Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BethJ BethJ is a female
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-09-2008

The Lost Dogs on Route 66 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An American Band on The American Road

Michael Roe, Terry Scott Taylor, Derri Daugherty and Steve Hindalong are The Lost Dogs. The super group is best known for their beautiful three-part harmony, guitar expertise, and easy, down-to-earth, crowd-pleasing banter that reflects their individual, yet highly complimentary, personalities.

Over the past thirty years, these veteran travelers, who are counted among the best musicians in the business, have separately and collectively performed innumerable concerts throughout America and Europe. Since the formation of The Lost Dogs in 1992, they have joined forces to produce nine critically acclaimed albums of Americana-style music, while continuing with their individual musical endeavors.

Taking a cue from lyrics penned for the title song off their debut album, the Lost Dogs will once again be taking the ‘Scenic Routes’. September will find them traversing The Mother Road in a pursuit to rediscover an America gone but not forgotten, which now seems more alive in the imagination than reality. More than just an itching of four aging and wandering spirits, the journey they take will be a search for artistic inspiration along America’s most iconic highway.

Whether sharing a cup of joe with a stranger at Dixie Truckers Home or playing for tips on a street corner in Santa Fe their adventures will be captured in film and songs written on the road then recorded and released as their next studio album with an accompanying documentary of their journey. Emphasis will be placed on their various encounters and interviews with the uniquely fascinating people found along Route 66. The band will travel by RV and trade in the comforts of three star hotels for the simple pleasure of a campfire shared with friends.

In true Lost Dogs style they are offering fans several unusual opportunities to participate in the experience with them. A GPS unit, provided by BrickHouse Security, will allow fans to go online and watch the bands every move in real-time or even get in their cars, come out and travel along with them for a few miles. Video blogs will be posted on their website so fans can watch as their experiences are transformed into a musical narrative of the Mother Road.

Fans will also be afforded the chance to get involved with several tour support opportunities. From donating money to have their names included in the credit roll of the DVD, to purchasing items from the tour including the Waterstone guitars the band will use while on the road. The tour will end with a beach party at the Santa Monica pier, where the band will share new songs and clips from the road.

Come join the Dogs lost on Route 66 as the journey becomes the music.

September 12-27, 2008

www.thelostdogs.com

myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic

Management: Linda A. Miller Linda@lamconcerts.com

Production by: Take 2 Productions Beth@take2productions.net

Guitars provided by: Waterstone Guitars www.waterstoneguitars.com

GPS services by: BrickHouse Security www.brickhousesecurity.com

For more information or to help with tour support you can go to the Lost Dogs website or their myspace. The boys are very excited about this project finally coming to life but they need your help to make it happen. They'll be posting video blogs beginning in early September about the tour and will have new vlogs as they head down the road from Chicago to the Pacific.

If you'd like to come out and visit them on the road they will be traveling in this Tioga RV, California License 5dcp997:

Beth Jahnsen
Take 2 Productions
www.take2productions.net

07-09-2008 02:46 BethJ is offline Send an Email to BethJ Homepage of BethJ Search for Posts by BethJ Add BethJ to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

4 guys traveling cross-country in an RV? I predict 2 things:

1) the creation and discovery of fascinating new odors, and;

2) the imminent breakup of the band.

Tongue
07-09-2008 08:01 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I CALL SHOTGUN!
07-09-2008 09:51 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Who's sleeping above the cab?

07-09-2008 09:57 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Is this new management for the Dogs?

07-09-2008 09:59 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

07-09-2008 10:01 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I'm really hoping that they'll be in Flagstaff on a Sunday or Monday, because I just might be able to see them.

Do you think they'll play Glory Road?

quote:
4 guys traveling cross-country in an RV? I predict...the imminent breakup of the band.

Oh, gosh, I hope not. Someone should tell them to refrain from refried beans, should they stop at a Mexican restaurant.

07-09-2008 13:10 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

i wonder if the only refrains they indulge are in their songs

a pot of baked beans, another of frijoles, a gallon of grandma's bean salad, a bonfire and an impromptu cover of "Light My Fire" could make for some stunning video... i'd almost preorder something like that

Psalm 119:83
07-09-2008 14:54 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

or it could be a "skimmy end o summer trip" for 4 old guys who just wanna have a bit o fun.

I'd go in a heartbeat.

I only drove 66 once-in 01-hit it in Kingman AZ, coming down from Vegas-drove east to the Flagstaff turn (going to the Canyon). It really rises from low and straight to beautiful pines and rolling hills in that area.
I did listen to GRS on the highway as we went.
Grand time

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-09-2008 23:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

07-10-2008 02:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

They better do Glory Road.
I think a re-release of Scenic Routes should be done leading up to the tour & add it to the merch inventory for the road.
Songs Of The Heart should be pimped, as well.

Cool

07-10-2008 02:22 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
They better do Glory Road.
I think a re-release of Scenic Routes should be done leading up to the tour & add it to the merch inventory for the road.
Songs Of The Heart should be pimped, as well.

Cool

Right on. How's this: Re-release Scenic Routes w/xtras & release Songs of the Heart on 200g vinyl. Smile

07-10-2008 07:52 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Is this new management for the Dogs?

No...

jeffrey k.

07-10-2008 08:53 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

RE: The Lost Dogs on Route 66 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BethJ

Management: Linda A. Miller Linda@lamconcerts.com

She has been doing it for quite a while now.

07-10-2008 10:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
She has been doing it for quite a while now.

Well, I knew that. Just wondering what role Take 2 plays, since they seem to be doing what LAM has done. Just curious. Either way, this tour/DVD/CD sounds great to me!

07-10-2008 10:51 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Take 2 is behind and orchestrating this Route 66 tour/album/DVD, they can answer more specifically. But thats the way I understand it.

07-10-2008 14:31 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterdox
Right on. How's this: Re-release Scenic Routes w/xtras & release Songs of the Heart on 200g vinyl. Smile

Now you're just talking dirty! Pleased

07-10-2008 18:54 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Rar! Cool

07-11-2008 00:11 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Tongue

07-11-2008 07:47 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

ROUTE 66 September 12-27, 2008 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry penned this scheme years ago and now it's a reality. We thank Beth from Take 2 Productions for coming alongside to invest in this project.

In true Lost Dogs style they are offering fans several unusual opportunities to participate in the experience with them. A GPS unit, provided by BrickHouse Security, will allow fans to go online and watch the band's every move in real-time or even get in their cars, come out and travel along for a few miles. Video blogs will be posted so fans can watch as their experiences are transformed into a musical narrative of the Mother Road.

Come join the Dogs lost on Route 66 as the journey becomes the music. Your participation is vital and we believe this is an opportunity of a lifetime! The end result will be an album and DVD that will be charming, whimsical, comedic, poignant, educational, and above all else, fun and entertaining.

Donations are accepted through PayPal at http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic and
http://thelostdogs.com

$1 - Buy a Lost Dogs Route 66 Postcard (Mail it to your friends to let them know about the tour, CD and DVD. Also makes a great keepsake.)

$2 - Buy a Lost Dogs Route 66 Postcard and have the band mail it to you while they are on the road (or have one sent to a friend)

For a $10 donation your name will be listed in the Route 66 CD credits.

$20 - Receive postcards from The Lost Dogs while they're traveling down Route 66. A total of eight postcards (one from each state) will be sent to you by the Dogs themselves.

For a $25 donation your name will be listed in the Route 66 CD credits and scrolling DVD credits.

For a $50 donation your name will be listed in the Route 66 CD credits and scrolling DVD credits and you will also get a FREE Lost Dogs Route 66 t-shirt!

Or you may choose the amount you would like to donate!

GUITAR AUCTION!! The Lost Dogs will be auctioning off a signed Waterstone acoustic guitar and an acoustic bass that will be used while on the road to write the songs for their next studio album.

Please contact us if you are at all interested in being a part of this exciting project!

A big thank you to our sponsors:

Waterstone Musical Instruments
http://www.waterstoneguitars.com/

Brickhouse Security
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com

Beth Jahnsen
Managing Director
Take Two Productions
4470 W. Sunset Blvd. St 422
Los Angeles, Ca. 90027
(323) 823-0450 Work
(626) 253-1738 Cell
Beth@take2productions.net
www.taketwoproductions.net
07-16-2008 14:16 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH