Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite DFBB song? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite DFBB song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Big, Warm, Sweet, Interior Glowing" from Kalhoun

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 12-08-2008 23:15.

12-08-2008 23:15 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got to say, the whole CD is great from start to finish (the bonus CD, too), but I keep gravitating towards tracks 5-9 (Safety Net, Pictures of the Gone World, Divine Instant, Half Light, Epoch and Phase, and The Unattainable Earth) more than the others. What's interesting about that is Darn Floor - Big Bite (the song) has been one of my favorite DA songs since I first heard it in late-2000 (from Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits), yet it's not my favorite on the album.

Thanks DA, Arena Rock and everyone else who was involved in making DFBB reissue happen. It's an awesome CD!

12-09-2008 18:18 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
runewell runewell is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 02-19-2007

For me, the only disappointment is the first track, Return of the Beat Menace.
As far as a favorite, I call it a tie between Half Light, Epoch, and Phase & Unattainable Earth.
Years ago I would have answered Darn Floor Big Bite & Shape of Air though.
12-11-2008 00:23 runewell is offline Search for Posts by runewell Add runewell to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

definitely unattainable earth would be my favorite of all

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
10-23-2009 12:08 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
avsherwood1 avsherwood1 is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-04-2009

I actually really like "Return of the Beat Menace" which no one has listed yet. I also like "Pictures of the Gone World" and "Half Light".

Though really, I think the album is best when listened to in its entirety, uninterrupted, while sitting in your smoking room in your smoking jacket sipping the beverage of your choice. Big Grin
10-23-2009 16:01 avsherwood1 is offline Homepage of avsherwood1 Search for Posts by avsherwood1 Add avsherwood1 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

"Safety Net" and "Pictures of the Gone World" both struck me on first listen way back when.

10-23-2009 16:16 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az
Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great album filled with great songs!

10-23-2009 19:35 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite DFBB song?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH