Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now if we can only get Larry to do a cover of Strange Animals... Tongue

10-04-2007 19:59 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Dave Ramsey doesn't tell you that you can't spend money, he just tells you that you need to tell your money where to go. I think your money needs to go to DA.

Yup. Maybe Dave's a DA fan.

So, I'll have to save up. My wife does think it's worthwhile. At C-Stone, we spent money we probably shouldn't have on some DA/Dogs stuff, but it was worth it, and she likes all these guys (DA, SE, 77's, LD) as much as I do.

If this reissue is anything like the Daniel Amos reissue, I'm in. I really would like all the albums in reissue form with bonus tracks, and since I only have Daniel Amos, Horrendous Disc (w/ no bonus tracks), Songs of the Heart and Mr. Buechner's Dream, I guess I have a long way to go. Oh yeah, and I also have the "greatest hits" compilation. It's a good sampler, but doesn't even come close to covering DA's career.

10-04-2007 23:00 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Count me in......Financial Peace or not (Financial Conflict)

10-04-2007 23:11 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

You just tell me where to sign, pal

10-04-2007 23:22 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Darn Floor - Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition

Some potential bonus material has been located... not sure how much is there yet, but we're all looking into it. Should be a nice reissue. Happy

Where do I pay? Happy

10-05-2007 10:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by snowblind
Decisions decisions... I've got the original issue on CD, but if the goodies are pretty awesome, I may have to invest the anniversary edition too! Cool

Me too, but I am buying it.

You know it's gonna sound better all remasterd and stuff! Pleased

10-05-2007 10:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Well, I'm excited about this. After hearing people like Dennis (who has great taste in music from what I can tell) rave about this disc, I cannot wait. My wife and I are doing "Financial Peace University" right now, so our budget is going to be tight from now on. I have $1 a week going into my "blow fund", so I will save up, and maybe by the time I have enough, this reissue will be out.

Good job, Townsends!!!!!

Whoa... have you never heard this disc??? Shocked

(Thanks for the props by the way! Smile ) )

10-05-2007 10:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

DFBB 20th is great news! Pleased

haven't been here in awhile now ... Frown

The pessimist in me says I still need to make DFBB my first cassette-to-MP3 project with Audigy, though. Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-05-2007 15:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

The pessimist in me says I still need to make DFBB my first cassette-to-MP3 project with Audigy, though. Red Face Big Grin

Licensing is already out of the way... thats generally the hard (and expensive) part. Should be down hill from here.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-05-2007 18:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Whoa... have you never heard this disc???

Never. In fact, I haven't heard most of the Daniel Amos catalog, so keep the reissues coming!

10-05-2007 23:36 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Administrator

RE: Awww Yeah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
By the way which version of the CD artwork will you use or will you create something completely new?

I'm sure it'll be a mix of old and new.. the goal with our reissue series has been to include all original artwork, but also bring it up to date a bit and include previously unpublished photos, etc. Since this is being released through a secondary company - they'll have more control over the look and feel than with another release, but hopefully they'll understand why we've been wanting to do that.

The company in question is the mainstream/indie label Arena Rock Recording Co. (ARRCo).. home to the Autumn Defense (John Stirratt and Pat Sansone of Wilco), Superdrag and other artists.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-06-2007 16:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

There's not much calendar left if it's really gonna be a 20th anniversary edition?!

Christmas presents or next April Fools?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-06-2007 21:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Arena Rock Recording Co...

This particular element is the most awesome part of the whole thing as it will take the disc right in the middle of the indie rock thing and, hopefully, will stir up new interest in this Amos guy.
10-06-2007 22:02 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

quote:
There's not much calendar left if it's really gonna be a 20th anniversary edition?!

Well... artwork is being put together... bonus tracks are being located.. Arena Rock has a target release date...

The main thing that could really capsize it at this time would be Arena Rock deciding they wanted to throw their money out the window and not release it... or I suppose if they wanted to push it back for some reason. But, they've already added "Daniel Amos" to their list of artists at Myspace and on Wikipedia, so I'm guessing they're looking forward to it.

10-06-2007 22:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:

Well... artwork is being put together... bonus tracks are being located.. Arena Rock has a target release date...

The main thing that could really capsize it at this time would be Arena Rock deciding they wanted to throw their money out the window and not release it... or I suppose if they wanted to push it back for some reason. But, they've already added "Daniel Amos" to their list of artists at Myspace and on Wikipedia, so I'm guessing they're looking forward to it.

That's very cool......DFBB is timeless....Arena Rock should pimp it as new music to a new audience....quality product..... Cool

10-07-2007 00:20 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Arena Rock Recording Co.....thats pretty awesome!
10-07-2007 04:27 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

It would be awesome if it netted the band some serious well deserved bucks, too.

10-07-2007 14:04 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

audioris:

Is this version going to be remastered? The original on CD is said to be a bit flat. If I recall correctly, 'Unattainable Earth' was remastered for Dr. DET, and has more of a fuller sound.

Any info on how Arena Rock became involved in this?
10-08-2007 22:27 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

We had the first album remastered when we made the special edition, I would think Terry would probably want it remastered.

10-08-2007 22:34 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

If I remember correctly, for the original release of DFBB, some CD's had graphics on the CD and others didn't. I have the one with the bluish graphics.

10-08-2007 22:58 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH