Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Canada » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Canada
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Canada Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was told that by a friend who goes there every year for a fishing trip. He said that due to the nature of my law trouble I could never be allowed in the country? He could've been wrong but I've never tried.
07-01-2008 20:23 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Canada Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just to cross the border for a visit shouldn't be a problem... we let lots of people in with pretty dicey pasts! Likely, and I don't know your story... likely, way worse than you... Bill Clinton for instance!

07-01-2008 22:35 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

are you baiting Jon, Ron??
We all wanna know Smile

btw- Jon Ron is not to be confused with RonJons,,
don't wanna infringe..

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 07-01-2008 23:09.

07-01-2008 23:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Cat out of the bag... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pleased Ok that is interesting. What I have is a relatively small drug charge on my record, but what my friend said was that any drug charge would keep you out of Canada. It sounds like he was wrong or just messing with me. Lacking wisdom is not my only failing I guess.
07-01-2008 23:39 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Cat out of the bag... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I certainly doubt that would keep you out... we have so many people being deported with records back home, etc... I mean, we let musicians in and athletes with lots of issues, The NFL kicks out Ricky Williams for a year for marijuana use and we said, "Come on up!"
I doubt that you'd be held out... but I'm not a customs/immigration expert!

07-02-2008 00:15 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Jon Eddies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am thinking that incident of which you speak took place well over ten years ago.

07-02-2008 02:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

uh huh- ok then....

so Dennis - whats your "border status"?
eh??
Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-02-2008 07:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

It's good! Big Grin

07-02-2008 08:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
clipon clipon is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 10-05-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by clipon
RE: Cat out of the bag... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jon eddies
Pleased Ok that is interesting. What I have is a relatively small drug charge on my record, but what my friend said was that any drug charge would keep you out of Canada. It sounds like he was wrong or just messing with me. Lacking wisdom is not my only failing I guess.

It should not be a problem to come into the country. I have several friends with small drug charges that are here with minor drug charges and they got study permits and work visas. I think as long as its not major its fine.

PS: here is what i love about BC! The other day we went to a party and their was an atheist, two Christians (Erin and I), a Jewish convert and a young Muslim from Pakistan. We had the best time. Erin grew up in an Islamic neighborhood and most of her friends are muslim so ive been able to learn so much!

Thats how cool Canada is!
07-02-2008 12:09 clipon is offline Homepage of clipon Search for Posts by clipon Add clipon to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
The other day we went to a party and their was an atheist, two Christians (Erin and I), a Jewish convert and a young Muslim from Pakistan.

I'm still waiting for the punch line... Wink

07-02-2008 22:27 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Canada

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH