Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Returning Oddities 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most of these little releases are not really intended to be a "must buy" for every fan... with stuff like "Swirling Mellow," "All Day Sing" and even the new "hodgepodge," most of you diehards will already have everything. We were just trying to get some of this stuff back in circulation - with the cash going to the right pockets.

The AF-related title will likely include some (or all) of the BMG demos which were recorded around that time - plus some live material from the Pretend I'm Elvis Tour and anything else we can dig up that would fit that style musically.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-08-2008 17:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
the BMG demos

I'm sure it's obvious, but what are these exactly?

07-08-2008 18:51 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: new/old product overload Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
What's a poor little birdy to do?

Dude!
Long time no see!

How the heck are ya? Cool

07-08-2008 19:05 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
the BMG demos

I'm sure it's obvious, but what are these exactly?

They were used on the Avocado Club discs, Terry recorded them as part of a songwriting deal for BMG.

07-08-2008 19:13 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Terry recorded them as part of a songwriting deal for BMG.

Wow. Terry had a songwriting deal with BMG?

That's pretty cool. I guess. I wouldn't know. Maybe it sucked?

07-08-2008 21:10 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

RE: new/old product overload Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

doing well, sir. I'm switching to a new school this fall (still teaching English to expelled and suspended students) which should ease the stress a little. Mrs. Birdy and I are welcoming little bird #5 into the nest in just a few weeks (sometime in August actually). I'm still spending way too much money on music.....just can't seem to help myself. Just received the new Hodgepodge and BBQ CDs - yes, even though I already had them. What a sucker I am. Happy to do it though.

07-16-2008 21:27 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Good to see you around sucker! Pleased

My wife and I are hoping to get a new house in a couple months and start trying to have our first kiddie next year!

That's the plan anyways...

07-17-2008 05:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

After having two crumb-crunchers in the last 2.5 years, we called it quits & momma got fixed...

...but we're still "trying". Tongue

07-17-2008 09:03 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Terry recorded them as part of a songwriting deal for BMG.

Wow. Terry had a songwriting deal with BMG?

That's pretty cool. I guess. I wouldn't know. Maybe it sucked?

He had to write and make demos of a certain number of songs like every month or something and send them to them. It lasted a little while, not exactly sure how long.

07-17-2008 09:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Dr. Rich...you DO know that a new house is NOT necessary in order to have children???

Ok, just checking....
07-17-2008 21:25 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

So....all the Avocado club stuff is going to be rereleased?

07-18-2008 14:22 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Not sure.. possibly. At the very least, some of it will be along with some other similar material chronologically.

It is all being bootlegged (unauthorized, contrary to some reports), so it may be best. Might as well take it away from the bootleggers. Its also likely that the 77s club stuff will come back... Chrimbo already is, of course.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-18-2008 18:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
Dr. Rich...you DO know that a new house is NOT necessary in order to have children???

Ok, just checking....

Wha??? Shocked

Tongue

07-18-2008 21:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Look at it this way...you're not buying a house to have children. You're buying a house to stimulate the economy!
07-18-2008 21:28 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

My wife and I are hoping to get a new house in a couple months and start trying to have our first kiddie next year!

I would think it a great one , my friend.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-19-2008 01:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Silly me!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
Look at it this way...you're not buying a house to have children. You're buying a house to stimulate the economy!

I thought I was buying a house to live in it? Tongue

07-19-2008 04:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I would think it a great one , my friend.

Thanks!
Big Grin

07-19-2008 04:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: Silly me!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"I thought I was buying a house to live in it?"

Well, there you go again. (Quoting Ronny Reagan there...)

It's NOT always about YOU!!! "It's the economy, stupid." (Quoting another prez...)
07-19-2008 06:02 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I think there is a connection.....we seem to have a new little one flying around the house every time we move. Guess how many times we've moved in the last 10 years........

07-31-2008 10:54 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:
Guess how many times we've moved in the last 10 years........

Um, I'll take a shot at it. I'm guessing you've moved twice in the last ten years.
Does the person who guesses the closest win a prize? Confused Big Grin

07-31-2008 12:32 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH