Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » when everyone wore hats » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page when everyone wore hats
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

when everyone wore hats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How do the acoustic versions of these songs hold up???

03-11-2008 16:04 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

RE: when everyone wore hats Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the whole book set is really awesome! I wish Terry had narrated the whole story, but maybe another time. Regarding the songs: They all hold up pretty well. I really like "Turn this Off," "Glory Road," and "Get Into the Bus, Aloha." The others are all great reinterpretations too. I do wish they had done an accoustic version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." Oh well, I think they did not for artistic reasons. "When Everyone Wore Hats" is a great collection of songs!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
03-11-2008 16:37 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thought that they did "Can't take My Eyes Off Of You" with "...Aloha" on the acoustic disc...
Either way, you convinced me to buy it.

I've been going DA nuts in the last few days.
I only own Songs Of the Heart, Horrendous Disc, and Mr. Buechner's Dream...so I'm kind of a DA rookie...
But in the last few days, I've been able to order:

The Alarma Chronicles Bookset
Daniel Amos 30th edition s/t
BibleLand
Kalhoun
Personal Favourites
Motorcycle
Live @ C-Stone
When Everyone Wore Hats
Preachers From Outer Space

I feel like a rich man!!!
I can't wait to finally
get these albums in the mail...
It would be great to track down a Shotgun Angel CD, but I'm sure the price would break the bank...
Anyways, enough of my bragging!!!

03-11-2008 17:31 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uncertain where the road was leading
But trusting God was on their side
They traced the moral chain of being
And filmed it all in black and white

And everyone wore hats...

03-11-2008 17:53 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

We've both embraced the sobering truth:
It's a world without happy endings
Now it's as if the film has stopped
And real life is just beginning

03-11-2008 17:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

the acoustic songs hold up pretty good, and there is the disc 3 with Terry narrating some and a few extra songs. even if you have SOTH the bookset is well worth it and especially enjoyable if you like Lost Dogs or Terry's Avocado Faultline CD. Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-11-2008 22:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

The bookset is killer and the acoustic songs are a real treat. Definitely pick this up if you don't have it.
03-12-2008 22:06 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind

I'll have to eventually get Avocado Fault Line...
Does Jason Martin (SF59) interview Terry on cd3 of WEWH?

03-13-2008 09:13 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yup.

03-13-2008 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got my copy of the When Everyone Wore Hats bookset. I must confess, I have never heard Songs of the Heart (I lost track of the guys after Motorcycle until MBD). I would like to listen to the original versions of the songs first, but the discs are labelled with just the overall title and a number at the bottom (1, 2, 3). There's no tracklist for them in the book. So that I can pop in the right disc, would someone tell me what is on each of the discs?
07-01-2016 21:12 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

http://www.danielamos.com/da/wheneveryoneworehats/

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-01-2016 22:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you, audiori. I did try finding something like that on the site, but my cyberorienteering was obviously weak.
07-01-2016 22:40 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » when everyone wore hats

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH