Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame wakachiwaka 04-02-2008 19:36
 RE: Thanks! jiminy 04-02-2008 20:11
 RE: Thanks! Dr Rich 04-02-2008 20:19
 RE: Thanks! Eis 04-05-2008 15:46
 RE: Thanks! Dr Rich 04-06-2008 12:23
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame ftg3plus4 04-02-2008 09:50
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame Audiori J 04-02-2008 15:04
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame jiminy 04-02-2008 09:53
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame jiminy 04-02-2008 10:23
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame Jerry Davison 04-02-2008 12:03
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame gingeflixen 04-02-2008 19:03
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame jiminy 04-02-2008 12:08
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame Audiori J 04-02-2008 15:02
 :) RoxxRegime 04-02-2008 19:57
 Re: :) Jerry Davison 04-04-2008 11:08
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame jiminy 04-02-2008 20:13
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame DwDunphy 04-03-2008 18:25
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame ftg3plus4 04-04-2008 10:56
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame RoxxRegime 04-04-2008 11:03
 RE: Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame MarkyMark77 04-04-2008 11:31
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE ..
(less TST I c)

Looks like someone was trying to mimic the "Frampton Comes Alive!" cover with those last shots of Randy, what with the black Les Paul and the "I'm HUGE" low camera angle... Cool
04-02-2008 19:36 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:
is that available in any form??
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

(less TST I c)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9_MQRdDNk

I really dig Tim's unfortunate mustache! Shocked
Keaggy had one just like it around the time.
It was the style of the day! Pleased

That video is Great Stuff! Cool

Lord - I went through a "moustache" phase that was pretty awful. (it had some kind of resurgance in the early 90s..cuz there were others in the pics at that time..
it was not a good look for me.
Im clean shaven now- tried a Moustache/Beard a few times- that worked OK..a nice winter change round here

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-02-2008 20:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Thanks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

(less TST I c)

Lord - I went through a "moustache" phase that was pretty awful. (it had some kind of resurgance in the early 90s..cuz there were others in the pics at that time..
Im clean shaven now- tried a Moustache/Beard a few times- that worked OK..a nice winter change round here

I just shaved my beard on Saturday.

04-02-2008 20:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

(less TST I c)

My fiancee told me to never shave my beard...I am marrying a wonderful woman. Cool
04-05-2008 15:46 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
never saw it.
(love the song too!)

(less TST I c)

My fiancee told me to never shave my beard...I am marrying a wonderful woman. Cool

My wife likes my beard. Happy
She always likes my naked face! Pleased

04-06-2008 12:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Unless someone knows something I don't (always a possibility), there are actually three Stonehill albums that haven't been released on CD:

- Between The Glory And The Flame ('81)
- Equator ('83)
- Celebrate This Heartbeat ('84)
04-02-2008 09:50 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4
Unless someone knows something I don't (always a possibility), there are actually three Stonehill albums that haven't been released on CD:

- Between The Glory And The Flame ('81)
- Equator ('83)
- Celebrate This Heartbeat ('84)

Correct. Parts of them have been issued on best of collections like the Randy Stonehill "Recollections" CD. Which also tends to make me think Word knows where the masters are.

04-02-2008 15:04 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Heartbeat is another of my faves..

sigh my casssette got eaten lonig ago

04-02-2008 09:53 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I just acquired
The Sky is Falling-

neat! -
one of the Xtra tracks
Postcards from the Heart
was done on BTGATF - as
Letter to My Family.
(the xtra strings et all are beautiful.....)

04-02-2008 10:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

I love this record, too. "Die Young" is one of my favorite songs of all time -- Christian or otherwise. Just great power pop.

I met someone on YouTube.com who shares my love for old Christian music and he sent me via email the entire "Glory and the Flame" and "Equator" albums on mp3. They sound as if they were dubbed from vinyl but at least I have them. I can put them in my public folder if anyone is interested. Since they are otherwise unavailable and I'm confident you have all paid for these albums at one time or another, my conscience is clear. Pleased
04-02-2008 12:03 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
gingeflixen gingeflixen is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-02-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
I love this record, too. "Die Young" is one of my favorite songs of all time -- Christian or otherwise. Just great power pop.

I met someone on YouTube.com who shares my love for old Christian music and he sent me via email the entire "Glory and the Flame" and "Equator" albums on mp3. They sound as if they were dubbed from vinyl but at least I have them. I can put them in my public folder if anyone is interested. Since they are otherwise unavailable and I'm confident you have all paid for these albums at one time or another, my conscience is clear. Pleased

I'M INTERESTED! How does it work?
04-02-2008 19:03 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of gingeflixen: gingeflixen
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

thas how I got em ..you can hear the pops and crackles

but thats OK... Big Grin

04-02-2008 12:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Interesting story, there may be some bit of truth to it.

04-02-2008 15:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime
:) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I met someone on YouTube.com who shares my love for old Christian music and he sent me via email the entire "Glory and the Flame" and "Equator" albums on mp3. They sound as if they were dubbed from vinyl but at least I have them. I can put them in my public folder if anyone is interested. Since they are otherwise unavailable and I'm confident you have all paid for these albums at one time or another, my conscience is clear.

I would really appreciate it if we could do this! How does it work?
04-02-2008 19:57 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Re: :) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by RoxxRegime
quote:
I met someone on YouTube.com who shares my love for old Christian music and he sent me via email the entire "Glory and the Flame" and "Equator" albums on mp3. They sound as if they were dubbed from vinyl but at least I have them. I can put them in my public folder if anyone is interested. Since they are otherwise unavailable and I'm confident you have all paid for these albums at one time or another, my conscience is clear.

I would really appreciate it if we could do this! How does it work?

I have a publicly accessible storage space. I'll upload the stuff and post a link here.
04-04-2008 11:08 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

pm me Cool

04-02-2008 20:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

There's something really special about "G&F". Although I love "Equator" and "China", "World Without Pain" and "Hide Them In Your Love" specifically, "G&F" just gels perfectly straight through. Again, though I'm a sucker for Uncle Randy's weirdness, "G&F" confines it to "Christine" and even then the underlying creepiness and message of modern media infatuations helps elevate it from Weird Al-isms.

While I have never understood why Word and Sparrow have buried their old releases in the OOP netherworld, I understand these two albums least of all.
04-03-2008 18:25 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
While I have never understood why Word and Sparrow have buried their old releases in the OOP netherworld, I understand these two albums least of all.

Generally, this sort of thing depends on who owns the rights to the album, and how many copies they think they could sell vs. how many they think they'd have to sell to make it worthwhile.

Besides that, I've noticed that Randy's '80s output tends to be somewhat looked down on today in comparison to his "critics favorite" albums like THE WILD FRONTIER and RETURN TO PARADISE. (BTW, I haven't particularly liked much of anything I've heard from those two albums.) Though, if that's the case, I wonder why LOVE BEYOND REASON got a CD release. Must have been a matter of who owned those rights, etc.

04-04-2008 10:56 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by RoxxRegime

Eh, I think his 80's stuff was pretty hit or miss.

His 70's stuff was great (Welcome to Paradise, Get Me Out Of Hollywood & The Sky Is Falling. I just ordered Born Twice and Live & Greenbelt but haven't heard them yet), and the early 80's albums with Terry (BTGATF and Equator) are excellent... The Wild Frontier is great all the way through, Can't Buy A Miracle has a few good songs -- and everything else seems just way too, well, "CCM" for me -- to slick, polished, and taylor-made for Christian bookstores.

For the record, the songs I've heard from Edge of the World are excellent!

That's one thing that I love about DA -- they NEVER let themselves get pressured into sounding all squeaky clean!
04-04-2008 11:03 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
I have a publicly accessible storage space. I'll upload the stuff and post a link here.

Not being critical here, because I don't at all have a problem with this, but I'm curious what everyone thinks. How does this jive with the "Shotgun Angel download" thread? What is the difference?

Here's the thread:
http://www.danielamos.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=12390

Someone is probably going to end up hating me!!! Shocked

Sorry! Crying

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 04-04-2008 11:32.

04-04-2008 11:31 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Randy Stonehill -Between the Glory & The Flame

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH