Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 3 favorite dog songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 3 favorite dog songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

3 favorite dog songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know, another "what is your favorite..." thread. But I have a little time on my hands this summer and I find this sort of thing fun--and I'm always interested to see what everyone's opinions are and we all agree there really is no best when it comes to DA/TST/Eddies and Dog's huge louvre and it's just entertaining, so---I was inspired by the recent favorite dog album thread and listened to their recorded output in chronological order. (Though I still need to get Lost Cabin. When I can afford it...). These 3 songs stuck out for some reason on this listen and were my 3 faves:

1. Last testament of Angus Shane (gorgeous. And Gene's voice--wow. His voice stopped time.)
2. Sweet Work of Love (had forgotten how much this one ROCKED! loved how they each took a verse)
3. In the Distance (Beautiful song. Builds great momentum. Reminded me of Angus Shane.)
08-09-2008 17:58 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just my favorite three?
Hummm....
Ok, here we go, in no particular order:
1) Blessing in Disguise
2) Real Men Cry
3) Come Down Here

08-09-2008 18:04 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Narrowing it down to three is impossible, but these are the first ones that came to mind:

1. Amber Waves Goodbye
2. Eleanor, It's Raining Now
3. Rebecca Go Home
08-09-2008 19:19 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

top five off the top of my head. No order. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Eleanor, It's Raining Now
Last testament of Angus Shane
Mexico
Jimmy
Bush League

08-09-2008 21:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by George
RE: top five off the top of my head. No order. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ah, a couple of Eleanor it's Raining Nows. I love that one too. I bought Little Red Riding Hood at the Sonshine Festival in Wilmar, MN just before it was released to stores, I believe, and that song was my immediate favorite. (Bought Adam Again's DIG there too, by the way--which I loved as well. Great festival--if I recall, the Dogs, DA, Eddies, and Adam Again all played shows.)
08-09-2008 21:51 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

You don't hear too much talk about the Sonshine Festival.
Sounds like a good year to have gone.

08-10-2008 01:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by George

Yep. You know, come to think of it, I think the 77s played as well.
08-10-2008 08:12 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Three more that are just as worthy as my other picks:

1. I Can't Say Goodbye
2. Smokescreen
3. All That Remains
08-10-2008 15:02 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

that is a bit tuff

OK - fer now?

Bullet Train
Breathe Deep
Jesus Loves You Brian Wilson.

uhm , and Ghost Train to Nowhere. Cool

now everyone else add that song you forgot, too.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-11-2008 08:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

1. Imagine That
2. Sweet Work of Love
3. Ghost Train to Nowhere
08-12-2008 09:07 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Fav Dog Tunes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is sooo hard to come up with but right now, off the cuff

I can't say Goodbye
Eleanor It's Raining
Broken Like Brooklyn
08-14-2008 23:56 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 3 favorite dog songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH