Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 22 23 [24] 25 26 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If I'm hazarding a guess, I'd say that other songs from this era that didn't quite make the cut stylistically or thematically wound up fitting better with The Eddies.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DwDunphy: 11-11-2008 14:49.

11-11-2008 14:48 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
jsminch
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 08-12-2005

I just want to be loved. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.amazon.com/Darn-Floor-Deluxe-...6466855&sr=8-52

It's only previews, but it's something.

Love me.

Now that I listen to it again for the first time, I think it would be great if William Shatner covered Darn Floor Big Bite

"Do I.......know you now? Do..I......know......................................younow?"

&ct....

"To............complex................to be..............tamed. To...........great to be.........................................................................
.............................................................grasped."

It would be awesome!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by jsminch: 11-11-2008 23:27.

11-11-2008 23:21 jsminch is offline Send an Email to jsminch Search for Posts by jsminch Add jsminch to your Buddy List
jsminch
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 08-12-2005

I'm bored, out of town, and I miss my family, so......... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Entertain me:

What's everyone's favorite song from Darn Floor Big Bite?

Mine is "Strange Animals."

But I haven't listened to the album since I got rid of my last tape player around fifteen years ago.

I wonder if my tastes will hold true or if my once young and innocent soul has been so ravaged by time, experience and the slings and arrows of huddled masses yearning to cling to my guns....where was I?

Oh, yeah. For example: I didn't used to like Steve Taylor's Curses (from Squint) very much at all. But since I've become a husband and father it has become one of my favorite songs.

I'm interested to discover what audiological gems Darn Floor Big Bite holds for my crusty old soul that my young and stupid soul was too young and stupid to appreciate.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jsminch: 11-11-2008 23:42.

11-11-2008 23:41 jsminch is offline Send an Email to jsminch Search for Posts by jsminch Add jsminch to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: I'm bored, out of town, and I miss my family, so......... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"The Unattainable Earth" and the title track for me.
11-12-2008 00:49 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Sn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Safety Net hands down.

Cool lyrics, driving music, weird timing, ... Tim's bass!

11-12-2008 06:54 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
If I'm hazarding a guess, I'd say that other songs from this era that didn't quite make the cut stylistically or thematically wound up fitting better with The Eddies.

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i am interested...
i was hoping there would be more songs from that era that i have never heard before..
i listened to the little snippet there of sacred heart, and my only response was, "oh, i can see why they left that out..."
it just doesn't fit with the rest of the cd...
that's not to say i'm not gonna order it....
not gonna pre-order it...
we've already discussed that..... Shocked Crying

Big Grin Wink

The "Crime Wars" songs were made after Darn Floor, and were scrapped for "Lets Spin." I think they are the closest things to Darn Floor that I am aware of, as for being recorded close to the same time and sonically similar.

I think with every album, (almost), Terry might have a demo or two laying around of songs that didn't fit with the rest of the material. Such as "Sacred Heart". I know there are some Vox Humana demos that are pretty rough early things made by Terry and Rob. And Alarma had those two that were added to the original CD.

11-12-2008 09:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i am interested...
i was hoping there would be more songs from that era that i have never heard before..
i listened to the little snippet there of sacred heart, and my only response was, "oh, i can see why they left that out..."
it just doesn't fit with the rest of the cd...
that's not to say i'm not gonna order it....
not gonna pre-order it...
we've already discussed that..... Shocked Crying

Big Grin Wink

The "Crime Wars" songs were made after Darn Floor, and were scrapped for "Lets Spin." I think they are the closest things to Darn Floor that I am aware of, as for being recorded close to the same time and sonically similar.

I think with every album, (almost), Terry might have a demo or two laying around of songs that didn't fit with the rest of the material. Such as "Sacred Heart". I know there are some Vox Humana demos that are pretty rough early things made by Terry and Rob. And Alarma had those two that were added to the original CD.

What is the original cd? Mine is the one with the skip in the middle of one of the songs, from what, Refuge records or something? Was there an earlier pressing? Mine didn't have bonus songs.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ron E: 11-12-2008 10:22.

11-12-2008 10:21 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The Bonus songs were on the original Alarma CD. They were Alarma demos. No Vox Humana demos have been released so far.

11-12-2008 10:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Oh, now that I read it properly... that is what you said! Sorry for the confuzzledness.

11-12-2008 11:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Crime Horse Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Crime Horse songs I'm aware of (and have) are Like Lazarus and Stones Of Venice. Both were released on No Sense Of History, and Lazarus as a Berry Vest bonus.

I would be interested to see those VH demos, partly because I've always really liked Rob's work. I also wonder if there are any demos from Terry (and Greg) from the Fearful Symmetry sessions. I saw some musical overlap between FS and BftA, so it seems to me Greg's hand was heavy on it (like Rob's on VH.)

I have also seen no demos or extra cuts from some of the more recent recordings - Kalhoun, Bibleland, SotH. (I'm omitting Motorcycle because I have Motorcycle Tracks, and the Eddies because of the extras on Berry vest.)

11-12-2008 15:53 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Could Terry follow me around for a couple of days and write and perform songs just for me? I don't think that's a lot to ask. Also, I'd like some knick knacks from his house- maybe a yard gnome or a deck of playing cards he's used.

11-13-2008 08:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I see that the DFBB cd has a "CD-ROM" track. Is there a video or something if you put it in your computer?

11-13-2008 09:06 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I preordered and I want my yard gnome.

11-13-2008 09:21 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
Could Terry follow me around for a couple of days and write and perform songs just for me? I don't think that's a lot to ask. Also, I'd like some knick knacks from his house- maybe a yard gnome or a deck of playing cards he's used.

Just don't request a DNA sample, or he'll go faint on ya.
Shocked

11-13-2008 10:12 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Just don't request a DNA sample, or he'll go faint on ya.
Shocked
I'm pretty sure he's either my father or my son. Jim's helping me figure out which. I plan to get the DNA sample from the cards.

11-13-2008 12:05 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

we get yard gnomes?!?

great - when I got married my wife showed me a picture of her parents on some major wedding anniversary. they were deceased by that time... no, not when the photo was taken you dummy, when i got married... why do we say "I got married" like "I got shafted" like it was something that was done to us...
"she married me."
"oh, did it hurt?"
"just a little"

hmmm... oh yeah yard gnomes!!

i noticed in the photo a liberal sprinkling of nick nacks on some table top and made a comment. wifey says her mom had nick nacks all over the place.
after suffering a severe attack of hives i patiently explained to my wife why i do not like nick nacks, a kind of philosophical view, not at all trinitarian...
my idea of a suitable table top decoration is a large interesting rock.

so after 30 years i have to walk through the house sideways for fear of knocking some pink ceramic poodle into the fairy-in-a-tea-cup into the stoneware fruit basket - millions of dollars destroyed in a micro second...
in another 10 years it won't matter if i'm sideways or not.

now DA wants to give a me yard gnome... swell - will it look like Zoom Daddy?

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 11-13-2008 14:59.

11-13-2008 14:57 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

You're supposed to supply the yard gnomes, dancing son boy. What part of spread the wealth did you not understand?

11-13-2008 15:01 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Can I get the lawn gnomes of Zurich?
11-13-2008 15:03 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I see that the DFBB cd has a "CD-ROM" track. Is there a video or something if you put it in your computer?

Yes, there are a couple of bonus video clips. Probably not new to most on the board though. Just an added bonus.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-13-2008 15:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
we get yard gnomes?!?

great - when I got married my wife showed me a picture of her parents on some major wedding anniversary. they were deceased by that time... no, not when the photo was taken you dummy, when i got married... why do we say "I got married" like "I got shafted" like it was something that was done to us...
"she married me."
"oh, did it hurt?"
"just a little"

hmmm... oh yeah yard gnomes!!

i noticed in the photo a liberal sprinkling of nick nacks on some table top and made a comment. wifey says her mom had nick nacks all over the place.
after suffering a severe attack of hives i patiently explained to my wife why i do not like nick nacks, a kind of philosophical view, not at all trinitarian...
my idea of a suitable table top decoration is a large interesting rock.

so after 30 years i have to walk through the house sideways for fear of knocking some pink ceramic poodle into the fairy-in-a-tea-cup into the stoneware fruit basket - millions of dollars destroyed in a micro second...
in another 10 years it won't matter if i'm sideways or not.

now DA wants to give a me yard gnome... swell - will it look like Zoom Daddy?

You asked, "why do we say "I got married" like "I got shafted" like it was something that was done to us... " Then you answered your own question!

11-13-2008 21:35 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 22 23 [24] 25 26 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH