Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

finally picked this up for about $10 when i happened to think to check for it again when i was looking for something else.

the sound is an improvement over cassette transfer i made, but i wouldn't consider paying more than retail to get it just for the sound quality.

the booklet is well done. too bad it was in digipack instead of a double-CD jewel case.

haven't listened attentively to the Terry interviews but i'm glad they're on there for sure.

haven't really sat down and taken in all the other extras either.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-06-2010 11:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They went back to the analog masters and did a knew digital mastering for this release, the sound can't get any better than it is.

01-06-2010 11:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

don't get me wrong. i'm not saying it sounds bad or anything. i'm not even really an audiophile. i usually listen to music in the car or house with other things going on. you can probably hear more detail with headphones. etc.

what i am saying is if someone misses the DA 20th before it sells out, i wouldn't advise paying a buncha money to get it just for the improved sound if they already have it in some other format in reasonable condition (not overly worn).

that is similar to saying i'm sure glad i waited to get this after the reissue instead of paying a lot of money for the original CD (or even LP) when i already had a cassette in decent condition i was able to transfer.

of course the extras are an additional consideration for fans that want more than the music and they seem done well at first glance.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-06-2010 12:23 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Excellence all around Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Everything was done right on the DFBB re-release... remastering, packing, bonus tracks, top to bottom high quality and great attention to detail.

This is a far cry from some of the half-baked, poor quality M8 stuff.

It is worth every penny and more. If you haven't gotten it yet, please do so now before you pay a much higher price on auction. You will not regret it.

01-06-2010 13:57 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

yep Im still waiting for mine....

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
01-15-2010 10:59 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Excellence all around Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Everything was done right on the DFBB re-release... remastering, packing, bonus tracks, top to bottom high quality and great attention to detail.

It is worth every penny and more. If you haven't gotten it yet, please do so now before you pay a much higher price on auction. You will not regret it.

Exactly.
This re-issue should be the standard for re-issues.

01-16-2010 05:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
finally picked this up for about $10 when i happened to think to check for it again when i was looking for something else.

the sound is an improvement over cassette transfer i made, but i wouldn't consider paying more than retail to get it just for the sound quality.

the booklet is well done. too bad it was in digipack instead of a double-CD jewel case.

haven't listened attentively to the Terry interviews but i'm glad they're on there for sure.

Wow.
You don't like the digipack?
You don't think the sound improvement is worth the money?
You found it by chance when you were looking for something else??

Huh.

01-16-2010 05:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Wow.

Huh.

uh, doc....remember, he doesn't like anything... Tongue

Confused

Cool
01-16-2010 11:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:

Wow.

Huh.

uh, doc....remember, he doesn't like anything... Tongue

Confused

Oh Right!
I forgot!!

01-16-2010 12:42 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

RE: Excellence all around Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

Ahhh yep.

01-16-2010 13:36 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Darn Floor - Big Sound!

01-16-2010 14:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:

Ahhh yep.

Indeed.

01-16-2010 19:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: Excellence all around Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Ahhh yep.

Indeed.

on this we can all agree...
well, most of us that still come here... Tongue

Confused Roll Eyes

Cool
01-16-2010 23:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ahhh yep.

Indeed.

on this we can all agree...
well, most of us that still come here... Tongue

Confused Roll Eyes

Most of us can agree on this...
Except for the "MF"ers!

01-17-2010 07:02 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Funny how "the role" always has someone ready to fill it...

01-19-2010 19:55 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

well, sometimes that role is needed....
like when people are talking about lost... Wink
but NOT when talking about the dfbb re-issue... Mad

Pleased

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 01-19-2010 23:19.

01-19-2010 23:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

In my honest opinion that "role" is never needed.

01-20-2010 18:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah, I am so tired of that role.
I have had enough of the mugs of the world.

01-20-2010 21:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:

No, Joey's right, LOST is fair game... er... WHAT?
Really, just say what you want, add a wink and you get away with anything!

01-20-2010 23:20 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:

No, Joey's right, LOST is fair game... er... WHAT?
Really, just say what you want, add a wink and you get away with anything!

well, a contrary opinion is always welcome in my book... and i am just playing around when it come to lost, thus the wink...Wink
but when someone has something negative to say about just about EVERYTHING and everybody, then i would title them a .mugs.....
wait, even james likes dfbb! so mf, where does that put you????? Shocked

Tongue

Cool
01-21-2010 08:16 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH