Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard ladrtrk55 05-28-2008 21:03
 RE: DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard audiori 05-28-2008 21:14
 sorry ladrtrk55 05-28-2008 21:22
 RE: sorry peawinkel 05-28-2008 22:09
 RE: sorry navfox 05-30-2008 11:33
 RE: sorry ladrtrk55 05-30-2008 17:12
 RE: sorry ladrtrk55 06-11-2008 14:07
 RE: DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard audiori 05-28-2008 22:25
 RE: DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard Dr Rich 05-29-2008 05:24
 RE: DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard Ritchie_az 07-03-2008 18:27

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tomorrow is going to be 'Christian rock music bumper' day and Thomas Hennigan started the ball rolling with references to Daniel Amos and the Swirlies for suggested bumper music.
I had to chime in.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 05-28-2008 21:23.

05-28-2008 21:03 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bah.. gotta pay to join the message board?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-28-2008 21:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by ladrtrk55
sorry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't know you hadda be a member just to view the boards. I guess me and Thomas will have to do the heavy lifting here. Big Grin
Anywho, I love that Dennis is requesting a Christian Rock day. That guy has come a long way.

05-28-2008 21:22 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

RE: sorry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
I didn't know you hadda be a member just to view the boards. I guess me and Thomas will have to do the heavy lifting here. Big Grin
Anywho, I love that Dennis is requesting a Christian Rock day. That guy has come a long way.

I wonder if he's ever heard Steve Taylor.........................

05-28-2008 22:09 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

RE: sorry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55

When did this happen? Dennis Miller listens to Christian music and especially DA? Or is he kidding?
NV
05-30-2008 11:33 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

They didn't play anything yesterday, I'll check today's show after I download it.
Evidently, Dennis's engineer guy is a Christian and left it up to him to program some Chrisian Rock bumpers.

05-30-2008 17:12 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

I guess it took 'em this long to pull it together.
I haven't heard the show yet, but the Dennis Miller Radio homepage gives a short list of artists that were featured today....DA isn't listed.
Boo.

DC Talk - "Jesus Freak"
Jars of Clay - "Flood"
Relient K - "Forgiven"
Third Day - "Consuming Fire"
Red - "Breathe Into Me"

anywho, props for a commercial radio show to at least ACKNOWLEDGE the existance of Christian music.

06-11-2008 14:07 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are links to DA's and the Eddies myspace pages and other similar sites on the main page at danielamos.com. Feel free to point them there for a sample. (If thats what they're wanting).

We can also put up something special just for them if you think they are looking for a certain kind of song.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-28-2008 22:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Very cool. Cool

05-29-2008 05:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Too bad they didn't pick better songs. I mean, aside from the Red song (I've never heard them to comment), the rest aren't that impressive.

Come on Miller (or his engineer), next time play:

77's God Sends Quails
The Choir Mercy Will Prevail
Daniel Amos If You Want To
Rez Band Run Where Roses Grow
Phil Keaggy Route Canal

07-03-2008 18:27 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA/Swirlies mentioned on Dennis Miller Radio messageboard

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH