Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - BibleLand » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA - BibleLand 3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.003 Votes - Average Rating: 9.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Mad RE: BibleLand Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
i'm getting my money back tomorrow! Mad Mad Mad

Tongue

no, it's a good cd..........
not a great one... but good.. Cool

Cool

Cool
02-18-2009 13:44 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have always liked Bibleland, I might not play it as much as other DA albums, but thats just a mere matter of taste. Certain ones just do it for me more. Doppelganger and Alarma were always in the CD player for me, Mr Buechners Dream would probably follow them, and then Fearful Symmetry and Darn Floor followed by Vox Humana and Horrendous Disc. Motorcycle, Songs of the Heart and Bibleland follow those albums and then Shotgun Angel and lastly the first album. I like them all, but sonically some just fit me more.

02-18-2009 15:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've mentioned before that Bakersfield and Out In The Cold are two DA songs I absolutely love, but, on the whole, BibleLand is one of my least favorite DA albums.

02-18-2009 16:00 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

How can anyone not love "Broken Ladders to Glory"? Big Grin

I bought this as a cut out at my local Christian Book store in '95 on cassette. Didn't care for it. Didn't listen to it for years until I got into DA about ten years later. Now I love it.

When my best friend, whose a Dogs/7's/Mike Roe/Choir fan, would go to Dogs shows, they've had DA CD's, and I'd always pass by 'em. Never bought a one. We loved the Eddies, though, so I'm not sure why. We groaned when we saw that GRS and Gift Horse had mostly Terry-penned songs on them. I think we liked the more dark tone of Mike's work, but honestly, I can't figure exactly why we didn't care for it.

Flash forward thirteen years, and I'm trying to get all the DA/TST stuff.

02-18-2009 16:47 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
When my best friend, whose a Dogs/7's/Mike Roe/Choir fan, would go to Dogs shows, they've had DA CD's, and I'd always pass by 'em. Never bought a one. We groaned when we saw that GRS and Gift Horse had mostly Terry-penned songs on them.

That's uncommonly uncool.

Big Grin

02-18-2009 17:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Stone Away is a good song.
02-18-2009 19:04 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

In my estimation, this is how I rate BibleLand:

Broken Ladders To Glory B "We'll get blown across the cracked linoleum / out to the promise land"

Bibleland B- "We're going out to Bibleland / by a Motel 6, and a burger stand"

Theo's Logic B- "I had a quarter in my pocket / I pumped way too much gas / and like those bread and fishies / my little quarter turned to cash"

Low Crawls & High Times C+ "The Word becomes the flesh / My life becomes your death / But you'll be coming 'round the mountain soon"

Bakersfield A "In the morning they gurgle out of / spoiled rancid visions and cabbage pods"

Out In The Cold A+ "My brain turned to sand / when your hair caught the light"

The Bubble Bursts C "Come early, take a number and then stand in line / where I'll wrap each disappointment in a warning sign"

Pete & Repeat C+ "Foul foul hands, dirty digits grasp / at the foul foul plans / that formulates the gas / to run the razor blade walls"

Constance Of The Universe C+ "See that soul, give him the Word / See that jerk, gotta give him the bird"

I'll Get Over It B+ "Were you peeking / above my window sill / 'Cos my safekeeping / was slapped against your will"

She's Working Here B+ "God knows she can't afford the luxury / of staying home to raise the kids / Small price to pay for her security"

Stone Away B "and just when I was sleeping / and just as I stopped breathing / and just when I'd grown colder / and thought that it was over"

Overall, BibleLand gets a "B"

02-18-2009 19:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
That's uncommonly uncool.

Why yes, yes it is. Cool

02-18-2009 21:32 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I'm from Te-has Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bibleland - F - I'm getting my money back tomorrow.
Wink

02-19-2009 07:22 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

I LOVE Bibleland...and Kalhoun...
To me, they both sound very similar.
This is the DA r o c k ! ! !

Terry's gritty, dirty phase totally adds to his complete, well-rounded songwriting ability...

Actually, if we are ever blessed with another DA record (Lord please!!!), I hope Terry would find middle ground with Bibleland/ Kalhoun and Motorcycle....

That's my 2 cents...

02-19-2009 11:47 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

"Bibleland", "Kalhoun" and "Songs of the Heart", more so "Bibleland", is what the band sounded like live as opposed to studio orchestration. I think the band being a four piece, they wanted that 'live' feel, as opposed to "Motorcycle" which had six members and a lot of studio work. Kind of like the difference bewteen six members on HD and 4 members on Alarma.

02-19-2009 14:15 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
"Bibleland", "Kalhoun" and "Songs of the Heart", more so "Bibleland", is what the band sounded like live as opposed to studio orchestration. I think the band being a four piece, they wanted that 'live' feel, as opposed to "Motorcycle" which had six members and a lot of studio work. Kind of like the difference bewteen six members on HD and 4 members on Alarma.

That makes alot of sense. Thanks for the clarification. Bibleland has that wonderful, raw sound of strong, seasoned rock artists. It does have that live feel- and I love it.

02-19-2009 14:35 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ceremonial Kernel

Not to keep rehashing the same thing, but...

Songs of the Heart , iAlarma! and Kalhoun are stronger albums than BibleLand, IMHO, both conceptually and musically (you know, if we want to lump those in the same category).

I'm not saying I don't like BibleLand or that I don't listen to it. It's just one of DA's less interesting albums, IMHO, which means it's still better than most of the music that's out there.

02-20-2009 00:52 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee

I like Stone Away better than Broken Ladders to Glory.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-20-2009 21:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

"Low Crawls and High Times" is a great piece of raw surfpunk (yes, listen to the tremelo on one of the guitars to hear what I mean) that makes me want to play air guitar whenever I hear it! The Dog's "Bullet Train" has a sort of similar feel, but much more controlled.

It's near the top of my DA favourite list, probably because of when and where I bought it....just the right album at the right time for me.

www.smashthatcomputer.com
02-22-2009 03:12 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee

I like Stone Away better than Broken Ladders to Glory.

i can agree with that! Cool

Cool
02-22-2009 22:03 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I love BibleLand.
Looooooooooove it.

05-07-2011 03:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I love BibleLand! Cool

Whenever I listen to BibleLand I think it's maybe it is my favorite DA record

05-07-2011 03:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I finally heard Bibleland yesterday. Yeah, sorry about that. I lost touch with the band's doings after Motorcycle and didn't pick up again until Mr. Buechner's Dream.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jimmy Brown: 02-08-2015 07:58.

02-06-2015 13:47 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

An adventure awaits you!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
02-10-2015 23:21 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » DA - BibleLand

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH