Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rippin' Richie Rippin' Richie is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-22-2008

I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So the other day I was surfing the radio dial and let it stop on this old timey sounding Baptist preacher. He sounded kinda like Dr Edward Daniel Taylor, but tons of preachers sound like that.

But then, at the end of his sermon, this guy came on and HOLY SMOKES, he sounded like Little Dumbo!

And guess who he was? The preacher's son!! And he was selling religious nics nacs!!!

I set the station to a preset so I could hopefully hear the show again, and sure enough, it came on this evening and my son got to hear it as well. He couldn't believe it!

The preacher's name is Dr Oliver B Greene and his son took over the ministry after he died (yes, over his dead body!!)

The son is a lawyer just up the road from me!!

Wow!

I will record a portion of the show so you guys can hear it. I did a Google search and I don't think anyone else has discovered this.
10-26-2008 21:16 Rippin' Richie is offline Homepage of Rippin' Richie Search for Posts by Rippin' Richie Add Rippin' Richie to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you're from SC.
this news really surprised me Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-27-2008 08:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Thread Starter Thread Started by Rippin' Richie
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, here's the mp3. It's just under 4 minutes and it's 4.5 MB.

The Real Little Dumbo
10-27-2008 17:06 Rippin' Richie is offline Homepage of Rippin' Richie Search for Posts by Rippin' Richie Add Rippin' Richie to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

dood- you got it right-this absolutely could NOT be made up.

Especially!

well - cut my head off!

and the son is just too true to be true!

a "gift" of at least 30 dollars....is a gift a specified amount?

my Lord- this commercial is longer than anything else.!
you'll love the "feel" of this bible!

dude! you left off the address to send my "gift!"

If I scoffed a bit at this thread- my hat is in my hand now.
this- is a keeper!

10-27-2008 19:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I gave the thread a thumbs up- my most honorable tag. 8-)

10-27-2008 19:28 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

That is great

10-28-2008 03:03 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

We were listening to him in the van just now and he said that Jesus' body is just flesh and bone, no blood.

How does he know that?

Because the Bible says that flesh and blood will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

I'm not kidding, he actually said that.

And one of the offers today was a CD about Christmas. No joke.
11-20-2008 20:51 Rippin' Richie is offline Homepage of Rippin' Richie Search for Posts by Rippin' Richie Add Rippin' Richie to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

yall gotta hear that dude

11-21-2008 07:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I'm surprised y'all haven't heard him before. He's been around for years, heck, he's been dead for years and he's still around. He was obviously the subject of the parody in the first place.

Don't you yankees have radios?

11-21-2008 09:18 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

after an entire CD based on the East End Radio Shop
you ask me that question?

Im hurt.

11-21-2008 09:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
after an entire CD based on the East End Radio Shop
you ask me that question?

Im hurt.
That's one. Who's next?

11-21-2008 10:08 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked RE: I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/...ndy.wupw?hpt=T2

Cool
12-17-2010 12:19 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

RE: I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey

I saw that one here: Christian Nightmares

12-17-2010 18:16 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

This is him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvvqdkaTHO4
09-18-2011 22:40 Rippin' Richie is offline Homepage of Rippin' Richie Search for Posts by Rippin' Richie Add Rippin' Richie to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

That is him!
09-19-2011 18:35 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Yeah, little Dumbo just doesn't have the vocal skills of his old man. "At least, a $30.00 donation."

Tongue

09-19-2011 22:38 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ladies and gentlemen, today i present you with offer #999...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2...9-9-9_plan.html

Cool
10-12-2011 12:52 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I am not a huge Bachmann fan, but that was funny.
10-12-2011 13:02 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

me neither, but yes! Tongue

Cool
10-12-2011 14:41 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

RE: I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by joey

I saw that one here: Christian Nightmares

living proof no nut case is too crazy for the kingdom of God...

OHH! as soon as i typed that my PC started buzzing morse code. that's it, i'm out of here, i'm sleeping with the hogs and their little pet rat friend who cleans up their leftovers tonight, at least i know who i'm dealing with... this PC is possessed!

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 10-12-2011 22:02.

10-12-2011 22:01 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I heard the real life Little Dumbo on the radio!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH