Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous on sale » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Horrendous on sale
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hugo
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 08-26-2007

Horrendous on sale Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

on ebay.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hugo: 07-30-2008 12:46.

07-30-2008 12:38 Hugo is offline Search for Posts by Hugo Add Hugo to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hands off, Dennis. It's mine! Mad

Although it has been in a Packer fan's home, so the value is definitely diminished.

Tongue

07-30-2008 13:26 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice.

07-30-2008 15:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I bet you own one already.

07-30-2008 16:12 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I do not.

07-30-2008 17:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

H3ll, my wife wouldn't let me buy it anyway!! Tongue

... some horsepucky about feeding the kids, or something, I dunno...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 07-30-2008 17:41.

07-30-2008 17:38 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

The 10" colored-vinyl disc is the one mentioned in the "Angry Young Men" CCM article - one side is 33-1/3 rpm, but the other side is only playable at 78 rpm.
07-30-2008 19:40 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am sure dennis has a 78 rpm player.... Big Grin

bobd

07-30-2008 19:48 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Too bad it won't play those "new fangled" records! Shocked

07-31-2008 04:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
The 10" colored-vinyl disc is the one mentioned in the "Angry Young Men" CCM article - one side is 33-1/3 rpm, but the other side is only playable at 78 rpm.

My bad - it was, rather, the "Whatever Happened To..." article.
07-31-2008 07:52 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Woo-hoo! Cool

08-05-2008 18:46 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Congratulations, Doc.

Hey, when it arrives, let us know if it comes with the two-panel insert with the mock interview on the back that accompanied original pressings.
08-05-2008 19:50 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thanks. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will. Pleased

08-05-2008 21:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Wow, congratulations! Cool
08-06-2008 10:27 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Now you're talkin' 'bout the Holy Vinyl! Tongue

08-06-2008 10:44 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Yup. Pleased

I have been giggling like a school girl about it last night and all day today.

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-06-2008 16:26.

08-06-2008 16:25 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

doppelgänger white label Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-08-2008 00:25.

08-08-2008 00:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: doppelgänger white label Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Congratulations on obtaining this very limited edition of the Daniel Amos classic, Doppelganger-the Alarma! Chronicles Volume II. These white label pressings have been signed and numbered by the band and packaged with all the materials that were included with the original edition. The album was recorded in 1982 and was intended for release that same year but problems with the photography and the cover art delayed the release for almost a year. Finally, the summer of 1983 saw the long-awaited arrival of part two of the Alarma! Chronicles. Doppelganger was arguably the most creative expression of "art" in the genre of "christian" rock. Between the cutting edge music, the profound spiritual concepts in the lyrics and the text, the packaging of the record itself, and the multi-media effects in the live concert, the Doppelganger era of Daniel Amos was a watershed for the total integration of concept and media in modern music. No photo of the band was included with the record because they wanted to make full use of the space with the conceptual photography. The photograph above is a very rare band shot from that period. Jerry Chamberlain had already left the group, and they are from left to right: Milo Carter, Tim Chandler, Terry Taylor, Rob Watson and Rd McTaggert. Milo played guitar on a number of dates when he wasn't playing with his own band, The Lucky Stiffs, who just happened to be Tim Chandler on bass and Steve Hindalong of the Choir on drums! How's that for trivia. We hope this special item will be a welcome addition to your DA collection. Enjoy.

08-08-2008 00:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: doppelgänger white label Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

08-08-2008 00:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

This is definitely your month, Dr. Rich. Congratulations again!
08-08-2008 11:30 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Horrendous on sale

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH