Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Returning Oddities 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"The Revelation" should be returning in a matter of days.. Happy

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-04-2008 18:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Really?

I guess I will be getting that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-04-2008 18:35.

08-04-2008 18:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

"Ruckus at the Edge of Nowhere"....
(Terry Taylor & Friends at Cornerstone 1997)

What we're thinking about doing with this one is opening it up for fans to submit cover designs for possible use as part of the new artwork. How it would probably work would be that folks would send us their design, we'd try to narrow it down to a certain selection and then everyone at Stunt would try to agree on one. If everyone can agree, that design would be used as the new cover and the artist would be credited.

Anyone interested in doing something like this?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-23-2008 00:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Yup.

08-23-2008 00:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I think it is a great idea. I'd submit something, but I'm not much of an artist.

08-23-2008 08:30 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

It could be fingerpainting as far as I'm concerned. THe most important thing is creativity and doing something unique... a good use of color and all of that.

We're going to draft an announcement about this.. that will include the design specs (size, file type, etc) and I suppose we should slap a deadline on it.

Should be fun!

08-23-2008 13:58 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'll have to think about it and wait for the "big" announcement.

08-23-2008 15:30 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Count me in!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
08-23-2008 20:10 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

The announcement should be posted tonight.

Another one on the way (back)...

dr. Edward Daniel Taylor's "Miracle Faith Telethon of Love"

09-01-2008 15:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The announcement should be posted tonight.

Another one on the way (back)...

dr. Edward Daniel Taylor's "Miracle Faith Telethon of Love"

My very favorite as far as Oddities go.
Cool

09-01-2008 17:39 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Does the new "Miracle Faith Telethon of Love" have the same artwork as the original or new artwork?

I have to admit that I am pretty excited about this one! Cool

09-01-2008 17:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Mostly the same. It is scaled back slightly - no lyrics for example. People can of course find those on the site.

We're trying to get some things like this back in print without costing anyone a fortune.

09-01-2008 20:18 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
It could be fingerpainting as far as I'm concerned. THe most important thing is creativity and doing something unique... a good use of color and all of that.

We're going to draft an announcement about this.. that will include the design specs (size, file type, etc) and I suppose we should slap a deadline on it.

Should be fun!

Going on record with the times and the dates???
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-02-2008 00:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

edward taylor:

dennis- "My very favorite as far as Oddities go"
me - "my very oddity as far as Favorites go".

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 09-02-2008 00:12.

09-02-2008 00:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:

Should be fun!

Cool

... only for the submitting of artwork. Everything else is up in the air.. it could be 50 years from now!

09-02-2008 00:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
it could be 50 years from now!

Shocked

I hope not! I'd be 78 years old!

09-02-2008 13:08 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Dr Rich
My very favorite as far as Oddities go.
Cool

09-02-2008 16:48 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Should be fun![/quote]

Cool [/quote]

... only for the submitting of artwork. Everything else is up in the air.. it could be 50 years from now![/quote]

ya'll still got it Big Grin

(and I'll be a centurian +!)

09-03-2008 08:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

This reply should have been way back on the 1st or 2nd page, but I didn't see this thread until now...

I had a version of the MELLOW cassette, and I kind of wonder where it fits in with all the "versions" named earlier.

Its cover was a LET'S SPIN cassette cover with a crudely printed label saying "Swirling Mellow" (or "Eddies Mellow"?) on it.

The cassette was a basic black one marked with a label like the one on the cover. Each side was the same: the whole "Mellow" album in its entirety, with the last couple of seconds of "What A World" cut off by the tape running out! The package seemed so thrown-together that I assumed it was just slapped together after all the "real" copies had run out.

After I got a copy of Mellow/Farm Beatles on CD, I sold the tape on eBay for more than I had paid for it originally. What the buyer never knew is that, before sending it, I recorded over both sides of the tape with what was on the CD -- thus giving them complete recordings of "What A World" and overall better sound quality.

[BTW, neither the tape or CD had "Unsuccessful Dutch Missionary (Mellow)" or "Ed Again (Mellow)" -- although the CD incorrectly lists those -- and "Snowball" was not an "edited album version" -- it was just Greg (?) unmelodically saying "SNOW-bawlll." Are there actually different versions of the MELLOW stuff itself??]
09-04-2008 12:50 ftg3plus4 is online Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
ctrups ctrups is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-02-2008

I love the Telethon.

I remember listening to the whole CD as a group of 4 of us drove up to a mens retreat on the Kern river,well actually on the land beside the Kern river.

The 4 of us had grown up in church together and gone thru High School together but we were as different as different could be.

I of course was the only DA fan and they thought I was nuts when we started playing the Telethon but by the time we got to the song Sprinklerhead they were laughing their heads off.

Hide the Beer the Pastors here was especially poignant as the other 3 all had gone to are were going to Biola.

DEAN
09-06-2008 13:59 ctrups is offline Search for Posts by ctrups Add ctrups to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Returning Oddities

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH