Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 28 29 [30] 31 32 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have thought about that but it gets tricky too, we buy postage through the business account for the websites. I am not sure how to set it up for someone else to ship things without us shipping them the supplies, the CDs, the postage, constantly. Without giving them access to the account, it seems like it would just add another step.

Generally we can stuff envelopes an hour or two a day, there are always reshipments and orders waiting on something we just ran out of. Emails and PMs to keep track of. Stuff the band needs for tours. When a new title comes out, or durring Christmas sales.. we can work all evening for several days in a row and still be behind. I remember Eric, my wife (actually it was a week before our wedding), our mother and I all stuffing Midgets in envelopes for two or three days. It's amazingly hard to get them to fit in those little bubblewrapped envelopes. Our small town post office gives us grief every time we go up there. I think they don't like to see us show up, so every time we do they have found a new rule that they say we need to comply with.

We all do have full time jobs as well.

We also don't want to sound as if we are complaining, we realize there are many fans out there like us that would be just as willing to do this kind of stuff for these guys. But beleive me, without the support of the fans and the guys friends, these bands would have a very hard time doing anything at all.

12-02-2008 09:25 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
We have thought about that but it gets tricky too, we buy postage through the business account for the websites. I am not sure how to set it up for someone else to ship things without us shipping them the supplies, the CDs, the postage, constantly. Without giving them access to the account, it seems like it would just add another step.

Generally we can stuff envelopes an hour or two a day, there are always reshipments and orders waiting on something we just ran out of. Emails and PMs to keep track of. Stuff the band needs for tours. When a new title comes out, or durring Christmas sales.. we can work all evening for several days in a row and still be behind. I remember Eric, my wife (actually it was a week before our wedding), our mother and I all stuffing Midgets in envelopes for two or three days. It's amazingly hard to get them to fit in those little bubblewrapped envelopes. Our small town post office gives us grief every time we go up there. I think they don't like to see us show up, so every time we do they have found a new rule that they say we need to comply with.

We all do have full time jobs as well.

We also don't want to sound as if we are complaining, we realize there are many fans out there like us that would be just as willing to do this kind of stuff for these guys. But beleive me, without the support of the fans and the guys friends, these bands would have a very hard time doing anything at all.
If you are using CD mailer size (0), there is a slightly larger size envelope you can buy that still fits CDs well but isn't so tight. I'll PM you if you're interested. I can tell you who I buy them from and you can go from there if you want.

12-02-2008 09:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Normally the size we get is fine.. like the current box we're using - no problems whatsoever. But every once and a while we'll get a box or two that are smaller than they should be... we had that happen when Midget first started shipping.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-02-2008 09:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Normally the size we get is fine.. like the current box we're using - no problems whatsoever. But every once and a while we'll get a box or two that are smaller than they should be... we had that happen when Midget first started shipping.
You'd think a midget would be smaller.

12-02-2008 09:50 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
You'd think a midget would be smaller.

Yeah, and it's not like a speck and a molecule take up much room, either.
12-02-2008 10:12 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well, its almost as if the Midgets don't want to be stuffed in the envelopes, sometimes it sure seemes that way.

Everytime I go to the basement and gather up a bunch of Midgets, I cringe at the struggle ahead of me.

And don't get me started on Mike, he has us shipping Boats, Crows, Buildings and Milk all over the place.

12-02-2008 10:58 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

one big bite

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-02-2008 11:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
You have to trust people with money, customer info, etc.,

for the record, i for one can be trusted with your money... please do not hesitate to send all you have, no large bills though, 10s and 20s are fine.

did i mention i'm liking this cd a bunch? i don't recall mentioning that, but if i did, well, don't let that stop you from sending all your money.

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 12-02-2008 15:29.

12-02-2008 15:27 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

I can't wait to get mine! Hearing about the new mastering sure sounds great. Maybe it'll be in the mail today...? Pleased

...why didn't I order two? Idiot!!

12-02-2008 15:40 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

cuz your not as smart as .
ME!

12-02-2008 15:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
for the record, i for one can be trusted with your money... please do not hesitate to send all you have, no large bills though, 10s and 20s are fine.

Everybody listen!

Sondance cannot be trusted with your precious cash. I repeat, Sondance CANNOT be trusted.

I, however, can be trusted. I'm an ordained minister.Got my own certificate and everything. And we all know how trustworthy they are! So, send what you were going to send to Sondance, to me. And I will make sure that it will make its way to my "Miracle Pocket", if Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor doesn't try to fish it out of there first! Shocked

Also, send me your copies of "Darn Floor.." for all of the needy this season who have not been able to see me own a copy of this classic!

12-02-2008 16:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

HIDE THE BEER!!

(if it's Henry's Private Reserve, that is, otherwise don't bother)

Psalm 119:83
12-02-2008 23:22 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

DA music is evil.

12-03-2008 08:24 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

The Pocket Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Marky Mark, I believe that every time you use the term "Miracle Pocket" you have to send Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor all of your money. Therefore, anyone else who is reading this don't send your money to Marky Mark or it will get right into the pocket of Dr. Taylor. Do you really want to support so much negative fruit. Instead send it to me so that I can buy multiple copies of Darn Floor Big Bite and bask in the fact that I am putting an album that deserves great recognition on the billboard top 100. So send me your money! Oh, did I mention I am a youth minister, we can really be trusted with your money. God bless!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-03-2008 13:06 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Music ministers are evil and youth ministers are worse.

I'm kidding, OK? I like some people, really!

12-03-2008 13:34 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
I believe that every time you use the term "Miracle Pocket" you have to send Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor all of your money.

You got any Bible verses to prove that?!?!??

quote:
Instead send it to me so that I can buy multiple copies of Darn Floor Big Bite

No, no, NO! I need it so I can buy multiple copies of DFBB for the musically needy (i.e., ME!)

I believe we have a false prophet here!!!!! A prophet for profit!!!!! Tongue

12-03-2008 14:29 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:

I agree. That's why I'm a WORSHIP minister. Big difference! Tongue

12-03-2008 14:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

When I was a Worship leader (for a number of years) the kids got in the habit of asking before service..

"Are you songboy tonight?"

it puts the calling in its proper place.

12-03-2008 15:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

can I see the list?

12-03-2008 15:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:

can I see the list?
No, songboy

12-03-2008 15:33 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 28 29 [30] 31 32 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH