Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 20 21 [22] 23 24 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://music.shop.ebay.com/items/Music__...cQQ_sacatZ11233

1 bid at $49.95 with $3 shipping

1 buy it now at $60

maybe the sellers do know a reissue is coming out? last i saw, that is about what motorcycle was selling for and dfbb was more than that. Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-07-2008 18:53 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...&condition=used

used $35 -$100

looks like the original songs will be available as MP3 downloads for $8.99 Shocked
(but probably not the bonus disc)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...&condition=used

i guess we will see how many of the fans really want the hard copy real-thing. i guess it wouldn't really be a fair comparison though, because it looks like the bonus CD will not be available as download.

Got a few miles left ...

11-07-2008 18:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Insanity.
11-07-2008 20:09 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I never sell my music, I just keep it forever. If anything I have has collector-value, I'd never cash in on it. I also foolishly throw away jewel cases so I keep my CDs in boxes. It's all about space.

Another thing, and this is really foolish, I suppose- I usually just record me new CD onto a MP3 file and keep it on a computer and on an aanthology CD of mine- like I have one Sam phillips with all the albums of hers I could find on it, one DA, one LD, etc, etc. I have like 120 mandolin CDs on MP3 files across about 11 CDs...

I can't get over the talent and diversity of style that Terry Taylor has. He can make a very humorous SE CD and still the musical mastery shines through. It's canny.

11-08-2008 00:36 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ubique Epoque

not un-canny, eh?

did you get started with MP3 at 128kbps or what?

Got a few miles left ...

11-08-2008 09:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in my car a lot of times i play an mp3 cd that has all the best da/swirling eddies....
no, 100 songs is not enough.... Crying

Cool
11-08-2008 10:09 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Since Arena Rock had to license Darn Floor, they really need every sale they (ArenaRock & DanielAmos.com) can get to recoup, not to mention Terry/DA getting their cut after its all paid for. (If they don't recoup, that really would deter them or anyone else from taking on another project like this one.)

We just got a prerelease copy, it does sound better. The artwork is lot more expansive. And the bonus material is pretty cool, it includes demos from the Darn Floor process and an interview with Terry talking about how the album came about, and other stuff.

I believe they remastered the album from the original multitracks. Usuing technology from 2008 vs technology from 1987 will make a substantial difference in the mastering process. The place they used to transfer the tapes is one that we have used before. About a year ago they upgraded everything. They also master albums for a lot of big name bands.

I would imagine, based on the prerelease copies, the CD will be ready for 'preorder' or sale very soon.

As for physical CD vs download numbers, everything put on itunes by these bands so far has not been worth it. They have performed very poorly in that area. Most of their fans are middle aged, less than tech savy people.

11-08-2008 10:31 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Darn Floor - Big Bite [ENHANCED] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]

Disc: 1
1. Return the Beat Menace
2. Strange Animals
3. Darn Floor-Big Bite
4. Earth Household
5. Safety Net
6. Pictures of the Gone World
7. Divine Instant
8. Half Light, Epoch and Phase
9. The Unattainable Earth
10. The Shape of Air

Disc: 2
1. The Unattainable Earth
2. Return the Beat Menace
3. Safety Net [Live at Cornerstone 1998]
4. Interview with Terry Taylor: Concept - Daniel Amos (DA),
5. Interview with Terry Taylor: Music with Cassette Demos - Daniel Amos (DA),
6. Interview with Terry Taylor: Lyrics - Daniel Amos (DA),
7. Interview with Terry Taylor: Recording - Daniel Amos (DA),
8. Interview with Terry Taylor: The Band - Daniel Amos (DA),
9. Interview with Terry Taylor: Looking Back - Daniel Amos (DA),
10. Pictures of the Gone World
11. The Shape of Air [Live at Cornerstone 2000]
12. Half Light, Epoch and Phase
13. Darn Floor-Big Bite [Live at Cornerstone 1988]
14. The Unattainable Earth [Live at Cornerstone 1988]
15. Sacred Heart

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-08-2008 14:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That's still a fine lookin' tracklist.
11-09-2008 08:13 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy

so, once again.......
buy the re-issue, mountain fan!!! Mad

Tongue Pleased Big Grin

Cool
11-09-2008 10:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Be the first to own it! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just sent to the DA News list...

>> DARN FLOOR - BIG BITE 20th Anniversary

As many of you have already heard, DA's ahead-of-its-time 1987 release, "Darn Floor Big Bite," is returning as a Deluxe 2 CD set on November 25, 2008. The entire album has been remastered from the original master tapes and includes 20 pages of brand new artwork and photos, interviews, and plenty of bonus material. The Deluxe Reissue, which is being released through a joint effort between Stunt Records and Arena Rock Recording Co. is now available for preorder at www.DanielAmos.com!

(Note: This is a limited preorder. Only 250 copies are available prior to the release date. Preorders through the Daniel Amos webstore will ship immediately from the distributor before orders from other websites)

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-10-2008 01:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Just sent to the DA News list...

>> DARN FLOOR - BIG BITE 20th Anniversary

As many of you have already heard, DA's ahead-of-its-time 1987 release, "Darn Floor Big Bite," is returning as a Deluxe 2 CD set on November 25, 2008. The entire album has been remastered from the original master tapes and includes 20 pages of brand new artwork and photos, interviews, and plenty of bonus material. The Deluxe Reissue, which is being released through a joint effort between Stunt Records and Arena Rock Recording Co. is now available for preorder at www.DanielAmos.com!

(Note: This is a limited preorder. Only 250 copies are available prior to the release date. Preorders through the Daniel Amos webstore will ship immediately from the distributor before orders from other websites)

Ordered it right after getting the e-mail. Big Grin
11-10-2008 01:34 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can you order it directly through arena rock? Confused

Cool
11-10-2008 09:04 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Not yet I don't think. This particular pre-release-date preorder deal is exclusive to DanielAmos.com .

Other websites doing preorders won't ship until after the release date.

11-10-2008 09:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Okay, just ordered it. I'll be sitting out by my mailbox....
11-10-2008 10:34 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Darn Floor - Big Bite [ENHANCED] [ORIGINAL RECORDING REMASTERED]

Disc: 1
1. Return the Beat Menace
2. Strange Animals
3. Darn Floor-Big Bite
4. Earth Household
5. Safety Net
6. Pictures of the Gone World
7. Divine Instant
8. Half Light, Epoch and Phase
9. The Unattainable Earth
10. The Shape of Air

Disc: 2
1. The Unattainable Earth
2. Return the Beat Menace
3. Safety Net [Live at Cornerstone 1998]
4. Interview with Terry Taylor: Concept - Daniel Amos (DA),
5. Interview with Terry Taylor: Music with Cassette Demos - Daniel Amos (DA),
6. Interview with Terry Taylor: Lyrics - Daniel Amos (DA),
7. Interview with Terry Taylor: Recording - Daniel Amos (DA),
8. Interview with Terry Taylor: The Band - Daniel Amos (DA),
9. Interview with Terry Taylor: Looking Back - Daniel Amos (DA),
10. Pictures of the Gone World
11. The Shape of Air [Live at Cornerstone 2000]
12. Half Light, Epoch and Phase
13. Darn Floor-Big Bite [Live at Cornerstone 1988]
14. The Unattainable Earth [Live at Cornerstone 1988]
15. Sacred Heart

any more "disching" on the Disc 2 extras? what are the ones not noted as cornerstone '88? alternate mixes? acoustic demos?

is sacred heart the only song we have never heard before - on any official release anyway? Confused

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 11-10-2008 11:37.

11-10-2008 11:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy

so, once again.......
buy the re-issue, mountain fan!!! Mad

Tongue Pleased Big Grin

well, i guess i'm not on the official DA list and it wasn't important enough to also send it out to the LD list, because i think i am on that one.

i don't think i will be in the first 250 (no "signing" bonus, you just get it a little earlier - right?!), but maybe i'll join in later via other outlets if enough people say it really is worth it. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

11-10-2008 11:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
any more "disching" on the Disc 2 extras? what are the ones not noted as cornerstone '88? alternate mixes? acoustic demos?

is sacred heart the only song we have never heard before - on any official release anyway? Confused

Disc two is a mixture of early rough demos, some of the band's early rough tracks with Terry's rough vocals/lyrics, and alternate versions and mixes. The live tracks are the only ones that people may have heard before. Sacred Heart is a demo of never-before-heard song.

DA & 77s announcements are almost never sent out to the Lost Dogs news list. We get complaints any time we have much crossover. People should be on all three lists if they want news on all three bands.

11-10-2008 11:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

thx. fair enough. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

11-10-2008 11:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I pre-ordered this morning. Nice to know it's on the way.
11-10-2008 12:41 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 20 21 [22] 23 24 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH