Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Pearl Moon » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pearl Moon
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Pearl Moon Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just really enjoy this song. I got the download. Who is the operatic voice or is it a sample?

08-08-2010 19:37 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the whole cd is a blast. All songs are great!!

this are my favorites in no particular order
old angel
wicked guns
glory road
desert flowers
israelites and okies
pearl moon

so in conclusion you should get the whole cd, as the others are good too!!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
08-08-2010 20:44 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my bad (as those crazy kids say nowadays) I downloaded the whole album. Didn't get the CD.

08-08-2010 21:31 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

So does anybody know the preacher at the end of "Pearl Moon"? I assumed it was Oral Roberts but the way the guy says "Jerusalem" I thought it was the Pastor Hagee from San Antonio.

08-11-2010 18:10 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Its actually Derri's dad Joe Daugherty.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-11-2010 19:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Wow

08-11-2010 20:22 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

RE: Pearl Moon Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
I just really enjoy this song. I got the download. Who is the operatic voice or is it a sample?

Liesl Dromi is shown in the general credits as Angelic voice.

Googled across this:
http://vimeo.com/4062650

08-20-2010 23:59 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

thanks

08-22-2010 08:49 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I can't get this song (Pearl Moon) out of my mind. It's powerful and haunting. The song before and after (Dust in My Bowl and The World is Against Us) help tell the story as kind of a prelude and epoligue.

09-22-2010 17:50 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I can't get this song (Pearl Moon) out of my mind. It's powerful and haunting. The song before and after (Dust in My Bowl and The World is Against Us) help tell the story as kind of a prelude and epoligue.

Same here.
10-03-2010 22:43 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Pearl Moon

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH