Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Straight copy and paste... you can too! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Straight copy and paste... you can too!
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Straight copy and paste... you can too! Ron E 04-29-2009 10:27
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! joey 04-29-2009 11:10
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Ron E 04-29-2009 11:25
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! joey 04-29-2009 11:43
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Ron E 04-29-2009 12:02
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! joey 04-29-2009 12:07
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! PuP 04-29-2009 21:42
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! joey 04-29-2009 22:00
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! audiori 04-29-2009 13:24
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Ron E 04-29-2009 13:36
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! sprinklerhead 04-29-2009 14:52
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Audiori J 04-29-2009 15:02
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Ron E 04-29-2009 18:38
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! sondance 04-29-2009 23:12
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! dennis 04-30-2009 05:52
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! PuP 05-02-2009 22:47
 RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Mountain Fan 05-21-2009 10:49

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Terry confirmed you as a friend on Facebook."

Which of course, we all know, is not the same as being confirmed a friend in real life. Which is why I'm going to dump facebook... sorry Terry, not your fault, bad timing is all.

04-29-2009 10:27 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's about the same as being someones friend here.......... Shocked

Cool
04-29-2009 11:10 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E
RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it can be the same... cept on Facebook, most of the people I have as friends I have actually interacted with in the "real" world. and most of them care about me as I care about them... minimally. And less voyeuristic here... no one ever wants pictures here.

04-29-2009 11:25 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i want pics now! Shocked
there are a couple people on there that i hadn't talked to in over 20 years that i have kind of re-kindled a friendship with that i never would have talked to any other way......
yes, if someone is not really your friend there, then uh...remove them from your friends list!
terry? no, you are probably not going to get to know him any better there.....some cool updates on music he's working on there though.... Cool
i know mountain fan has expressed even more disgust than you for fb on dorfy's board....as i said to him, if you don't want to be there then don't...
but i think a better plan is not to post anything there you wouldn't want all of your "friends" to see................

Cool
04-29-2009 11:43 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, all you say is true, but I also don't want to see everyone else's dirty laundry aired... see Twitter as an example of Facebook gone terribly wrong!
or see their pictures, or...

04-29-2009 12:02 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Down! RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i don't like twitter....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

Cool
04-29-2009 12:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i don't like twitter....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2HAroA12w

I like Twitter better than FB. No one on Twitter tells me what type of sandwich they should be or which of the disciples they are most like or whatever stupid app is popular at the moment.

04-29-2009 21:42 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool RE: Straight copy and paste... you can too! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

my pastor likes it better too....
to each his own...

Cool
04-29-2009 22:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by joey
... if you don't want to be there then don't...
but i think a better plan is not to post anything there you wouldn't want all of your "friends" to see................

Yup. Exactly. You have control over what you get out of it.

Generally, I have almost no time to do anything on FB.. but I have enjoyed reconnecting with a couple of people I haven't seen in a decade or more. It has also been an easy way to stay in touch with a few people scattered around the globe. I've only posted a few pictures.. mostly concerts and vacation stuff because a few people wanted to see them. Nothing too personal.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-29-2009 13:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

I know I can control what I put out, but I don't want to be a voyeur, and I don't want to be in on anyone else's annoying spewing... anyway, I see the value, I just want a break, likely tonight I'll get off it... perhaps tomorrow.

04-29-2009 13:36 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Startin' Monday. Big Grin

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-29-2009 14:52 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shrug.. its like anything else.. there is good and bad in it.

04-29-2009 15:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

to each their own, and its a free country and yadda, yadda yadda. yup, I'm doing it for me, selfish I know Wink

04-29-2009 18:38 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

hmmm, it could be worse...
buttbook anyone?

the devolution of the net... WWGT? (what would Gore think)

Psalm 119:83
04-29-2009 23:12 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I have met up with a lot of people on Facebook I have not seen in years.
It's nice that way.

But it's not for everyone, so whatever.

04-30-2009 05:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Is there a DAmb fan page yet?

05-02-2009 22:47 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

i have no interest in fakebook ... except for snooping on other people! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-21-2009 10:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Straight copy and paste... you can too!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH