Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Actually, that is one of the Dogs' albums that I don't own, so that would explain why I'd never heard the song before.

And you call yourself a fan. Wink

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-24-2008 17:11 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess the song choice was appropriate after all. It's kind of like how Terry ended the "Daniel Amos Chat #2" with, and I quote, "Huh?"

So Bad Indegestion fits very well on a radio show that is--well, really--bad indegestion.

07-24-2008 17:13 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
And you call yourself a fan

Yeah, I know. Shame on me!

07-24-2008 17:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:
I heard a few seconds of Bad Indegestion.

Are you talking about the radio show or the song from Little Red Riding Hood? Pleased

Actually, that is one of the Dogs' albums that I don't own, so that would explain why I'd never heard the song before.

You don't own Little Red Riding Hood??!! Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-24-2008 17:22.

07-24-2008 17:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
You don't own Little Red Riding Hood??!!

Yeah, I know, it's shocking. We'll, I've only been listening to DA for about 8 years, and the Lost Dogs maybe 5. So, while I'd love to own Little Red Riding Hood, it hasn't been a priority. It would probably be number 10 (or so) if I had a list of albums I'd like to purchase. But right now money is tight. Hopefully, someday, I'll own it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 07-24-2008 17:27.

07-24-2008 17:27 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

I just downloaded the show and listened to it. While I'm glad Mike and Terry got the airtime, it was like the amateur hour. They hardly got any info out due to the host's cell phone ringing, his blabbering about his deceased wife, and an attitude of "not really caring who these guys are".

Too bad. They played a little of "Bad Indigestion", and it probably wasn't the best song to highlight, but I've always liked it, and they do play it live.

All in all, it was almost a waste of their time. But hey, any publicity is good. I just hope more than 5 people were listening!
07-24-2008 17:30 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
You don't own Little Red Riding Hood??!!

Yeah, I know, it's shocking. We'll, I've only been listening to DA for about 8 years, and the Lost Dogs maybe 5. So, while I'd love to own Little Red Riding Hood, it hasn't been a priority. It would probably be number 10 (or so) if I had a list of albums I'd like to purchase. But right now money is tight. Hopefully, someday, I'll own it.

When you buy it, be sure to steer clear of the M8 version.

07-24-2008 18:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:

I bought this at C-Stone (it was cheap) just to see what all the complaining was about. It's weird, because it almost sounds like a different mix, and also like a recording that hasn't been mastered (or properly mastered). Still, glad to have the 2nd disc, and hear the rehearsal of "Rocky Mountain Mines", and the studio banter.

07-24-2008 19:29 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Senor Gomez... Truth Don't Lie! ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:

I bought this at C-Stone (it was cheap) just to see what all the complaining was about. It's weird, because it almost sounds like a different mix, and also like a recording that hasn't been mastered (or properly mastered). Still, glad to have the 2nd disc, and hear the rehearsal of "Rocky Mountain Mines", and the studio banter.

I have it too. It is nice for the Pray where you are disc.

Still it would be a bummer to have it as your only copy.
Which I did, for a number of years.

If you are seeking out LRRH, get the real deal!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-24-2008 19:55.

07-24-2008 19:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
If you are seeking out LRRH, get the real deal!

Thanks for the heads up!!

07-24-2008 19:55 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I think LRRH is maybe my favorite Dogs CD.
Scenic Routes would be the contender for the top spot, Dogs wise.

07-24-2008 20:03 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I think LRRH is maybe my favorite Dogs CD.
Scenic Routes would be the contender for the top spot, Dogs wise.

What he said.

07-25-2008 08:15 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

OK, looking at the Lost Dogs Myspace page, they'll be in Holbrook, AZ in Wednesday, Septemeber 24th. Being five hours away on a Wednesday--well, let's just say I can't make it. But they'll be in Santa Monica on Saturday the 27th, and that's a seven hour drive away on a weekend, which is something I can do. And--get this--my wife wants to go! (Plus, we have family in the L.A. basin that we could stay the night with).
Anyone planning on seeing these guys at the pier?

07-29-2008 21:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
OK, looking at the Lost Dogs Myspace page, they'll be in Holbrook, AZ in Wednesday, Septemeber 24th. Being five hours away on a Wednesday--well, let's just say I can't make it. But they'll be in Santa Monica on Saturday the 27th, and that's a seven hour drive away on a weekend, which is something I can do. And--get this--my wife wants to go! (Plus, we have family in the L.A. basin that we could stay the night with).
Anyone planning on seeing these guys at the pier?

quite possibly. Big Grin

08-13-2008 22:24 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

^I'm jealous. Shocked

Of people who get to go to a concert with wes! Big Grin

08-13-2008 22:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

If they had the beach concert on Sunday, I could go, but our neighbor's eldest dauther is getting married on Saturday across the creek from us. If I chose the dogs over that wedding, I think the foundations of another wedding (some 24 years old) would be terribly shaken.
08-13-2008 23:05 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

Shocked

08-13-2008 23:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Dennis, you don't think I would be so foolish, do you?
Hopefully the beach party will rage on for more than a day, and I can catch the second half?
08-13-2008 23:11 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! You are no fool. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A two day ragin' party?

Hopefully! Pleased

08-13-2008 23:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Just imagine a kickass version of Burn It Up following the sun into the Pacific and out of the hills...Well, maybe Get Me Ready.
08-13-2008 23:21 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Pages (12): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH