. I've been trying to put a playlist together of all the songs Terry performed on the Texas tour last year with Steve H. and that was one of the ones I didn't have. I'm missing 2 or 3 I think.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 09-10-2010 00:37.

09-10-2010 00:36 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

The version of "Bad Experience with the CIA" that Terry and crew did last summer was far superior to the album version. Would like to get a version of that one somewhere.
09-10-2010 13:49 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
There will be other options available for the direct DanielAmos.com downloads.

A nice idea would be to include a digital booklet of the cd with lyrics.

09-13-2010 22:24 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Downloads Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all, I haven't been around a lot for a while now, but wanted to hop on and say thanks for some of the new stuff by all of the groups on itunes...I just downloaded Mr. Buechners Dream. I had the CD's but they got scratched and certain songs wouldn't play. I am stoked to just hop on and download the tunes. I have all the original packaging and was more than happy to order it have it. Gotta live instant gratification. It's nice if I have the tape or album to get a digital version without having to rip it all into my computer myself.
Thanks all
09-19-2010 11:20 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Relatively new on iTunes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH