Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? ftg3plus4 12-10-2009 09:24
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? audiori 12-10-2009 09:44
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? ftg3plus4 12-10-2009 09:55
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Ritchie_az 12-10-2009 11:33
 Sound of silence John Foxe 12-10-2009 12:23
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? audiori 12-10-2009 12:50
 Outdoor Elvis Bulldog 01-10-2010 14:20
 RE: Outdoor Elvis Pfiagra 01-10-2010 23:45
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? SafetyNet 12-10-2009 13:43
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Myron 12-11-2009 00:41
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? audiori 12-11-2009 01:08
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Ritchie_az 12-11-2009 22:52
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Ritchie_az 12-14-2009 14:53
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? dennis 01-10-2010 16:30
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Ritchie_az 01-11-2010 07:32
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? ftg3plus4 02-25-2015 07:11
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Jimmy Brown 02-25-2015 08:35
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? wayneb 02-25-2015 20:17
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? audiori 02-26-2015 10:58
 RE: Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? ftg3plus4 11-21-2017 13:17
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some time ago I sold my CD of BOOTLEG '82 for not a whole lot of money. And now I'm thinking, WHY did I do that? I miss it, and now I can't find a copy at a decent price!! (And, no, I don't want the cassette.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ftg3plus4: 02-25-2015 07:07.

12-10-2009 09:24 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've been toying with the idea of bringing it back in some form.. most likely a "budget" reissue like All Day Sing, Hodgepodge, etc... possibly with the missing tracks from the show.

There are a few other things that are a priority at the moment, but I do think it'll come back in one form or another.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-10-2009 09:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by ftg3plus4
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That would be a good thing!

12-10-2009 09:55 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I'd buy it.

12-10-2009 11:33 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Sound of silence Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Curious... it has been very quiet lately. What are the priority items and are you willing to divulge potential timetables?

12-10-2009 12:23 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

We've had a pretty rough year, or at least a few very rough months. A few of the major problems have been email Server issues with lots of lost email; weird shipping issues that resulted in us having to replace our entire shipping system with something new (I could write a book on that mess); illness; being out of town several times which caused us to get behind on things; and most recently, our grandmother passed away.

All of that has caused us to push back a number of things. As an example, "Little Big" was supposed to be back a long time ago. I'm still hoping to get it back before Christmas - although folks receiving them before Christmas might be a gamble. There were a couple of other previously mentioned things that were supposed to be done before now also.

What else is coming.. Mike's having us do simple reissues of Scenic Routes and Little Red Riding Hood. These won't be deluxe remastered editions or anything like that.. just simple straight rereleases with a low price tag. The goal is just to make the music available. "Guilty Pleasures," "Roesbud" and "Direct" should also be back in the near future. On Terry's side, things are a little more fluid and up in the air. With the exception of "Little Big," I'm not sure its safe to mention any of them just yet.

More good news on the way.... there is a new store design in the works... a more straight forward design that should be easier for a lot of folks. It would have been done well before now if things had been a little more normal for us. We are also working to set up a new email-less customer service system so we don't have to worry about server crashes or lost email. Thanks to our new shipping system, we are just beginning to use email shipping notifications and even have some tracking abilites which we didn't have before. That should help everyone quite a bit and also cut down on our email.

Theres a lot happening, but its all been chaotic trying to get through it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-10-2009 12:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Outdoor Elvis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anything in the near future for "Outdoor Elvis"?
01-10-2010 14:20 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

RE: Outdoor Elvis Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Come again Outdoor Elvis

01-10-2010 23:45 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Thanks for all the work you put into LD, Terry, Mike, etc. Otherwise we would have very little access to such great music and talent!

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
12-10-2009 13:43 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Is an Ultimate Horrendous Disc still a possibility or should we give up on that?
12-11-2009 00:41 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Administrator

Well.... things really went off track of course. Theres no longer any kind of time table or framework in place after Larry's death.

Before Larry died, I think we were very close to something happening one way or another. I do think we'll still see some kind of HD release.. at the very least a collection of outtakes and rarities.. but, for now, everythings kind of on hold until certain things can be worked out. That doesn't mean that some progress isn't still being made - tapes are still being rediscovered, photos collected, etc.. but nothing is immediate.

12-11-2009 01:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Mike's having us do simple reissues of Scenic Routes and Little Red Riding Hood. These won't be deluxe remastered editions or anything like that.. just simple straight rereleases with a low price tag.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to adding these to the collection (they're two of the three Lost Dog albums that I'm missing).

12-11-2009 22:52 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

12-14-2009 14:53 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

You can pretty much tell that he's lost weight from the depth of his footprint.

01-10-2010 16:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Is he fishing and skiing and hunting duck?

01-11-2010 07:32 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Finally got my hands on another CD copy at a decent price. It's a little bit scratchy looking and someone scribbled their name on the disc and the inside cover (no, it's not an autograph). But it plays!

02-25-2015 07:11 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

You are a persistent man! Congratulations!
02-25-2015 08:35 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I'm hanging on to mine (as with all other DA stuff) but can you not get this in the "DA Sanctioned Boots" section of the site?

www.smashthatcomputer.com
02-25-2015 20:17 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes you can. I believe we also have the complete show available as well.

02-26-2015 10:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Just listened to LIVE BOOTLEG again today, and... is that Jerry and Tim trading lead vocals on the "handsome fiancé" (aka "foreign language") part of "Tidal Wave"?

11-21-2017 13:17 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Live Bootleg '82: What was I thinking?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH