Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Meat the Farm Beetles » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Meat the Farm Beetles
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Meat the Farm Beetles Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What's up with this release? I can't find much info on it. Is it still available?
04-07-2008 19:55 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.danielamos.com/farmbeetle.html

I think we may have a copy or two of the M8ed version laying around..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-07-2008 21:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Actually...we could easily bring the original "correct" farmbeetles back from the grave.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-07-2008 21:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

looks like Swirling Mellow / Meat the Farmbeetles is now gone from Radrockers and/or Christian Discs.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-07-2008 22:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Actually...we could easily bring the original "correct" farmbeetles back from the grave.

Yes, please!

And maybe it's just me, but,
It would be cool to have Swirling Mellow on it's very own CD as well! Pleased

04-08-2008 16:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Swirling Mellow is already on CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dr Rich, Swirling Mellow is already on CD. M8 released it with Meat around circa 2000.

04-08-2008 17:19 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

RE: Swirling Mellow is already on CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

he said on "it's own" cd......... Roll Eyes
not that i care......... those are 2 of my least played releases.....
one cd is fine....... Red Face

bobd

04-08-2008 17:21 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I have it.
But, it would be cool to have Swirling Mellow on it's very own CD as well!
Not "sharing" with The Farm Beetles.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-08-2008 17:22.

04-08-2008 17:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: Swirling Mellow is already on CD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
he said on "it's own" cd.

You know what I mean! Pleased

04-08-2008 17:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Administrator

Been planning to do just that actually... possibly as a CafePress print-on-demand disc or something like that.

To me, those two discs just don't make sense together. Then you've got all of the other M8 baggage... for example, thats one release where they actually changed artwork that they weren't supposed to change. Its all just annoying.

04-08-2008 18:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Woo-hoo! That sounds very cool! Cool

04-08-2008 18:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime

That all sounds good and everything, but... what IS this album? Is it a parody? A covers album? Are the songs true to the originals, or is it with a DA spin? Can someone describe it?

quote:
Been planning to do just that actually... possibly as a CafePress print-on-demand disc or something like that.

Speaking as a musician who used to work with cafepress -- I'd recommend kunaki.com -- same basic concept, at less than a quarter of the price.

Just sayin'. Smile
04-08-2008 19:54 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Administrator

Farmbeetles is a silly hillbilly covers band.. its purely a comedy release.

04-08-2008 20:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I thought it was straight blue-grass!

I bought it found drunken hill-billy noise! Shocked

Great stuff! Pleased

04-08-2008 20:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I thought it was OK.

But as a comparison, I think Hayseed Dixie doing AC-DC is much better than Farm Beetles doing Beatles.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-09-2008 12:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

That was fun too.

04-09-2008 17:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

It took me a while to 'get' the Farm Beetles, but now I think it's hi-larious.

04-09-2008 18:09 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
looks like Swirling Mellow / Meat the Farmbeetles is now gone from Radrockers and/or Christian Discs.

Someone must've listened to them.

Tongue

04-09-2008 21:59 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

i'd pay good money for those!

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-10-2008 14:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i googled swirling eddies meet the farm beetles and found a blog about costa rica!

http://www.billzarchy.com/hdtv_costa.htm

bobd

04-10-2008 14:22 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Meat the Farm Beetles

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH