Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the DOGS!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page the DOGS!!! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

the DOGS!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...so Maria and i went to hear the DOGS on the first night of their tour, in Smyrna TN, 20 min. from where we live. (i was lucky enough to run into larryl -- hi Larry, it was great to see you!!)

i had hung out at the DOG'S rehearsal and burned some meat on Derri's grill for them sat. night. they sounded great in rehearsal and i couldn't wait to hear them.

sound usually isn't very good in a church but, whoever was running sound knew what they were doing -- the DOGS sounded like a million bucks. i could hear everything...

(they didn't know i was there -- after the third song ended, i yelled out "You Gotta Move" hoping to hear the song. Terry, with lights in his face couldn't see me but looked in my direction and said "Well, we're tryin' to, brother!")

i've played on stage with them and also sat in an audience and listened to
them. there is something that happens that the three of them have never
heard (because it's physically impossible.) they've never heard what THEY
sound like (from an audience POV) when they break into three-part-harmony.

they've heard themselves (obviously) on recordings but, there's something
about the way that air is moved through a room, from flesh and blood
singing at the moment into a microphone, and then through a stack of
speakers and then into human ears. sight and sound together...

please, PLEASE go see and hear them and support them -- it'll be worth the drive. they are at the very top of their game!
05-13-2010 10:24 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good to see you as wel, sir!! and your wife, as well....

i told mike that was you yelling.

i agree it was one of the best dogs' shows i have seen in years.

and those harmonies..... very nice.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

05-13-2010 11:15 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, Tim!

I'm excited about the up-coming west-coast tour.

Any chance you'd come see The Dogs in Arizona?

05-13-2010 11:24 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

man, i wish i could
05-13-2010 14:02 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
iota
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

I'm in AZ and would definitely go if they came. The wigwam show was legendary...
05-13-2010 15:41 iota is offline Send an Email to iota Search for Posts by iota Add iota to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Definately need to get The Dogs to AZ... it's been too long since they last came to the Phoenix area....

05-13-2010 16:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

by the way.....

steve said he COULD see you, and had to stop looking at you while playing harmonica. Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

05-13-2010 16:54 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

yes, talked to Steve -- he saw me laughing because he was doing this one-man-band thing where he was playing drums, singing and playing harmonica all at once -- i fully expected him to start juggling plates and, perhaps, give an audience member a tattoo or something, as he was still keeping time ...
05-13-2010 17:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Did he play the cymbals between his knees?

05-13-2010 22:41 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

Saw the Dogs in Raleigh last night - they were outstanding!!Great(as always) interplay between the guys,a good amount of Dogs' humor,and,of course,the great music!!

Bill Mallonee was very good as well.

Just a great family night (had my wife,sons and their girlfriends/fiancees)enjoying some of the best music being made by any artist anywhere.

Catch them if you have the chance,even if you have to drive some distance.
05-14-2010 07:05 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Shempp Shempp is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-18-2009

I have been sooooo looking forward to this show... just seven days away!

It has been over a year since I booked them. Now finally it is almost here.

The Dogs in Detroit

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

05-14-2010 10:43 Shempp is offline Homepage of Shempp Search for Posts by Shempp Add Shempp to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Ah. . . Just four days away for me! I am so glad someone had the foresite to book them at a location that is only 1 hour from my current abode. I can't wait to hold the new disc in my sweaty palms. I can't wait until it spins in the car CD player as I drive home. Most of all I can't wait for the atmosphere of one of the best shows on earth.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
05-14-2010 11:35 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I hope the road continues to be kind to them. Sounds like folks are in for a treat.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jimmy Brown: 05-20-2010 08:45.

05-14-2010 12:53 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shempp
I have been sooooo looking forward to this show... just seven days away!

It has been over a year since I booked them. Now finally it is almost here.

The Dogs in Detroit

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

i wonder if .mugs will be there? Tongue

Cool
05-14-2010 14:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Yeah, nice seeing you there, too, Tim. Oh right, you only acknowledged Larryl, not Peawinkel Jr & I. Anyway....you split so fast that Doc never even knew you were there until Larryl & I enlightened him. Also in attendance @ Smyrna: Dan Michaels & Jerry Chamberlain. Chamberlain & the Dogs went to eat @ Chili's after the show, but I'm not sure what they ordered.

Cool

05-14-2010 21:55 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Peawinkel -- it was loud in there and i didn't catch the introduction -- i'm honestly very sorry (please tell Peawinkel Jr) -- i hate it when i do that, especially if it's someone from the board. (i would've recognized your name.) Please forgive me.

yes, saw Jerry there -- i have to get up at 4:30 a.m. for work, that's why we couldn't stay for the whole thing. but what we heard sure was great!Smile

((you should've followed the Dogs to Chili's)
05-19-2010 23:14 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I was so disappointed I couldn't make it to the show around here. Saw Terry & Steve, and then Mike separately, last year during their passes through and was determined to catch a full Dogs show whenever the opportunity presented itself.

But, alas, my car is a 1988 Chevy Celebrity station wagon. And guess what: it acts like a 1988 Chevy Celebrity station wagon. "Like a rock," you say, Mr. Seger? When's the last time a rock got you cross-county?
05-20-2010 18:44 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Tomorrow for me! I have to drive 6 hours, but it will be worth it! Especially since I get to take my daughter.

05-20-2010 22:45 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by damos
Saw the Dogs in Raleigh last night - they were outstanding!!Great(as always) interplay between the guys,a good amount of Dogs' humor,and,of course,the great music!!

Bill Mallonee was very good as well.

Just a great family night (had my wife,sons and their girlfriends/fiancees)enjoying some of the best music being made by any artist anywhere.

Catch them if you have the chance,even if you have to drive some distance.

glad you made it out to the raleigh show....my family and i were there....i was peddling stuff for the guys while my son was spilling the marbles from his mancala game on the other side of the room.

it was a great show......the guys sounded great, steve conquered the rope trick after he downed half of my guinness, and my son got a taste of what being a roadie is all about as he helped carry some of the equipment out after the show.

if you can, get out and support the dogs! they sound great!

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 05-30-2010 22:54.

05-30-2010 22:54 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

...welcome to the forum stranger....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
05-31-2010 04:57 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » the DOGS!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH